What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Semi Final, Fri - Broncos 13-6 Panthers @ Suncorp

Finals Week 2: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surely

Post Whore
This does seem a slightly different reaction to the losing fans in Manly and the shire last week. And there were plenty of 50/50 calls go the way of the News Ltd Donkeys. Go figure.

Not to derail the thread but it's not the 50/50's that give people the shits

mave

Coach
This does seem a slightly different reaction to the losing fans in Manly and the shire last week. And there were plenty of 50/50 calls go the way of the News Ltd Donkeys. Go figure.

Agreed...Penrith had a few bunker calls controversially go against them.

Excellent comparison btw.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Cleary is lucky he's the Golden Boy because he's the leader of the worst 'red zone' attack in the comp but esacpes without any scrutiny.

A very good young player but I've yet to see if he can ball play.

That'll determine if he becomes a great player.
Look what rabble was playing around him. But sure expect a 19 year old to win the game singlehandedly with Carttard as his halves partner.

Shame Manly didn't play the Broncos.

They would have thrown more at them.

Another failure of a year for Penrith.

Gould get the 10 year plan out....

Spot On

Coach
Haven' t read the thread but the Panther's forwards were shit as per usual. Big decisions to be made re Cartwright, Merrin and Tamou. You can't carry blokes who play like they did tonight.

Grapple

Bench
After Penrith's try I would've pulled Cartwright off for Katoa and put Wallace at 6. Katoa up the middle of the ruck on the back of the tired Broncos was their only chance. Missed a chance I think.

Tweed Titan

Bench
After Penrith's try I would've pulled Cartwright off for Katoa and put Wallace at 6. Katoa up the middle of the ruck on the back of the tired Broncos was their only chance. Missed a chance I think.
You could have put anyone at 6 and they'd have done a better job than Cartmong.

pantherz9103

First Grade

Yeah they got some calls but I've been following the comp since 1988 and I know how the game rolls... It sucks being knocked out by the Donkeys but we weren't good enough and haven't been all year against the best teams. I just hope the Donkeys don't win the comp that's all.

Surely

Post Whore
Yeah they got some calls but I've been following the comp since 1988 and I know how the game rolls... It sucks being knocked out by the Donkeys but we weren't good enough and haven't been all year against the best teams. I just hope the Donkeys don't win the comp that's all.

Not much chance of that

pantherz9103

First Grade
What you saw from Penrith tonight has been how they've gone all year in the attacking 20m.

I suspect much of it has to do with Griffin. It has to be.

Your obsession with Penrith is slightly strange. They've done well to make 3 finals series in 4 years. That is good for them because their average historical finish is about 10th. The current team has some good individual talent and depth but still a little too young with too many players who make significant errors and lack game sense and the coach is mediocre. A top 6 finish is about right.

Tweed Titan

Bench
What you saw from Penrith tonight has been how they've gone all year in the attacking 20m.

I suspect much of it has to do with Griffin. It has to be.
Well Griffin did insist on playing Moylan at fullback and Cartwright at 5/8 for three quarters of the year so I'd say it's pretty obvious Griffin is significantly to blame.

They looked a ton better with Edwards at fullback and Moylan at 5/8 and Carty playing park footy.

Barkley

Bench
Forever in MJ's shadow, Charles.

Lol....better call the burns unit

orz2CPUH1mASOkgDq22iLQB2ge9JBWC1SuP9IU6_7-vr7uUUvn-ItONXgm6_E8YMBRQYjzUThsxIlian=w322-h242-nc