What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 2nd Test Australia v England, Lords Aug 14-18

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ooooh... Rahuuull Dravid.

Now there's a name that turns me on.

That technique of his... so luscious.

Screw contemporary cricket... you can keep your levers, and your reverse-slog sweeps, and your ramp shots from trash talking milennials that average 27 in FC cricket.

As for me? Give me Rahul Dravid or Jacques Kallis batting all day with the sexiest and most impenetrable pure batting techniques known to man.

That's our kind of cricket.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ooooh... Rahuuull Dravid.

Now there's a name that turns me on.

That technique of his... so luscious.

Screw contemporary cricket... you can keep your levers, and your reverse-slog sweeps, and your ramp shots from trash talking milennials that average 27 in FC cricket.

As for me? Give me Rahul Dravid or Jacques Kallis batting all day with the sexiest and most impenetrable pure batting techniques known to man.

That's our kind of cricket.

Rahul Dravid was probably better than Brian Lara and Ricky Ponting but because he wasn't as luscious on the eye in the stroke making department he doesn't get rated as highly

WaznTheGreat

Referee
He was world class at home; but Nasser Hussain away.

I think Clarke was pretty decent away tbh

39.86 in England
40.50 in India
49.50 in NZ
40.61 in South Africa
42.80 in Sri Lanka
14.25 in UAE
39.54 in West Indies
25.50 in Bangladesh

Apart from UAE and Bangladesh he made it to 40 average in all other countries,that's not bad i reckon

Tommy Smith

Referee

39.86 in England
40.50 in India
49.50 in NZ
40.61 in South Africa
42.80 in Sri Lanka
14.25 in UAE
39.54 in West Indies
25.50 in Bangladesh

Apart from UAE and Bangladesh he made it to 40 average in all other countries,that's not bad i reckon
Exactly. Those are basically Nasser Hussain's career averages.

Nasser Hussain 1
Nasser Haynetrain 0

Bazal

Post Whore

39.86 in England
40.50 in India
49.50 in NZ
40.61 in South Africa
42.80 in Sri Lanka
14.25 in UAE
39.54 in West Indies
25.50 in Bangladesh

100%

He was an excellent player. He is also 4th all time on the list for Australian batsmen and tenth worldwide in terms of converting 50s to 100s. 2 decimal points or something off Steve Smith

His average fell away after his forst season and again at the back of his career with his injuries and so on, but from when he came back in 2006 until his back really gave up on him around 2013/14 the bloke averaged like 55 and scored 1000+ for the year 4 times.

Tommy Smith

Referee
100%

He was an excellent player. He is also 4th all time on the list for Australian batsmen and tenth worldwide in terms of converting 50s to 100s. 2 decimal points or something off Steve Smith

His average fell away after his forst season and again at the back of his career with his injuries and so on, but from when he came back in 2006 until his back really gave up on him around 2013/14 the bloke averaged like 55 and scored 1000+ for the year 4 times.
Sorry but I can't ever forgive him for those frosted tips in his younger days.

They nullify anything he achieved with the bat imo.

Screenshot_20190817-162157.jpg