What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Teddyboy

First Grade
How to hit 20k average for the season:
  • add a second Brisbane team which will easily average min 20k
  • once Sydney stadia are built, schedule so that there is a Sydney 'match of the round' on Friday night and a 'family Sunday' match both averaging 25k - 30k.
  • Negotiate Thursday night out of the TV deal and add an additional Sunday game
  • Play annual double headers at Suncorp, Melbourne, Auckland and Perth to boost numbers attending
  • Play traditional poorly attended fixtures in regional centres that can hold min 12k and sell it out - essentially exchanging a sub 10k crowd in Sydney for a 12k crowd and goodwill in the country
Love it

Stallion

First Grade
Piss off idiot
You're nothing but a troll
All your info is bullshit
I have a friend who says

I heard this
Blah blah

You don't deal in facts .
Just crap

They are facts! People like you are dismissing such facts at the the code's peril. Astonishing!

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I amended the text . I note you don't believe the information, be it anecdotal from someone on the ground in schools and with the ability to see various schools in the Newcastle inner city areas? Trust me I don't disclose/convey this information with a scare mongering intent. It's purely a reflection of what is happening in the primary schools of inner city and coastal Newcastle. If I don't state this then what happens? Absolutely no knowledge of the neglect and reduction of rugby league in this areas youth. Having a class of 30 year 3/4 students refer to football as being AFL in a coastal Newcastle school is not good news or a good sign for rugby league going forward .

Mate, the reason we don't believe the stuff you spout is because last week you said that rugby league is not played in a single school in Narrabeen. I spent 30 seconds on Google and found two schools that play rugby league in Narrabeen, they were the first two I checked and didn't continue to check for more. So when you scream armageddon for RL in Newcastle and Sydney you are laughed off because you don't deal in facts.

We all love the game and it is bigger than it has ever been in Australian and globally - enjoy it!

Stallion

First Grade
Mate, the reason we don't believe the stuff you spout is because last week you said that rugby league is not played in a single school in Narrabeen. I spent 30 seconds on Google and found two schools that play rugby league in Narrabeen, they were the first two I checked and didn't continue to check for more. So when you scream armageddon for RL in Newcastle and Sydney you are laughed off because you don't deal in facts.

We all love the game and it is bigger than it has ever been in Australian and globally - enjoy it!

I responged to this in a decent way. And yes the guy who told me this got it wrong. However it's not as if rugby-league is oozing out of most schools and the underlying issues that hasn't been picked up is that union has much more presence yet we think that their is nothing wrong with nowhere near the amount of presence for rugbyleague? I find this attitude or lack of totally reckless and apathetic.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I responged to this in a decent way. And yes the guy who told me this got it wrong. However it's not as if rugby-league is oozing out of most schools and the underlying issues that hasn't been picked up is that union has much more presence yet we think that their is nothing wrong with nowhere near the amount of presence for rugbyleague? I find this attitude or lack of totally reckless and apathetic.

Union's heartland in Australia is also Sydney - it's not like they are not going to exist

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That doesn't equate to just giving union an area and basically abandoning the kids that want to play/try rugby league. Surely this is not the way to think! ?

We haven't abandoned the area - North Sydney play in NSW Cup and Manly play in the NRL. No other code have professional teams in Northern Sydney. Plus RL is played in just as many schools, if not more than RU and AFL.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Not sure if PAX is a decent indicator of crowd buildup, but bought tix this morning and was @PAX 12,730 for STH Vs STG. Not tracking to well if we were aiming @25K min...

taipan

Referee
Not sure if PAX is a decent indicator of crowd buildup, but bought tix this morning and was @PAX 12,730 for STH Vs STG. Not tracking to well if we were aiming @25K min...

Geez I would have hoped for over 20,000 by this stage.
A team like the Dragons running 1st and popular support ,and the on a roll Souths with a decent fan base.
Still Sunday three days away ,I'm starting to get negative thoughts.PR must be putting something in my coffee.

Raiderdave

First Grade

I dunno
4 days to kick off
Pax could be 20K by then, with walk ups it might be 25K plus

That's underwhelming tho I have to say