What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Finals Scheduling

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Surely they won't do this double header final business again. Panthers V Warriors should be at ANZ while Roosters V Sharks at the SFS. If they make it another double header it will be farcical.

Timbo

Staff member
Sets an awful precedent if Penrith host.

Especially given when we ran second in 2016 we were told that no changes to policy would be made and that playoff venues were set in stone.

I firmly believe that Penrith should host, but it shouldn’t be one-off decisions when the NRL feels like it.

shiznit

Coach
The pig-headedness of this league. Penrith should be at Penrith Stadium. Home finals should be exactly that. Sydney clubs shouldn’t have to go miles out of their area or Canberra and Newcastle shouldn’t have to play in Sydney because someone at HQ watched an NFL playoff match once and went, ‘gee, 70,000 at a playoff, we should do that for our games’.
That makes me chuckle a bit... considering teams like the Cowboys and the Warriors have like double the travel per season that the Sydney clubs do per season.

I’m sure they will survive going an hour up the road.

It’s interesting discussion though...

Remembering it used to pretty much be all in Sydney from week 2 onward...

It doesn’t seem like that long ago when all this really started when the Cowboys vs Broncos game was moved up to Townsville all in that week.

I remember the Raiders vs Warriors play out an absolute epic out at the SFS too... infront over bugger all if memory serves me right... :joy::joy:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So playing a double header at Allianz on a Saturday, when the AFL is next door? And theres no game in Melbourne?

If this is how its going to be the NRL has completely lost it.

MilkShark

First Grade
Double header in Sydney on Saturday night confirmed.

Melb play Friday night.

Broncos on Sunday.

GongPanther

Referee
Latest markets

Bris $1.33 Dragons $3.40

Mel $1.75 Souths $2.10

Pen $1.70 Warr $2.20

Roosters $1.55 Cronulla $2.50.

axl rose

Bench
I remember the Raiders vs Warriors play out an absolute epic out at the SFS too... infront over bugger all if memory serves me right... :joy::joy:

Nah crowd wasn't to bad, their previous owner gave away a bunch of tickets to anyone with a kiwi passport/centrelink cue