What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019/20 Eels offseason discussion

Brisbane @ $17?
Lol, they are a long way from winning a Premiership. Manly also at $17 has a much better chance than them I reckon.

$17 = about a 5.5% chance of winning. Fair odds as far as I'm concerned. They're not going to lose any players they want to keep between now and start of 2020, and may well pick up a few.

Glenneel

Bench
Sportsbet

Grand Final Winner

Sydney Roosters (2020) $4.25
Melbourne Storm (2020) $5.00
Canberra Raiders (2020) $7.00
South Sydney Rabbitohs (2020) $10.00
Cronulla Sharks (2020) $13.00
Parramatta Eels (2020) $15.00
Brisbane Broncos (2020) $17.00
Manly Sea Eagles (2020) $17.00
Penrith Panthers (2020) $19.00
Newcastle Knights (2020) $21.00
New Zealand Warriors (2020) $26.00
North Queensland Cowboys (2020) $26.00
St George/Illa Dragons (2020) $26.00
Wests Tigers (2020) $26.00
Canterbury Bulldogs (2020) $34.00
Gold Coast Titans (2020) $67.00

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/rugby-league/nrl/2020-Grand-Final-Winner-4857401

TAB

Sydney Roosters $4.00
Melbourne $5.50
Canberra $7.50
South Sydney $10.00
Manly $13.00
Cronulla $15.00
Parramatta $15.00
Penrith $19.00
Brisbane $19.00
North Queensland $21.00
Newcastle $21.00
St George Illawarra $26.00
Wests Tigers $29.00
NZ Warriors $29.00
Bulldogs $34.00
Gold Coast $67.00

https://www.tab.com.au/sports/betting/Rugby League/competitions/NRL Futures
Roosters won't win comp next year! Who'll be their halfback, Kyle Flanagan? Unless improves greatly doesn't have the composure that Cronk has to win premierships. Cronk is the reason they won the last two now he is gone so is their premierships. Bookies hoping all the dumb mugs put their hard earned on them.

84 Baby

Referee
Roosters won't win comp next year! Who'll be their halfback, Kyle Flanagan? Unless improves greatly doesn't have the composure that Cronk has to win premierships. Cronk is the reason they won the last two now he is gone so is their premierships. Bookies hoping all the dumb mugs put their hard earned on them.
Keary will be their halfback and was at least as big a part of the last 2 grand finals as Cronk. Anyway they didnt win because who was in their 7. They won because their all around defence is second to none. Scum have better front on defence but Rorters ability to scramble and restrict teams without going overboard on wrestling is insane

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Keary will be their halfback and was at least as big a part of the last 2 grand finals as Cronk. Anyway they didnt win because who was in their 7. They won because their all around defence is second to none. Scum have better front on defence but Rorters ability to scramble and restrict teams without going overboard on wrestling is insane
Nailed it, their scramble defence is on another level. And no one Scramble’s like Uncle Nick.

84 Baby

Referee
Nailed it, their scramble defence is on another level. And no one Scramble’s like Uncle Nick.
They consistently put another defender in front of you. Much like how Uncle Nick throws another lazy $100k in the golf tournament prize pool

TheParraboy

Staff member

Sure their defence is good but so is Storms and Canberra's

Cronk will he a huge lose. His pin point kicking, his organisation and his general play of getting things right the first time around will be missed big time, Id go as far as say Storm win either last year or this year, or both if he was still down there

Hopefully Roosters sink a little time for new premiers to rise

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Keary has been their main man since last years GF, i'd argue Cronk had a fairly poor year by his standards and was lucky he was playing in such a star studded roster. I didn't notice him in the GF until he was binned.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Keary has been their main man since last years GF, i'd argue Cronk had a fairly poor year by his standards and was lucky he was playing in such a star studded roster. I didn't notice him in the GF until he was binned.

fair call mate

Hopefully Roosters dip next year all the same

84 Baby

Referee
Sure their defence is good but so is Storms and Canberra's

Cronk will he a huge lose. His pin point kicking, his organisation and his general play of getting things right the first time around will be missed big time, Id go as far as say Storm win either last year or this year, or both if he was still down there

Hopefully Roosters sink a little time for new premiers to rise
Scums and Canbras front on defence and wrestling are better. But (except wrestling) not that far ahead of Rorters, and the Rorters defend way way way better on transition and against breaks.

Cronk was a huge gain no doubt but his enduring impact is that Keary is now a better player so the loss for them going forward isn’t as bad.

That said I also hope they fall in a complete puddle of piss and fight Scum for spoon next year

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cronk will be their on field trainer next year, be like he never left.

there has been a bit of chat about changing the rules for trainers being on the field for most of the game after the incident in the GF

Alfie could be out of a job next year

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I seriously hope they ban them unless there's a stop in play or there's a player down.

thats what the talk has been about, straight on and straight off, Alfie is not a trainer he is there to call the plays and its about time they acknowledged this

lots of discussion in the NRL forum after the GF

Bandwagon

Staff member
there has been a bit of chat about changing the rules for trainers being on the field for most of the game after the incident in the GF

I really do hope they actually do something about this, annoys the f**k outta me watching Alfie call the plays.

lingard

Coach
Sportsbet

Grand Final Winner

Sydney Roosters (2020) $4.25
Melbourne Storm (2020) $5.00
Canberra Raiders (2020) $7.00
South Sydney Rabbitohs (2020) $10.00
Cronulla Sharks (2020) $13.00
Parramatta Eels (2020) $15.00
Brisbane Broncos (2020) $17.00
Manly Sea Eagles (2020) $17.00
Penrith Panthers (2020) $19.00
Newcastle Knights (2020) $21.00
New Zealand Warriors (2020) $26.00
North Queensland Cowboys (2020) $26.00
St George/Illa Dragons (2020) $26.00
Wests Tigers (2020) $26.00
Canterbury Bulldogs (2020) $34.00
Gold Coast Titans (2020) $67.00

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/rugby-league/nrl/2020-Grand-Final-Winner-4857401

TAB

Sydney Roosters $4.00
Melbourne $5.50
Canberra $7.50
South Sydney $10.00
Manly $13.00
Cronulla $15.00
Parramatta $15.00
Penrith $19.00
Brisbane $19.00
North Queensland $21.00
Newcastle $21.00
St George Illawarra $26.00
Wests Tigers $29.00
NZ Warriors $29.00
Bulldogs $34.00
Gold Coast $67.00

https://www.tab.com.au/sports/betting/Rugby League/competitions/NRL Futures

Bulldogs much better than quoted. Same with Tigers. Penrith wont get anywhere close. Saints will probably improve, I reckon.

lingard

Coach

Cronk will be coaching Fannagan and Keary, don't forget.

lingard

Coach

I hope so. I don't think they should be on the field at all.