What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NRL TV Ratings

El Diablo

Post Whore
What’s you opinion on the significantly lower audience in Sydney for nrl? Are RL fans in Sydney only interested in watching their own club?
tenor.gif

You can see why Eeyore hates those TV ratings. :joy: Something to do with refuting his entire reason for existing and his pathetic broken record, pro AFL narrative. Shame.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yawn, stuck record

so, what’s you opinion on the significantly lower audience in Sydney for nrl? Are RL fans in Sydney only interested in watching their own club?.

T-Boon

Coach
so, what’s your opinion on the significantly lower audience in Sydney for nrl? Are RL fans in Sydney only interested in watching their own club?.

I think this is accurate. The problem is the game is now very boring to watch as a sport thanks to how the coaches want to play and if you are not invested in the spectacle because of years of support (i.e. your own team or state of origin) it is just painful.

mongoose

Coach
I think this is accurate. The problem is the game is now very boring to watch as a sport thanks to how the coaches want to play and if you are not invested in the spectacle because of years of support (i.e. your own team or state of origin) it is just painful.

but the ratings were up during the regular season so your theory is bunk, it's just the finals the AFL gets a huge and questionable boost that the NRL doesn't for some reason....

taipan

Referee
yawn, stuck record

so, what’s you opinion on the significantly lower audience in Sydney for nrl? Are RL fans in Sydney only interested in watching their own club?.

Just goes to show ,what rationalisation does .Remove teams, and you don't actually increase interest in the city which lost teams or merged.Despite population growth.Which proves removing teams whiteants your hearttland.And ATST has done little to grow participation there.
Of course there are some who have NFI and look at pins on maps.

taipan

Referee

Probably explains why the AFL are changing rules once again ,like they change underpants.they are finding their sport is getting ho hum.You'd have to agree ,especially a sport that applauds lack of co ordination.

taipan

Referee
I think the ratings were down just not as far as most other TV, so my theory is McNulty.

The ratings throughout the season for rugby league held up ,by comparison to the AFL.Only now the AFL is showing a decent spike.So perhaps the AFL season may not have been so exciting after all.
Hence the panic to change the rules for the zillionth time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just goes to show ,what rationalisation does .Remove teams, and you don't actually increase interest in the city which lost teams or merged.Despite population growth.Which proves removing teams whiteants your hearttland.And ATST has done little to grow participation there.
Of course there are some who have NFI and look at pins on maps.

you might be on to something! But then again if nine clubs arent enough to generate interest Im not sure eleven or twelve would be much different. Maybe the NRL needs a Sydney re engagement strategy? If Dave Smith was still in charge he'd have appointed a consultant to look into it by now.

El Diablo

Post Whore
you might be on to something! But then again if nine clubs arent enough to generate interest Im not sure eleven or twelve would be much different. Maybe the NRL needs a Sydney re engagement strategy? If Dave Smith was still in charge he'd have appointed a consultant to look into it by now.
tenor.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore