What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018: No More Big Three; meet The Big Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
replace Friend with Coops, and Albert was right

Teddy - SOO winner, Aus representative, Brad Fittler Medalist
Keary - Aus representative, Clive Churchill Medalist
Latrell - SOO winner, Aus representative, Will Chambers' fater
Cooper - played grand final with broken scapula and reached "legend status"

not a bad prediction Albert!

Teddy - Poor mans slater
Keary - souths cast off
Latrell - Inglis gonna be
Cooper - Storm made him what he is

The entrepreneurial genius Nick Politis has announced that in 2019 it will be definitely the Big Five:

James Tedesco
Latrell Mitchell
Joseph Manu
Luke Keary
Cooper Cronk

But he has starch
Plenty of starch in the defence of Latrell Mitchell and Joseph Manu. But those two can also break the line in attack and score brilliant tries. That is what makes them part of the greatest backline in the NRL. You add Daniel Tupou and either Brett Morris or Ryan Hall to the Big Five and you have one of the greatest backlines ever seen at a rugby league club.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The entrepreneurial genius Nick Politis has announced that in 2019 it will be definitely the Big Five:

James Tedesco
Latrell Mitchell
Joseph Manu
Luke Keary
Cooper Cronk
I love your line of thinking Albert but imo you have to add the NSW & Australian captain Boyd Cordner; the game's best prop Jared Waerea Hargreaves who is on a longer winning streak than Hulk Hogan in his prime; and the game's best young ball playing forward & defensive weapon Victor the Inflictor Radley.

These guys make up the Amazing Eight.

And perhaps by mid year we'll add Angus Crichton and be talking about the Mighty Fine Nine.

I love your line of thinking Albert but imo you have to add the NSW & Australian captain Boyd Cordner; the game's best prop Jared Waerea Hargreaves who is on a longer winning streak than Hulk Hogan in his prime; and the game's best young ball playing forward & defensive weapon Victor the Inflictor Radley.

These guys make up the Amazing Eight.

And perhaps by mid year we'll add Angus Crichton and be talking about the Mighty Fine Nine.

The Roosters have such a great roster that it is hard to put some players on a pedestal above others. But I believe that the Big Five are each match winners, even though they depend upon the sterllng, gritty performances of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Sio Siua Takeiaho, Jake Friend, and others. On the other hand I can foresee Victor "the Inflictor" Radley climbing up a notch in 2019 and maybe expanding the Big Five into a Sensational Six.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Roosters have such a great roster that it is hard to put some players on a pedestal above others. But I believe that the Big Five are each match winners, even though they depend upon the sterllng, gritty performances of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Sio Siua Takeiaho, Jake Friend, and others. On the other hand I can foresee Victor "the Inflictor" Radley climbing up a notch in 2019 and maybe expanding the Big Five into a Sensational Six.
And those six are not just incredible footballers, but also very handsome young men.

So you could call them 'the Scissor Me Six'.

75Wx.gif

Vic Mackey

Referee
Plenty of starch in the defence of Latrell Mitchell and Joseph Manu. But those two can also break the line in attack and score brilliant tries. That is what makes them part of the greatest backline in the NRL. You add Daniel Tupou and either Brett Morris or Ryan Hall to the Big Five and you have one of the greatest backlines ever seen at a rugby league club.

Joseph Manu single handedly won Tommy Makinson, a nsw Cup standard player, the golden boot award as his shit defence allowed him to score 78 tries against an otherwise world championship defeating Kiwi side.

Joseph Manu single handedly won Tommy Makinson, a nsw Cup standard player, the golden boot award as his shit defence allowed him to score 78 tries against an otherwise world championship defeating Kiwi side.

You are clueless. Tommy Makinson will be playing in the NRL within two years.

I wish to inform readers that apart from the Big Five backs, there are the Key Seven forwards:

Jared Warea-Hargreaves
Jake Friend
Sio Siua Takeiaho
Zane Tetevano
Boyd Cordner
Victor Radley
Isaac Liu

These seven are the most fearsome forwards in the NRL. They create the space for the Big 5 to shine.

The Big Five and the Key Seven are the reason why the Roosters will win back to back premierships in 2019.

Aaron Woods was ahead of his time when he alluded to the Tigers’ big 17 in 2014:

“Everyone talks about the four (Burgess) brothers, but we’ve got 17 here so we didn’t really care about them.”

Unfortunately the big 17 weren’t able to get the job done that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.