What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

Nerd

Bench
Great first half then we just got out enthused by the Storm in the second half. Ben Cummins having an absolute howler didn't help. Melbourne are hard enough to beat without that arseclown derping it up. Cummins giving those two decisions right at the end is just embarrassing for the game and looked to be nothing more than him trying to square up a lopsided penalty count.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
I'm not a #refsfault operator but there was a string of really bad calls against us there starting with Boyd getting pushed into touch.

Melbourne too good for us as usual.

renouf

Juniors
Game changed once Melbourne started getting their bullshit penalties, every time we play them it's basically the same format. For some reason the players go into their shell once that happens.

League guru

Juniors
Game changed once Melbourne started getting their bullshit penalties, every time we play them it's basically the same format. For some reason the players go into their shell once that happens.
Maybe you should have a look at the ill disciplined cheap shots from McGuire and Pangai. That's where most of your so called bullshit penalties come from.

Nerd

Bench
Maybe you should have a look at the ill disciplined cheap shots from McGuire and Pangai. That's where most of your so called bullshit penalties come from.
There was a lack of discipline by the two mentioned players but there was also a few inconsistent calls from Cummins. How about Cam Smith does a great kick pinning Darius Boyd into the corner where Boyd gets the ball to the ground and is then pushed back over the try line. Should be a penalty but hey you cant win em all so Brisbane are forced to drop out. Then the same things happens to Vunivalu where he grounds the ball but is then pushed back over the try line but instead of a dropout Melbourne are awarded a penalty.

To be honest the Storm blew us away in the second half and I don't know that Cummins errors would have made any difference but it's not right to say that all the penalties were from lack of discipline. That's just you with your Bronco hating glasses on.

A penalty count of 12-5 at the 79 minute mark to the Storm is just not right and if the Broncos players were so undisciplined Cummins should have sent someone to the sin bin which he didn't. There's constant whining on these forums about how Sutton looks after the Broncos well guess what, that is balanced out by any game involving Ben Cummins who seems to have a knack of making sure the majority of 50/50 calls do not fall the Broncos way.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
At the start of the season Melbourne must circle the games against the Broncos and chalk them up as automatic wins.

They just have the Broncos worked out.

League guru

Juniors
There was a lack of discipline by the two mentioned players but there was also a few inconsistent calls from Cummins. How about Cam Smith does a great kick pinning Darius Boyd into the corner where Boyd gets the ball to the ground and is then pushed back over the try line. Should be a penalty but hey you cant win em all so Brisbane are forced to drop out. Then the same things happens to Vunivalu where he grounds the ball but is then pushed back over the try line but instead of a dropout Melbourne are awarded a penalty.

To be honest the Storm blew us away in the second half and I don't know that Cummins errors would have made any difference but it's not right to say that all the penalties were from lack of discipline. That's just you with your Bronco hating glasses on.

A penalty count of 12-5 at the 79 minute mark to the Storm is just not right and if the Broncos players were so undisciplined Cummins should have sent someone to the sin bin which he didn't. There's constant whining on these forums about how Sutton looks after the Broncos well guess what, that is balanced out by any game involving Ben Cummins who seems to have a knack of making sure the majority of 50/50 calls do not fall the Broncos way.
I'm not a Bronco hater, quiet the opposite actually. I am no a fan of Cummins either. But the simple facts are that you got blown away, considering the number of mistakes Melbourne made.

Broncoandy

Juniors
The broncos have to continually beat the refs every game, it’s diabolical that the refs blatantly make us lose.

Nerd

Bench
Broncos have a 62% win record under Cummins, 5% more than overall.
Interesting because it doesn't appear that way especially lately. Would you mind directing me to where you found that information as I would like to compare the win record under Cummins when he first came into refereeing first grade compared to the last 3-4 years.

Nerd

Bench
Lucky to get away with that one. Thankfully the Sharks were having an off night with their handling or we would have been done again in the second half. Some dud calls went both ways from the refs but what stood out for me was how the Sharks were not penalised more for leaving early in defence. In one set McCullouch passed the ball from the ground to a runner who was tackled by the Sharks defence before he even made the advantage line. Either the Sharks forwards can run standing start 7 second 100 m times or they left early... From what I saw tonight Ofahengaue needs to see more game time and Alex Glenn needs to see less. Thought McCullouch had a very ordinary game tonight. He ran from dummy half a few times when he shouldn't have and when he needed to run he didn't. Saw Lodge do a great bone rattler on Fifita near the end of the game. Thought we started to fall apart again in the second half but a win is a win.

Broncoandy

Juniors
We were nearly robbed blind with what can only be described as blatant disregard of the rules of Rugby League.