What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

barneybuck888

Juniors
It was pissing with rain all day in Adelaide and they still got 27.000 so by any measure the 8000 at ANZ was a disgrace thursday or not.

franklin2323

Immortal
50-60K members and 8K show up, just awful.

The perfect game for a suburban ground? They have arguably the 2 biggest fan bases in Sydney and Souths are one of the favourites for the comp.

We should expect more from our big Sydney teams.

It is atleast 30 mins to Parra from Homebush. That would be home 10.30 pm or so on week night to watch your team play like garbage. Or you stay home and watch it on TV. Thurs night footy is great for TV bad for crowds

lockyno1

Post Whore
Another wonderful ANZ crowd. These games don’t need to be played there. Can’t wait till Parra stadium is available

Yes, a single photo in which you can't see nearly half the stadium is a good way to assure us of that fact.
I’m not sure I tried to assure you of anything. It’s merely my opinion Timothy.

What is clear Timothy is the areas that are commonly populated when there is a good crowd are visible and they are more empty than normal.

So it’s safe to assume the areas that are not usually heavily populated are in fact not heavily populated.

IMO factoring in the above there is not 8K in that stadium.

Additionally I bothered to zoom in to the western side 4 bays that are visible at the bottom of the screen. A very rough count where if I was in doubt I counted someone again got me to about 400 people.

Only 7600 people left in other areas. That’s unlikely given the opposite side looks only slightly more popular. But yeah sure 8K

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Additionally I bothered to zoom in to the western side 4 bays that are visible at the bottom of the screen. A very rough count where if I was in doubt I counted someone again got me to about 400 people.

Only 7600 people left in other areas. That’s unlikely given the opposite side looks only slightly more popular. But yeah sure 8K
Having attended enough games at ANZ I can assure you there were plenty more in areas outside the photo.

I have no problem with there being 8000 there. It's a crap crowd, no two ways about it, but I don't think there's reason to doubt it and I'm not sure why it even matters anyway. The fact there's only 8000 there to me is a bigger concern than whether you think the figure is accurate or not.

Having attended enough games at ANZ I can assure you there were plenty more in areas outside the photo.

I have no problem with there being 8000 there. It's a crap crowd, no two ways about it, but I don't think there's reason to doubt it and I'm not sure why it even matters anyway. The fact there's only 8000 there to me is a bigger concern than whether you think the figure is accurate or not.
Obviously.

carcharias

Immortal
Looked like about 700 in those pics.

Dunno how they got 8000.
Maybe everyone was waiting for the photographer to put his camera away before they sat down.

Billythekid

First Grade
How many people actually bought a ticket last night do you think? I mean excluding members. Why do we even charge for tickets on a Thursday night?

Might as well make the whole stadium GA make tickets 5 dollars (or even free) and let members of any team in for free.

This game is literally just for TV money and no one is buying tickets anyway so might as well open the gates.

Another wonderful ANZ crowd. These games don’t need to be played there. Can’t wait till Parra stadium is available

Which games? This is the 2 biggest teams in Sydney playing. If this game isn't suited to a big stadium what is?

I agree that Parra will draw much better crowds at their own home ground in a much better stadium but let's not pretend this is a match between 2 small teams.

This is like Richmond vs Collingwood. Pretty sure you could play that game 1am Christmas morning and still easily get 8000K people.

It's an embarrassing look for the game no matter the excuses.

MilkShark

First Grade
Not really expecting much more at tonight's game either. Another game ruined by having it at a huge stadium.

yobbo84

First Grade
I was there last night (shoved up on Level 4 East with the other Souths members) and it was without doubt the worst atmosphere of any game I've been to. At times it was almost silent.

I also got home at 11:15pm on a work night, so I don't blame people for not going to Homebush on a Thursday, no matter what team they follow.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Home team only.

They don’t give the away team 50% of the gate takings do they?

hahahahaha
talk about gearing an argument
both teams are from the same city & should be included because they are potential attendees , plus theres Wollongong & the south coast for the Dragons too so another 300K plus , but the distance to Sydney should be factored in