What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - B - W3 - NZL 22-28 TON @ Hamilton

Result: NZL v TON

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As a fan Fiji don't concern me. They're nowhere near Tonga's level.

However if the Kiwis have that same attitude or show a lack of intensity like in the second half then who knows. Fiji can score points.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'd happily see JT in a black jumper next year if he plays his best.

I don't want to see Kidwell coaching tho.

Danish

Referee
I for one will be sweet with those blokes never stepping foot inside a Kiwis camp. Truthfully I don't care that they went with Tonga, but the gutless last second text message approach isn't acceptable.

Not the best, sure.

But when you consider how much they all gave up do do it in terms of cash, clearly their heart is in the right place playing where they are so it’s still the right outcome even if the execution was lacking

Shorty

Staff member
Wow!
We have some damn good match ups coming up.
Fiji and Tonga look lethal af.

So proud of Lolo (don't give a crap about how he let the Kiwis know, Kidwell was wanker to him anyhow).
I actually would prefer Aus got beat by NZ and for the final to be rematch.

Raiderdave

First Grade
NZ lost their way midway through the 2nd half, and Tonga threw caution to the wind and looked much better for it.

Tongan forwards were great all game, as you'd expect, but Tongan backs and halves were much better 2nd half.

NZ weren't bad, the game was close, and NZ were better for much of it, but really paid for a few poor plays and a bad 10 minutes. Tonga would beat most teams on that effort, and showing that willingness to throw it around, if the passes stick. Assuming we get a Tonga v England semi, that could be a cracker as well.

lost their way ?
they led 16 to 2

a good side doesn't lose from there

Rory

Juniors
well the RLIF didnt want an Australian v NZ, England v Tonga semi, but were gonna get it. As much as i dislike pacific teams winning everything, this is a day to celebrate. Well done Tonga, truly deserved! No more tier 2 bull crap! More players will now change in the future.

Life's Good

Coach
Still early days for Tigers fans but Loloheia looked composed in that game. No doubt Tonga’s forwards just ripped in but he help guide them around.
Good signs if he carries that forward.

Iafeta

Referee
Not the best, sure.

But when you consider how much they all gave up do do it in terms of cash, clearly their heart is in the right place playing where they are so it’s still the right outcome even if the execution was lacking

No doubt. I fully agree with you on forgoing financial rewards. From that respect it is brave. But man up and talk to the coach firstly, and secondly don't leave it until the team is being named to announce it.

This isn't just a Taumalolo thing either. There were a number of them.

Iafeta

Referee
I will on Taumalolo. As far as the Kiwis go, for me personally he's done. So are the other defectors. But that's my opinion and I appreciate others have a different opinion.

Kidwell, no question. He's not up to it.

t-ba

Post Whore
The cup and the game in general needed this.

Now if only we could build on this shit.