What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

yobbo84

Coach
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/02/09/hop_on_up_member_att.html
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are excited to introduce the brand new “Hop On Up Member Attendance Rewards” program kicking off in 2017.

This program rewards you, our Members, with great prizes throughout the season depending on the amount of games you attend.

So how does it work?

Simply attend any Rabbitohs Home or Reciprocal game at ANZ Stadium from Round 1-26 for the 2017 Telstra Premiership season to be eligible for rewards.

What are the rewards?

REWARDS FOR FULL-SEASON TICKETED MEMBERS:

· Attend 6 games and receive a Rabbitohs Wristband

· Attend 9 games and receive a Rabbitohs Merchandise voucher

· Attend 12 games and receive a Rabbitohs Wall Pennant

· Attend 14 games and receive an invite to our exclusive Hop On Up Member Attendance Rewards Event!

REWARDS FOR FLEXI TICKET MEMBERS:

· Simply top up your flexi membership and use 6 tickets to be invited to an exclusive tour of our Simply Energy High Performance Centre at Redfern Oval!

Terms & Conditions apply - Click here to view.

So Hop On Up and join us as we cheer on our men in red and green in season 2017!

juro

Bench
I would have thought there would be more incentives to getting members to the game. Things like badge draws where the prizes are supplied by sponsors or members get merchandise or special behind-the-scenes access would cost almost nothing to the clubs, but would encourage more members to actually attend.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would have thought there would be more incentives to getting members to the game. Things like badge draws where the prizes are supplied by sponsors or members get merchandise or special behind-the-scenes access would cost almost nothing to the clubs, but would encourage more members to actually attend.

Again my BBL experience was there was heaps of give away competition happening during the game, all sponsored. It helped with fan interaction and keeping everyone engaged during stoppages. I particularly liked the KFC bucket hat competition which was very amusing

When you go to the movies or the Opera or theatre or gig...do you require give-aways and the like as an incentive to go?

Perth Red

Post Whore
When you go to the movies or the Opera or theatre or gig...do you require give-aways and the like as an incentive to go?

I don't go to them every week. And what I do expect is a great experience that includes sound, visual and comfort. They need to meet criteria for fan enjoyment just as RL clubs do if they want to attract fans. Different criteria but still need to be met. The fan engagement stuff is more about encouraging families, I wonder how many ticketed family memberships get sold?

What was RL doing in 1990-94 that got crowds up and women involved?

I think we all know the answer to that: big hits, sex sells and Tina Turner.

Replicate that and I truly believe over half the battle will be won.

Emu01

Juniors

I emailed the Nrl about using the Tina Turner song simply the best to promote the game and they dismissed me very quickly and told me the game has moved on since those days..

I was shattered cos that promotion was awesome..Let's all email the Nrl and put pressure on them to bring Tina back!

She is about 75 now but she still has it. Come on Nrl listen to the fans..

Not saying the should use Tina Turner or Simply The Best....but these marketing people get paid good $$$ to serve up the shite they have for past ten-fifteen years.

Emu01

Juniors
Not saying the should use Tina Turner or Simply The Best....but these marketing people get paid good $$$ to serve up the shite they have for past ten-fifteen years.

They only have to use the song simply the best and people will love it, put a modern film clip and just wheel Tina Turner out on grand final day it will bring the house down..

Valheru

Coach

I agree that is half the battle.

The other half in my opinion is live tv. Put major games on delay or give them a black out and crowds will increase no doubt. It won't be a popular move but if crowds are a serious metric, this will improve it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't see that ever happening now Fox has rebroadcast rights.

Also disagree the promotions over the last 20 years have been awful. That's My Team was a roaring success and I think the 2008 (centenary) one and even the Bon Jovi one got a fair bit of traction.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Some have been good, some poor, some non existent. What's this years "theme"?

Families, females, right venue right game, decent KO times, cost, amazing experience at the game regardless of result, marketing marketing marketing. The profile of the game needs to increase along with the hype of supporting a club. After all that if we don't increase crowds and memberships significantly maybe we just have to accept the game is never going to be huge and will always just appeal to a niche market. I don't believe that as it is an amazing sport to watch compared to most.

Timmah

Staff member
I love how you speak as if there aren't people in the organisation who already know that.

Timmah

Staff member
Another day another update.

upload_2017-2-11_13-33-23.png

Broncos back on top, Dogs added a heap which puts them back in front of Canberra. Knights and Tigers jumped back in front of Sharks. Penrith with a small update but really disappointing from them given their success last year and even at the Nines. Thought we'd have seen a surge from them by now.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Another day another update.

View attachment 11376

Broncos back on top, Dogs added a heap which puts them back in front of Canberra. Knights and Tigers jumped back in front of Sharks. Penrith with a small update but really disappointing from them given their success last year and even at the Nines. Thought we'd have seen a surge from them by now.
Well done to the Melbourne Storm. Built a club from nothing to be a club that beats most Sydney clubs in membership numbers and crowd attendances.