What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
...and the answer is TV
Too much live tv
Why put yourself through the pain of getting to joints that take hours to get to when you can watch it at home or the pub?
Tix $10 cheaper are not going to sway too many more people.

Mister M

Juniors
Figures that even when you post something that appears like it could actually be true a quick search just proves that all you do is spout utter rubbish.

Storm vs Broncos - Cat 1 $65, family of four $160. General admission $27, family of 4 $61

Swans vs Dockers - Cat 1 $80, family of four $172. General admission $33, family of 4 $69

Rabbitohs vs Dragons - Diamond reserve (Cat 1 equiv/most expensive available) $65, no family option. General admission $20, family of 4 $40 (can also get adult +4 junior tickets for $20)

Carlton vs Essendon - Best tickets sold out so can't see the price but next tier is $85 with family of 4 $170. General admission $25, family of 4 $50

If you read my post I have posted the Souths v Saints ticket prices accurately. But don't let this get in the way of your detail. Pretty sure the AFL give free entry to kids and the union charged $15 for entry at Suncorp last week. THAT'S WHAT I've informed? Those ticket prices have occurred. But well done on your deceptive stance. It does do a great decoy on the ticket offers I've mentioned. Which are very relevant in trying to gain bigger crowds. Or are you going to deny there is no free entry for kids to AFL games and the $15 entry to the union did not occur?!

Sorry Stallion, but you are uninformed in regards to the AFL Free tickets for kids. The AFL has had a promotion called 'Sunday Funday' since 2015 where Kids get a free General Admission ticket when accompanied by an adult for Sunday games. The AFL has acknowledged that Sunday crowds were typically their lower attendances/non-blockbuster games so have a weekly promotion that encourages children and families to attend. The only exceptions to this promotion is where games are fully ticketed (only Fully ticketed AFL Sunday game this year was down in Geelong a few weeks back) and GWS Home games. This promotion exists at all GWS home games to assist a developing market expand.

The two AFL games that Jizmo's referred to are both Saturday games so aren't eligible for 'Free Kids' tickets. If you are going to critique people's analysis of ticket prices or crowd figures, I suggest you actually understand what you are talking about.

Sorry Stallion, but you are uninformed in regards to the AFL Free tickets for kids. The AFL has had a promotion called 'Sunday Funday' since 2015 where Kids get a free General Admission ticket when accompanied by an adult for Sunday games. The AFL has acknowledged that Sunday crowds were typically their lower attendances/non-blockbuster games so have a weekly promotion that encourages children and families to attend. The only exceptions to this promotion is where games are fully ticketed (only Fully ticketed AFL Sunday game this year was down in Geelong a few weeks back) and GWS Home games. This promotion exists at all GWS home games to assist a developing market expand.

The two AFL games that Jizmo's referred to are both Saturday games so aren't eligible for 'Free Kids' tickets. If you are going to critique people's analysis of ticket prices or crowd figures, I suggest you actually understand what you are talking about.
Don’t be surprised but he will argue the point anyway

What will Raiders Vs Cronulla pull?

What would have been crowd for an equivalent fixture in Cronulla?

What variables need to be considered over the next 9 rounds to explain the discrepancy in crowds between Cronulla and Canberra?

Is 4c in Canberra equivalent to rain in Cronulla?

Do umbrellas take up more space than beanies therefore having a greater bearing on the crowd?

Should we expect a 110% spike in Canberra's crowds this season due to the fact that Kmart now stocks a $3 fleece beanie?

It's gunna be a fun time in Crowd Watch 2018 when these 2 goliaths come together.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
What will Raiders Vs Cronulla pull?

What would have been crowd for an equivalent fixture in Cronulla?

What variables need to be considered over the next 9 rounds to explain the discrepancy in crowds between Cronulla and Canberra?

Is 4c in Canberra equivalent to rain in Cronulla?

Do umbrellas take up more space than beanies therefore having a greater bearing on the crowd?

Should be expect a 110% spike in Canberra's crowds this season due to the fact that Kmart now stocks a $3 fleece beanie?

It's gunna be a fun time in Crowd Watch 2018 when these 2 goliaths come together.

I’m predicting this weekends shit crowd in Canberra will be blamed on the Sharks fans.

...and there will be suggestions like if the game was in Cronulla between Canberra and parra it would’ve got double the crowd...which is the sharks fans fault.

Jizmos

Juniors
If you read my post I have posted the Souths v Saints ticket prices accurately. But don't let this get in the way of your detail. Pretty sure the AFL give free entry to kids and the union charged $15 for entry at Suncorp last week. THAT'S WHAT I've informed? Those ticket prices have occurred. But well done on your deceptive stance. It does do a great decoy on the ticket offers I've mentioned. Which are very relevant in trying to gain bigger crowds. Or are you going to deny there is no free entry for kids to AFL games and the $15 entry to the union did not occur?!

If you read my post it actually shows that BOTH sports give free tickets to kids and our prices are roughly 25% cheaper as standard and you want us to devalue our great code even further!?

Those facts are just so damn deceptive!

taipan

Referee
It’s not like Newcastle has the massive traffic congestion of Sydney.
Nor do they have the distance etc to get to the joint.
Add to that the entire town are pretty much knights supporters.
That’s a population 50k short of half a million people.

Top spot by the way.
I’d love to live there.

Couldn't have stated that point of view better.

taipan

Referee
...and the answer is TV
Too much live tv
Why put yourself through the pain of getting to joints that take hours to get to when you can watch it at home or the pub?

If one is working in the city, no way you can get to Shark Park by 6,and even more so with family in tow.This despite living in the Shire.

taipan

Referee
perth & cumberland whinging.. raiderdave & stallion v everybody.. nothing's changed..

This crowd thread reminds me of Syria.More factions fighting each other, than you can find at a free booze up and BBQ in the park.
Just as well we only have a keyboard as weaponry, else we'd all be pushing up daisies by now.
I'm calling this thread now.Super league 2.

Raiderdave

First Grade
so round 10
all based on ok weather

Thurs Tigers V Cowboys at Leichardt , eh , shittiest KO time of the week & it will affect the crowd
Friday 6pm .. Newcastle V Penrith , the best drawers pound for pound in the comp atm
but it'll be their first sub 20K crowd of the year
Friday 7.50pm .. Bulldogs V Parramatta , would have drawn quite well if either side was going even remotely well , neither is so..
Saturday 3pm .. Warriors V Roosters , the kiwis are going well crowd wise & are winning so it should be an ok turnout
Saturday 5.30pm ... Storm V Titans .. should be the usual Storm faithful only for not an overly appealing match
Saturday 7.30 .. Manly V Brisbane .. yuck , & its at Brookvale too
Sunday 2pm ... Souths V Dragons , a mouth watering encounter & the match of the round easily , its mothers day so that may keep a few away
Sunday 4pm .. Raiders V Sharks , another enticing match in prospect , these 2 becoming mini rivals in recent years , mothers day may keep a few away

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
...and the answer is TV
Too much live tv

As is always the case the AFL makes these excuses look pathetic. The answer is too much live TV. Well the AFL also get every game live on TV, they even get an extra FTA game each week than the NRL. Yet somehow their crowds aren't affected. Why?

That's also taking into account the Titans playing games in the bush, rather than CBus.And the biggest supported club the Eels at the a*se end of the comp.
Fine weather is a factor no doubt, but we also had a heatwave weekend earlier on 40 degrees.The Cowboys lost a decent bit of support when further north they had torrential rain ,so many fans couldn't get to Townsville.
Manly's problems haven't helped, 5,000 plus to a game is bleeding awful.
So any increase is a at least a plus.
If we were down 5% ,we'd have real problems.

Still believe the 6pm Friday slot is crippling crowds, with the exception of Newcastle.

Form is a bullshit excuse. Every year some big supported team does badly. Last year the knights, one of our biggest supporter bases came last. You say Parra are doing bad this year but how did the biggest Sydney clubs do last year? The dragons, dogs, rabbits and tigers all missed the 8. You know 4 of the 5 biggest supporter bases in Sydney.

Sure we've had a few games impacted by hot weather and rain but nowhere near as much as last year. Most of last year all we heard about was the once in a century bad weather for Sydney that apparently crippled crowds, now we have the same posters pretending it hasn't been much worse this year. It's BS.

Oh but it's all the 6pm Friday and Thursday night games killing crowds. Then why do we get so many shot crowds in other timeslots (just look at yesterday's crowd). Why have crowds been stagnant for a decade since before those timeslots were introduced?

It's so frustrating seeing people defend mediocrity. I've been reading so many of these same nonsense excuses for the past 10 years.

greenBV4

Bench
Saturday 5.30pm ... Storm V Titans .. should be the usual Storm faithful only for not an overly appealing match
Saturday 7.30 .. Manly V Brisbane .. yuck , & its at Brookvale too

These 2 games are a Brisbane Double Header