2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos' started by Nerd, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

Milford would be kicking himself for that kick on the 3rd tackle. Hopefully he has learnt something from it. Thought that was Ofahengaues best game of the year. Pangai belted Mat Scott every time he tackled him and some how we have to keep him on the field as we are a different team when he's on.
    If Bennett wasn't coach would Boyd still even be in the team? His first half was a shocker, twice he was badly caught out of position for Cowboys tries then loses the ball returning it for another try. I'm hoping if Wayne goes Boyd follows him.

Lebbo73 likes this.
  2. League guru

League guru Juniors

When Scott and McLean were on the field, the Cowboys were all over the Broncos. TPJ did however give away a string of penalties that got the Cows on a roll. He needs to stop trying to be the tough guy and let his footie do the talking. He is prone to brain explosions.

GoTheBroncs likes this.
  3. Jimmy Clark

Jimmy Clark Juniors

Another embarrassing loss to a bottom feeder. Donkeys are gone for the year.

4. hellteam

hellteam First Grade

I feel like the more bad performances we put together, the closer we are to a good one. That's how inconsistent we are. Cannot take anything from the game before at all.

Hopefully the good game comes in wk 1 of the finals (if we get there)

5. Jimmy Clark

Jimmy Clark Juniors

You wonโ€™t make it. Give up all hope now.

6. renouf

renouf Juniors

That's overly positive, they need to be playing better at this time of the year to be any chance. The way they folded in the 2nd half was like playing against Melbourne, it looked so easy for the cowboys, the penalties etc.

7. GoTheBroncs

GoTheBroncs Moderator Staff Member

Yep I'm pretty sure it as TPJ who gave away a penalty on the last when we were 30-18 up. That was crucial and go the Cowboys on a roll. Great player but still some things to work on.

So why was Boyd moved back to full back again??

8. renouf

renouf Juniors

Sounds like the coach is finishing up, not sure who else the club thinks is going to do a better job..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    41yearsaint likes this.
  9. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

I agree. If they do decide to pull the trigger on Bennett my preference is for Kevvie Walters.

Bronco18 likes this.
  10. renouf

renouf Juniors

Definitely the best game of the year. Thought they did well to hang on there once Souths got going

Nerd likes this.
  11. Bronco18

Bronco18 Juniors

I hate this team.

12. DeeJ

DeeJ Bench

It was good to see they finally played for the full 80 last night. I know the Roosters were predictable and limp in attack, but the defense was great, especially the scrambling efforts.

Milford's kicking game is outstanding now. It's a shame he doesn't run the ball like he used to, but he has stepped up and filled a hole the team desperately needed. Pangai Jr was a stand out as usual and has brought back his offload. Fifita is a young beast. Even Darius is picking up some slack. He probably knows if Bennett is gone he won't be on the field.

13. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

Oh well that's if for another year. The only positives that I could glean from that smash up by the Dragons is that the young forwards will be better off having experienced a finals game and that Korbin Sims will no longer be a Bronco. With Sims and Thaiday gone surely we can afford to keep TPJ.

Hutty1986 and gregstar like this.
  14. gUt

gUt Coach

forwards will be fine next year, outside backs will be up there too. It's the spine that worries me. Milford gets a pass and Boyd has more good games than bad ones, McCullough I can handle but kodi, man I dunno. We just need an organiser with a cool head and a kicking game... someone like Hodkinson would be good

15. gitano

gitano Juniors

Yesssss!!!

Night night Bronco's! Looked rudderless without Suncorp Sutton getting you around the park

MILEY CYRUS likes this.
  16. gregstar

gregstar Coach

i agree with that.

creeping has copped plenty & yet he alone is responsible for assembling a very very young forward pack who are going to be a handful for any opposition. after round 1 the team was written off completely & yet they have rolled some of the comp leaders twice this year. that is a tribute to the youngsters and the coach.
    considering the injuries, the club did well to make the 8. the fact that they were favorites also is a contrast to the early season criticism.

as andrew johns said - put a world class half behind that pack & they would be an awesome team.
    it might take another season or two, but i'd suggest your mob is heading upwards.

the flak creeping has copped is unwarranted in my opinion.

i'd happily have him over jowls any day of the week.

btw, suck sh*t for yesterday.

17. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

Just keep believing that nonsense mate.

18. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

Who is jowls?

On the halves my wish would be for Milford to go back to fullback, Boyd is moved on or replaces Kahu in the centres and Kahu is moved on, Nikorima goes to 5/8 and we buy or promote an organising half.

Thanks for the negative comment at the end I now feel a lot better....

19. gregstar

gregstar Coach

[​IMG]

20. gitano

gitano Juniors

Move em about all you like. Season over. Enjoy that feeling for moment or longer.