What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Trials

OldPanther

Coach
Huh? name calling?

"F**k wits" I don't really care because I swear as part of my normal speech but I thought we were pricks for not being sensitive. This place needs to pick what's acceptable and stop changing because there's two camps in here.

Still mostly want to know why people think that's acceptable. We risked our best players against a team of young blokes trying there best to prove they deserve promotion for the boys to not care. It makes no sense. Better off not play them and just have them work hard at training. To much risk for no reward in this game.

OldPanther

Coach
Not being ignored OP. I think that ppl think that you might be trying to dig up an argument that was a few days ago.And maybe they don't want to go there any more. Just saying.

Yes and no. Just saying the "pro Griffin" side are all for being considerate until it comes to those they disagree with.

Wasn'teven the important part of the comment. The bit about this game was.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I just think we risked more than we gained. Especially for a nothing trial. Meanwhile outside of this forum we are now the joke of the league.

If tonight was being paid for points, maybe. I think the cows got beaten quite well last weekend in a similar position to what happened with us tonight.

One thing I take out of tonight, (no actually 2). No peachey ever ever in the centre's again. No injuries.

OldPanther

Coach
If tonight was being paid for points, maybe. I think the cows got beaten quite well last weekend in a similar position to what happened with us tonight.

One thing I take out of tonight, (no actually 2). No peachey ever ever in the centre's again. No injuries.

This post pisses me off because I'm a big Peachey fan but he seems to be degrading. Don't know if it's the Gold Coast stuff but he's getting really bad. Poor defence and running sideways.

Abacus

Juniors
We risked our best players against a team of young blokes trying there best to prove they deserve promotion for the boys to not care. It makes no sense. Better off not play them and just have them work hard at training. To much risk for no reward in this game.
FWIW, I think we got caught out on Wednesday. We named a full strength team on Tuesday only to find out Bulldogs apparently couldn't give a shit about a full strength trial when they named their team on Wednesday.

From that point, the club may have thought that here was little to be gained from the trial other than no injuries.

Just a theory, I haven't seen any footage so not going to argue this is definitely what happened. It may be that we just as shit as MX has said (repeatedly :wink:)

OldPanther

Coach
FWIW, I think we got caught out on Wednesday. We named a full strength team on Tuesday only to find out Bulldogs apparently couldn't give a shit about a full strength trial when they named their team on Wednesday.

From that point, the club may have thought that here was little to be gained from the trial other than no injuries.

Just a theory, I haven't seen any footage so not going to argue this is definitely what happened. It may be that we just as shit as MX has said (repeatedly :wink:)

They just looked totally mentally switched off. Fine for a trial but strange when you name your full strength side in my opinion. Might as well either get them to run plays and defend well or leave them out and get them working hard at training ready for round 1.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

To me that looks to be running half pace. I could be wrong. I agree with your thoughts. There was no agression in any of the players. I think they were under instructions.

mxlegend99

Referee
Especially if we weren't taking this match as seriously as they wanted to.You are aware that you yourself is taking a trial match so seriosly to the point of popping a vein in your forehead.

Lighten the fook up..comp starts in a fortnight. That is when we'll really need you to shit yourself.
We get destroyed by a reserve grade side. After an off-season losing our best young juniors. Rumours the players are unhapy. Coach is on death row etc.

We name our strongest possible lineup. Bulldogs name their weakest and destroy us in every area of the game.

What did we gain from that? We risked our full strength lineup and gained nothing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They just looked totally mentally switched off. Fine for a trial but strange when you name your full strength side in my opinion. Might as well either get them to run plays and defend well or leave them out and get them working hard at training ready for round 1.

Why run the plays for coaches to video and pull apart. I don't think so.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hook is the best coach ever.being shit is a tactic.

Dont question our internationals bring shown up be reserve graders

Abacus

Juniors
Not sure what the processes or penalties are for mass changes to a named team, let alone the logistics of standing down the majority of FG and the impact that has on the lower grades.

I'm thinking by Wednesday it was already too late to change the squad.

Latest posts