What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I doubt anyone really thinks Cordner is awful, there's just always been a faint whiff of Emperor's New Clothes about him.

He's been a bit of a "chosen one" since he started but I've never seen anything to suggest he's more than a good solid footballer. Nothing wrong with a good solid footballer, of course.

ek999

First Grade
i think the bench could be better maximised in regards to the period we were flat. freddy needs more minutes out of klemmer who has the tank for it.

I think he was expecting the Qld forwards to lift in the back end of the game and was saving Klemmer to counteract that

Or he simply forgot about him

no name

Referee
Bit of flack on going Maloney’s way, which most of it is deserved.

I feel he was given an attack oriented game plan and got his pants pulled down by Holmes.
The best thing about him was he stuck with the plan after.

Many other players would have gone into their shell after an intercept.

TheFrog

Coach
Bit of flack on going Maloney’s way, which most of it is deserved.

I feel he was given an attack oriented game plan and got his pants pulled down by Holmes.
The best thing about him was he stuck with the plan after.

Many other players would have gone into their shell after an intercept.
We had a two man overlap on that play. The lead runner wasn't expecting the ball but he could have kicked behind the defence. Easy in hindsight though. That was a 12 point turnaround right there. Jimmy more than atoned as the match went on.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Sheesh 53 missed tackles. That was painful making those peasants look good. Thought we missed Gillett most of all.

Cook is top shelf though, always got time for a player who carves out a career the hard way. Passes like a tennis serve.

So Queensland to strap on for game two and actually make some tackles. Bring it on!

GongPanther

Referee
waaaahhhh forward pass waaaaahhhhh

So over the past 10 or so years that Qld have dominated, they've never scored a suspect try that may have been from a forward pass, or an offside player or a small knock on from dummy half? Gimme a f**king break.

f**king salty merkins waaaaaahhhhhhhh
NRL 360 with Paul (turncoat) Kent will be interesting. Live from a salt mine.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Game was quite close really, if not for Chambers stinking it up and some very poor tactics by QLD in attack. James Roberts was practically dead the entire 2nd half, yet they didn’t run Inglis at him once. That’s unforgivable.

Teddy and Cook equal MoM I reckon, followed by huge efforts by Mitchell, Turbo, and the Fox. Our back 3 is set for the next 5+ series you’d have to think.

Cleary and Maloney basically unsighted all night, except for Maloney’s f**k ups obviously. The win papered over their ineffective play - although at least they were smart enough to feed Mitchell out wide, unlike Hunt and muenster starving Greggie all night.

Forwards battle was pretty lacklustre across the board. No reason to make changes there - although it wont happen I’d prefer they sub Cordner off when Crichton comes on and let him and frizel run wide. Frizel became invisible once he shifted to lock.
l
QLD should drop chambers, move Morgan to centre, and slot Ponga in at fullback (or slater if he is 100%).

Um what? Maloney was basically unsighted???? What more do you have to do to be sighted?

carcharias

Immortal
Sheesh 53 missed tackles. That was painful making those peasants look good. Thought we missed Gillett most of all.

Cook is top shelf though, always got time for a player who carves out a career the hard way. Passes like a tennis serve.

So Queensland to strap on for game two and actually make some tackles. Bring it on!

Wasn’t it the refs fault though?

betcats

Referee
Cordner haters - would you rather gal or Farah back as skippers?

Or kurt gidley off the bench?

Cordner is a good leader, better than the last 3 I will give him that. But he just isn't a good enough player that he gets picked even when he isn't in good form. Is it really hating the guy to say Sims should of been picked ahead of him?