What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - A - W1 - AUS 18-4 ENG @ Melbourne

Result: AUS v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
I don't know why people are surprised by woods anymore. He's been getting a free ride for the las 3 years

Why? I have no idea. But he's virtually guaranteed a starting spot for Aus/NSW

roughyedspud

Coach
England team

1. Lomax
2. J-mac
3. Watkins
4. Bateman
5. Hall
6. Widdop
7. Gale
8. Hill
9. Hodgson
10. Graham
11. Burgess
12. Whitehead
13. O'Loughlin

14. Walmsley
15. Heignington -f**k me
16. T.burgess
17. Roby

18. Currie
19. Brown
20. Percival
21. Taylor..

SBD82

Coach
Not the greatest middle for Australia. Hard to see who will do the grunt work. I assume Friz will be playing there and possibly cordner with graham coming in on the edge, unless they are playing graham as the utility.

Assume Dugan will be playing right edge center. If that's the case I'm sure creeping will tell his left winger to jam in on Dugan every play. No point defending the winger with Dugans passing game.

whall15

Coach
With four countries providing referees (yes I know there aren't any French refs over here for the tournament, but the French SL ref should've been brought over unless he retired) there's no excuse to have an Australian referee ref Australia.

King hit

Coach
There was this imbecile on the nospam37 forum calling Jake Trobevic 'so average'

what a f**king genius

AJB1102

First Grade
Front row lacks a bit without a bloke like Fifita. Woods is a pillow and we'll have to wait and see which Klemmer rocks up - hopefully hard running mongrel with his head screwed on.

J Turbo, Frizzell and McGuire should be cover enough to see Australia through.

Frizz to have a blinder I reckon.

martielang

Bench
That’s a pretty average Australian side in fairness.

Hopefully a close game.

Dugan is seen as the second best centre in Australia. Seriously.

Canard

Immortal
How does Sharon Woods keep getting picked for rep sides?

I assume Toddy arranged this selection when he signed with the Dogs

hutch

First Grade
The hate for woods is unwarranted. He is a solid front rower, plenty of size, never gets dominated, has an offload and is consistent. I can see where the ‘plodder’ calls come from but he will do his job.

Last Week

Bench
I don't think England are being given a fair chance here. England's biggest problem for the last 4 years, at least, is not making the best of their opportunities.

I know this is somewhat cliché, but Wayne Bennett is probably the best coach for this.

If England can match Australia's defensive effort, it'll come down to errors.

I think Australia's discipline will be too much for England, but you never know. It's always a possibility. They are due for a win over us. It's only been 11 years...

grouch

First Grade
I give England a big chance, but feel they'd be more likely to beat Australia at the end of the tournament, rather than the beginning

Roos will be too polished here.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
England are shyte.

They always have good forwards, a decent back or two, but never have the halves to compete, well not for 50 years.

This WC will be no different.

People must forget just how clinical the Aussies are. You try putting points on them.

Rhyno

First Grade
There was this imbecile on the leagueunlimited forum calling Jake Trobevic 'so average'

what a f**king genius
Both the Trobevic's are over rated if they weren't family friend with the Johns brothers they wouldn't be talked up for rep teams

Latest posts