What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 NRL Club Membership

forby

Juniors
I saw today that Wests Tigers offer a one game membership for Rd 2 only with a membership cap. Hardly a real membership, and an excellent way to boost your numbers without getting any new members!
The raw numbers dont mean a thing. You need to see how many tickets each club sells to get a real indication.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I saw today that Wests Tigers offer a one game membership for Rd 2 only with a membership cap. Hardly a real membership, and an excellent way to boost your numbers without getting any new members!
The raw numbers dont mean a thing. You need to see how many tickets each club sells to get a real indication.
How much?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Agreed. Offers the club info on fans to contact about next year and upgrading to more Games in their package

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
+ 2
get the punters in for " a game " expose the product to them
hopefully they'll enjoy the experience & sign up for more

a sound enough strategy

POPEYE

Coach
Wonder if I became a Melbourne member they'd send me a jersey in lieu of the sum of all other benefits

PaulyTom

Juniors
Melbourne rebels crowd was abismal last night , a tick over 10k for the seasons launch game.

Hopefully the melbourne storm can continue to grow their crowds.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Broncos 28,506

Souths 26,916

Eels 18,267

Storm 16,465

Dogs 16,074

Raiders 15,201

Dragons 14,158

Cowboys 13,800

Warriors 13,569

West Tigers 12,538

Roosters 12,310

Sharks 12,097

Knights 11,932

Sea Eagles 11,248

Panthers 10,713

Titans 8376

NRL Total Memberships 2017 242,170 25/02/17

NRL Total Memberships 2016 (227,374) 02/03/16

Emu01

Juniors
Huge numbers! Just need Titans to crack 10k now.

I wonder how Nrl membership numbers stack up against the Afl's numbers..The Afl have been selling memberships for much longer cos it was there main avenue for raising money for the clubs..

They couldn't rely on poker machine money due to the ban on poker machines in Victoria back in the day..

I remember hearing the swans had 50k at one stage. So although our numbers are good, we can still improve them even more.

Last edited:

PaulyTom

Juniors

I wonder how Nrl membership numbers stack up against the Afl's numbers..The Afl have been selling memberships for much longer cos it was there main avenue for raising money for the clubs..

They couldn't rely on poker machine money due to the ban on poker machines in Victoria back in the day..

I remember hearing the swans had 50k at one stage. So although our numbers are good, we can still improve them even more.

They had a good 20 year start on the NRL. We are slowly getting there

T-Boon

Coach
They had a good 20 year start on the NRL. We are slowly getting there

I don't think it is right to say the AFL "had" a 20 year start on the NRL. The NRL clubs had the same opportunity to build membership they just didn't see the point and just sort of "gave" the AFL clubs a 20 year start. The clubs also had to be virtually forced (by the NRL) to get going on memberships as well. Sounds similar to expansion, a womens league, lobbying governments...

PaulyTom

Juniors
I don't think it is right to say the AFL "had" a 20 year start on the NRL. The NRL clubs had the same opportunity to build membership they just didn't see the point and just sort of "gave" the AFL clubs a 20 year start. The clubs also had to be virtually forced (by the NRL) to get going on memberships as well. Sounds similar to expansion, a womens league, lobbying governments...
Bang on there.

Perth Red

Post Whore

http://www.aflonline.com.au/afl-news/current-afl-membership-numbers-for-2016/

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Last season:

HAW 75351
COL 74643
RIC 72278
WCE 65188
ESS 57494
SYD 56523
ADL 54307
PA 53743
FRE 51889
GEE 50571
CAR 50130
NM 45014
WB 39459
MEL 39146
STK 38009
BL 23286
GWS 15312
GCS 12854

Raiderdave

First Grade

yeah lol

utter rubbish as per usual
look under NFI in the dictionary & theres a picture of you !!