What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

callmack1

Staff member
Glad you blokes are happy with the designs, really enjoyed designing them. Hopefully you'll enjoy the off-field range which should be released in the next few days.
Welcome to the forums mate.

Did you actually design them? Like no joke?

If so, well done, Especially the Country one. Also how did you get in to design them?

Nuke

Staff member
I noticed that too. They have in the past had a kind of coat of arms on the left chest, with the NSWRL logo on the right (as you wear it), and I think this might be the first time they've had a City Origin logo in place of the coat of arms? Maybe not, as surely it would be strange to change it now in its supposed last year??

(I say 'supposed', as we've already had a final City-Country game years ago before it was brought back a few years later).

It is SO good to have the traditional Country jersey back too! I have loved it since I was a kid, and finally bought one late 2007 when I found one ... only for them to change the jersey completely for the 2008 season! My jersey is finally going to be current (bar the logos and sponsor)!

Nuke

Staff member
I stand corrected. City had that City Origin logo at least last year too. I'm surprised I don't remember noticing it.

59641-city-origin-2016-mens-indigenous-jersey-2000.jpg

They changed the Countey jersey because they wanted the Country Firsts (ie the real Country team) to wear the proper jersey. Then inexplicably they decided to make the firsts wear the same shitty Catalans knockoff jersey the last couple of years, possibly partly because when they play Qld Rangers they take turns wearing an alternate jersey.

Ps: It's f**king criminal that this jersey will never be seen again, but then again there won't be RL in country Nsw one day so it's just the start.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Let's be honest, the NSW CvC fixture has been a joke for years. Would rather see NRL mandate clubs to take 1 home game per year to a regional town/city, with both teams to stay, train and attend junior sporting clinics and/or sportsman dinners during the week leading up to the game. That's 16 bush games per season, as opposed to 1 meaningless CvC fixture per season.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Rooster = Subtle, very nice

Knights = Reasonable. I love the dot-art texturing and it is criminal that we dont use these gold numbers on out other jerseys

Manly = Too much happening, looks like Jackson Pollock on coke (the explanation is a nice touch though)

Bronx = what is this monstrosity?!?!? and where did they pull that orange from?

Status
Not open for further replies.