What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
Cody and Reyno got to Port Adelaide for further kicking development: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/16...nd-starting-halves-to-afl-club-port-adelaide/

Rabbitohs pack a punch says champion boxer Opetaia: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/01/16/Rabbitohs-pack-a-punch-says-champion-boxer/

I like the idea of sending just Reyno and Cody for further kicking sessions with the AFL club, could give them sme tips that'll be very handy and after 2017, they do need to improve as the long kicking game was a let down last year. Let's hope it really improves.

ALX25

Bench
HM & SG Ball 2018
Rabbitohs HM

Aiden Hawa, Ali Zaman, Ame Cottrell, Braydon Jang, Carson Kaho, Christian Smirnotis, Davvy Moale, Dion Teaupa, Dranza Hawe-De-Thierry, Evan Manning, Izayah Tuigamala, Jayden McLachlan, Jonathan Chan Kum Tong, Joseph Suaalii, Keidan Donovan-Phillips, Krystian Mapapalangi, Livai Tikoipau, Michael Gerolimos, Ned Hicks, Ratu Isireli Tuvana Vesikula, Terrell Kalo Kalo, Zach Kambos, Zach Maling

Rabbitohs SG Ball
Aidan Manowski, Akositaine Matakaiongo, Ben Handley, Berat Kaya, Cameron Akauola, Dalton Armstrong, Darcy Shum-Cottrell, Ethan Saisoaa, John Dodds, Joseph Ngere, Kaylib Savage, Kobe Rodger, Ky Bouris, Lachlan Gale, Logan Aldridge, Maikeli Manumanunitoga, Maila Chan-Foon, Manaaki Sassine, Peter Mamouzelos, Quincy Kalo Kalo, Raine Dellow, Ratu Timoci Vesikula, Ronan King, Salesi Malu, Tevita Taumoepenu, Trevor-Joseph Sionetali

Source: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_...sID=17172&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60993304

Rabbits20

Immortal
Really? Is he that good?!
I did read somewhere he came back to pre season in a bad way after a few weeks off did Taukamo like overweight and not in shape at all.....

GI had words with him and told him it wasn't good enough and not to ruin his chance..... plus to keep focused etc.....

Sorry though bro can't remember where I read it......

The kid is a gun though they say....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I did read somewhere he came back to pre season in a bad way after a few weeks off did Taukamo like overweight and not in shape at all.....

GI had words with him and told him it wasn't good enough and not to ruin his chance..... plus to keep focused etc.....

Yes you’re spot on R20. He was part of the fat club and GI pulled him over and told him about how precious the opportunity he had was.

He has always had problems with his work ethic but the amount of talent he has is unbelievable. If he pulls through and puts in the hard yards at the bears this year we could see him in first grade as early as 2019 and cementing a spot by 2020.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/01/17/tyrone-taukamo/

How could you forget your "inside source" :joy:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Really? Is he that good?!
Lomu the second is an exaggeration, but he is very, very talented.

I saw him at a rugby carnival in 2015 playing wing/inside centre and monstering opposition front rowers.

Sharp on his feet, crazy upper body strength and reads the game well. Runs really good lines, rarely caught out of position at the back etc

He's a rare talent

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
AR is looking a lot fitter than previous seasons he doesn’t have that little gut anymore. Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table this year.

Conversely, I read on another forum that Sutton was struggling big time at the open training session. Hopefully it was just an off day for him.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I read on another forum that Sutton was struggling big time at the open training session. Hopefully it was just an off day for him.
In his defence, he's 33 and been on the decline physically for the last two years.

I doubt he'll be playing as big a part as in previous seasons anyway. There's a lot of competition for minutes amongst our second rowers. His biggest assets at this point are his experience and calmness under pressure

Rabbits20

Immortal
AR is looking a lot fitter than previous seasons he doesn’t have that little gut anymore. Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table this year.

Conversely, I read on another forum that Sutton was struggling big time at the open training session. Hopefully it was just an off day for him.
Thanks......

Shame we haven't had any info in here about the training session...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
In his defence, he's 33 and been on the decline physically for the last two years.

I doubt he'll be playing as big a part as in previous seasons anyway. There's a lot of competition for minutes amongst our second rowers. His biggest assets at this point are his experience and calmness under pressure

Yeah definitely. I’m hoping Seibold maximises his value by using him as an impact player. He ran some great lines off of Walker last year and I think he still has the potential to do that. Very dangerous close to the line.

callmack1

Staff member

Yea, Reyno is looking good, we need him to return to form so bad because when he plays well Souths play well.

In regards to Sutto, that's not great news but it's hardly surprising. He's declined physically in the last few seasons and he is getting older.

However, he still has plenty to offer imo in short stints off the bench. I thought his running game last year was still pretty strong and he could provide some great impact. His experience and calmness under pressure will be in valuable for our young side too.

I also really want him to get to 300 games and that'll be amazing. He's already a legend but that'd just be the icing on the cake for Sutto.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yea, Reyno is looking good, we need him to return to form so bad because when he plays well Souths play well.

In regards to Sutto, that's not great news but it's hardly surprising. He's declined physically in the last few seasons and he is getting older.

However, he still has plenty to offer imo in short stints off the bench. I thought his running game last year was still pretty strong and he could provide some great impact. His experience and calmness under pressure will be in valuable for our young side too.

I also really want him to get to 300 games and that'll be amazing. He's already a legend but that'd just be the icing on the cake for Sutto.
Reyno has to get back to giving us repeat sets and not kicking the ball dead on the last..... that is a killer is the seven tackle sets....

callmack1

Staff member
Reyno has to get back to giving us repeat sets and not kicking the ball dead on the last..... that is a killer is the seven tackle sets....
Correct. His long kicking game needs a lot of work too as the last few years he has not been his pin point accurate self. Let's hope these areas have been addressed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I like how Seibs says if anything happens to Cody or Reyno we have Doueihi there..... I think Cody and Tracey will go tbh and we shall keep Doueihi.....

No mention at all of Tracey..... that's as a player having not played for over 2 years and not having played NRL before should play reserve grade for the first half of the season imo.....