What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzerounian

Juniors
I hope Manly wear black shorts. They have in the past but this years' jersey would look particularly good with the black shorts (and socks).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hope Manly wear black shorts. They have in the past but this years' jersey would look particularly good with the black shorts (and socks).
maroon shorts. Broncos wearing white shorts to match the white trim and provide the contrast:

C_R2KmAVoAALeuO.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm not a fan of indigenous jersey, but I am a fan of all clubs participating

I just hope we don't only have home teams wearing them, and they rest saving it for their next home game

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
View attachment 13066

Great that they have almost every team finally participating. For me, nothing disrespects the concept more than a half-assed, patch-work approach.

Still time to ruin it though. Im guessing clubs will spread these across 4 rounds for no reason....

Why did they bother getting someone from warriors? Lol

Yeh, why didnt they do some kind of Maori design?

Pommy

Coach
View attachment 13066

Great that they have almost every team finally participating. For me, nothing disrespects the concept more than a half-assed, patch-work approach.

Still time to ruin it though. Im guessing clubs will spread these across 4 rounds for no reason....

Souths are wearing it in round 17 for NAIDOC week.

kdalymc

Bench
View attachment 13066

Every team is... And warriors do...

Why don't they just go with an Indigenous Month?

That way they can:
* focus on Indigenous needs and issues; giving them due recognition etc. NAIDOC, etc.
* Allows clubs to wear their Indigenous jerseys home and away at least twice.
* Focus on Indigenous players in the competition and how special they are; back story; history; etc. Present and past players. Then the final/4th weekend is played and each team, the MOTM is awarded the Arthur Beetson Medal (like they did in the ANZAC Rd).
* Raise money and awareness through advertising, etc, across a range of media for this period specifically aimed at helping Indigenous causes.
* Focus on Indigenous teams and juniors at grass roots levels, etc. Even play the Koori Knockout or something similar.

Just an idea.

that's the kind of forward thinking we don't want at the nrl mate...

It just seems like they try to shoehorn everything in to one week/weekend, and its haphazard despite all the best intentions.
Away teams wait a week or go off early to wear their jersey at home. FFS, Souths are wearing their's in July.
The message seems tokenistic to me. I want to know about Indigenous needs and issues (not being Indigenous myself). Plus the rich history of the game with indigenous involvement needs to be recognised. Arthur Beetson was the first indigenous person to captain an Australian rep side. That should be shouted from the rooftops and made special. And I'm sure plenty of past players may have denied their indigenous roots...so it can be acknowledged now. Plus the families of these great players could be recognised. It'd be such a nice touch and a healing gesture.

thorson1987

Coach
Why don't they just go with an Indigenous Month?

That way they can:
* focus on Indigenous needs and issues; giving them due recognition etc. NAIDOC, etc.
* Allows clubs to wear their Indigenous jerseys home and away at least twice.
* Focus on Indigenous players in the competition and how special they are; back story; history; etc. Present and past players. Then the final/4th weekend is played and each team, the MOTM is awarded the Arthur Beetson Medal (like they did in the ANZAC Rd).
* Raise money and awareness through advertising, etc, across a range of media for this period specifically aimed at helping Indigenous causes.
* Focus on Indigenous teams and juniors at grass roots levels, etc. Even play the Koori Knockout or something similar.

Just an idea.

Koori knockout is fine where it is.

Moving it to midseason would mean not a single semi pro or pro player would've able to play which removes one of the big drawcards.

Rooster8

Juniors
Here are some sneak peaks at the new Rugby League Live 4 video game. Looks like the designers have gone for the ISC look without the sleeves for all clubs hahaha.

IMG_7587.PNG IMG_7588.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.