What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

AJB1102

First Grade
Someone just tweeted the prices for tonight (going off phone, I dunno how to link).

$42 to sit in the burrow
$70 for a sideline seat

How much to sit in an office chair on the back of a Hilux like I seen 2 merkins doing on the telecast?

What an experience that must have been. If only they plucked a couple franks from a thermos to make BYO hotdogs!

Pommy

Coach
How much to sit in an office chair on the back of a Hilux like I seen 2 merkins doing on the telecast?

What an experience that must have been. If only they plucked a couple franks from a thermos to make BYO hotdogs!

They do that every game.

Not so long ago the alarm started going off and nobody had the keys lol

AJB1102

First Grade
They do that every game.

Not so long ago the alarm started going off and nobody had the keys lol

hahaha see if they promoted funny dumb shit like that more people might attend.

800 cameras and you're parked on the sideline at ANZ Stadium but still make sure you bring the steering wheel lock if there is a few Souffs fans around.

Brutus

Referee
It was a very poor look for the game last night. It is shame that the NRL and Souths did nothing to try and get people to the game. The media is all about Origin, so the NRL and Souths needed to do something special in terms of promotion and they didn't. You reap what you sow.

7k.....they were counting leg as well as the staff working.....

The NRL dont care about crowds - but ironically that was probably one of the lowest rating Friday nights for a while.

Even if the teams were doing well, you wouldnt get more than 13k.....it was a game that should have gone to the Central Coast.

I heard radio ads through the week but if the prices that were quoted, it makes sense. They could have done more to get a crowd but if the game is going to over charge fans when it is easier to watch the game at home for free....the outcome is no surprise

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I hate criticising crowds but that was a horrible crowd.

Souths need to realise that the look of a club is sometimes more important than $$$$$.

By all means take anz's money but if you keep having paltry crowds then the image of your club suffers and long term you'll end up financially worse off because no organisation will want to be associated with a club with no visible fans.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Rugby League seems to get the best games and crowds for a big event like ANZAC game and SOO 1 this year so I suspect as I said before players and fans lap it up when it happens even Steve Blocker said that it would piss him off as one week there be 14000 for a game which was great then the next game be under 6000.

carcharias

Immortal
Not an NRL idea but my local bowlo does a $15 bus return trip to the games at Shark park.

Drops you off an hour before kickoff and picks up half an hour after full time.

They usually get about 40-50 on board.

POPEYE

Coach
I hate criticising crowds but that was a horrible crowd.

Souths need to realise that the look of a club is sometimes more important than $$$$$.

By all means take anz's money but if you keep having paltry crowds then the image of your club suffers and long term you'll end up financially worse off because no organisation will want to be associated with a club with no visible fans.
Doesn't bother the Roosters ol'mate

El Diablo

Post Whore
why?

GWS have no fans yet have huge corporate support and sponsorship

Raiderdave

First Grade
why?

GWS have no fans yet have huge corporate support and sponsorship

i think that has more to do with them being owned by the AFL
the AFL secures those deals for them with their influence
Souths have amongst the largest corporate & sponsorship port folios in the NRL
as a direct result of Rusty Crowe