What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
One thing that makes me sad as a jersey nut is when the colour scheme of the game is a bit dull.

Navy vs grey/navy is a bit boring.

RockWheel

Bench
I'm sure Canterbury and St George probably played in a pre-95 GF.

Edit: quick Google search says it happened in 79 & 85
That's not really a clash is it? Both of these teams played a semi final wearing home jerseys back in 2015

kdalymc

Bench
Lol at red and blue vees clashing...

Stupid for people to whinge when both teams are dark blue.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How can anyone dispute that Cowboys home kit wouldn't be a jersey clash with Storm's home kit?

Zerô

Juniors
Storm defeated Sharks 32-24

Attachments

• MS17HJS11A--FB__2014186133.jpg
    MS17HJS11A--FB__2014186133.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 37

Nuke

Staff member
I don't think we'll ever see the old shoulder GF patch days again. Have a look at jerseys these days. The sleeves are SO much shorter than they were back in the day, and the sleeve sponsors are way bigger than they used to be too.

Basically, there is no room for an appropriate-sized patch there anymore. It has to be over the top of the NRL logo if we want to do away with the bland stitched on text they've done since 2014.

One thing that makes me sad as a jersey nut is when the colour scheme of the game is a bit dull.
Navy vs grey/navy is a bit boring.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Regular season games, while not brilliant, I have no problem with, but Grand Finals, the big stage that so many more people around the country (and indeed the world) watch than regular season NRL games, I feel look SO much better and appealing with bright colours (I know, I sound like a 5yr old right now wanting bright colours!). Newcastle-Parramatta 2001 was an example of this, as was Souths-Canterbury a few years ago, and even NthQld-Brisbane 2yrs ago.

King Ben

Juniors
I've placed my order..
kFcdAtI.jpg

thorson1987

Coach
It's just business sense.
Cows fans get their gear quick, the 2015 shirts sold out in minutes.

Exactly. Have it all prepared for full time. My dad got a black premiers shirt last night because the purple ones sold out by the time we got out there.

I remember in 06 I saw both the Storm and Broncos premiers shirts when I walked past a merchandise stall during the Jersey Flegg grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.