What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Finals Scheduling

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Official. Panthers @ ANZ 5:30, Roosters @ Allianz 7:45

DmE9zigV4AADrAg.jpg:large

http://bit.ly/2018FinalsGuide

Jamberoo

Juniors
A double header seems desperate. Unfair on fans as good tickets become twice as hard to get. Is anyone really interested in watching two games over 4.5 hours? So you get 80k people in Moore Park Saturday night and 110k at AAMI/MCG Friday. Traffic, car parking an PT will be mayhem. AFL has been on sale for a week already no their crowds won’t be affected. Will knock 5k off the Storm crowd (e.g. we always drive in but that is not an option now), and won’t help @ SFS.
Clever. Real clever.

beave

Coach
Thank Christ for that. The Panthers V Warriors would be perfect for the new Parra stadium in future years, but we'll have to make do with ANZ for now. With the amount of Kiwis in western Sydney you'd expect around 20K for that.

Roosters V Sharks should get 25K alone. Would be incredibly stupid to make them double headers.

25k is too low for 2 sydney teams. Honestly should be aiming for 35k.

beave

Coach
A double header seems desperate. Unfair on fans as good tickets become twice as hard to get. Is anyone really interested in watching two games over 4.5 hours? So you get 80k people in Moore Park Saturday night and 110k at AAMI/MCG Friday. Traffic, car parking an PT will be mayhem. AFL has been on sale for a week already no their crowds won’t be affected. Will knock 5k off the Storm crowd (e.g. we always drive in but that is not an option now), and won’t help @ SFS.
Clever. Real clever.

DH is not happening.

Timbo

Staff member
That makes me chuckle a bit... considering teams like the Cowboys and the Warriors have like double the travel per season that the Sydney clubs do per season.

I’m sure they will survive going an hour up the road.

It’s interesting discussion though...

Remembering it used to pretty much be all in Sydney from week 2 onward...

It doesn’t seem like that long ago when all this really started when the Cowboys vs Broncos game was moved up to Townsville all in that week.

I remember the Raiders vs Warriors play out an absolute epic out at the SFS too... infront over bugger all if memory serves me right... :joy::joy:

Memory serves you wrong - Eric Watson bought 20,000 tickets and gave them away for free to Kiwi’s in Sydney. There were over 30,000 at that game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Now its confirmed it makes more sense Penrith at ANZ but still can't work out why the Storm game isnt a Saturday when theres no AFL game there?

M2D2

Bench
A double header would have ONLY worked if it was at ANZ.
Do we really think the roosters would give away home field advantage though?

The friday and panthers game should have been switched. Oh well. Means ill be watching them all from my couch.

Diesel

Coach
Melbourne up against the AFL when the game could’ve been played 24 hours later?!! There are some dumb merkins around at the NRL

Marlins

Juniors
I don’t think the storm will be affected that much. They’ll still get a Solid crowd and it’s a better Friday night TV game.

Panthers fanswill benefit from having it at ANZ over SFS and an afternoon match. Also Warriors fans over in NZ will have a better viewing Timeslot. Plus the woman’s Rooster vs Warriors game is the curtain raiser.

So overall the Nrl could have done a lot worse.