What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

ReddFelon

Juniors
I dont understand why people get so pissy about ticket pricing for Origin or the GF. These are the biggest events in the country, do you expect to give them away cheap?

Its not like they are actually overpriced either. The stadiums fill up every year for every game, it seems like they have the prices perfect.

Its not like fans are excluded if they dont pay; its still available on TV for free for everyone who cant afford it.

GF prices are significantly better than the fumble ball. I can get "ultimate experience" for $650 each. Quick look at the aerial ping pong, they're wanting over a grand each for basic packages. RL for all the shit it gets is still more in tune with working class costs.

carcharias

Immortal
GF prices are significantly better than the fumble ball. I can get "ultimate experience" for $650 each. Quick look at the aerial ping pong, they're wanting over a grand each for basic packages. RL for all the shit it gets is still more in tune with working class costs.

AFL goes for about 3 times longer with a concert after the GF

Stallion

First Grade

They can do that with an afternoon kick off! Kids of a very young age also get exposed to the AFL myth . The earlier timeslot is crucial for recognition and familiarity by the youngsters into the future. This is what the AFL are gaining by staging a daytime grandfinal. It should be noted the AFL daytime grandfinal achieved higher TV ratings than the NRL night-time grandfinal last season.

ReddFelon

Juniors
You still shouldn't be pricing your core membership audience out of the market by demanding they purchase tickets via a package or hope for a ballot paper to win you the ticket you actually want.

For all the media rundown of the NRL grand final having to wait on the sell outs, at least half of ANZ isn't being reserved for Trustees who don't even care who's playing.

taipan

Referee
Only time Ive been to GC (bit of a dump tbh, reminded me of Benidorm in Spain) I had an egg thrown at me from a balcony. Weird place.

I had a hot ,uneaten pie thrown at me at the old SCG for a G/F.Because I stood up on the hill to stretch.If I'd caught the thing would have eaten it.
In my single days the GC was raw,unfiltered and a whole lot of fun.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Beattie was spruiking on twitter that the ticket policy in QLD worked due to the 51.2k crowd.

Sigh.

Its hard to argue it didnt. Made a mint for the NRL to reinvest in the game and was 95% full. win win. Feel for fans who cant afford $200 for a ticket but thats life these days.

Stallion

First Grade
Its hard to argue it didnt. Made a mint for the NRL to reinvest in the game and was 95% full. win win. Feel for fans who cant afford $200 for a ticket but thats life these days.

I'd suggest there were some giveaways or well reduced ticket prices on the day of the game?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I suggest that no children were allowed to attend as I have not seen any evidence from Brisbane fans that children were allowed to attend. My suggestion is also fair ;)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not yet. Maybe some Brisbane fans might enlighten the thread? Do you have evidence that giveaways or reduced ticket prices did not happen? So my suggestion may be fair!

Generally if you’re going to lay claim to something it’s goood to have evidence to back it up! Ive noticed this is a failing of yours on most topics.