What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 3rd Test Australia v England, Leeds Aug 22-26

some11

Referee
Archer's speeds well down. Wonder if bowling him for 945354 overs in the 2nd test has affected him
3 day test, plenty of breaks - he was able to bowl full pace the whole time.

He knows this match is going the distance (although with our batting lineup it could be another 3 day test).

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think he is probably trying to get the ball to swing which begs the question why not just bowl woakes and have Archer just go as hard as possible in short bursts

Woakes can get a fair bit of movement out the ball

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think people are rightly harsh on Bancroft because he isn't as good as his dad thinks and his dad happens to be the coach of the side so he is getting a lot of chances. There is the potential of a good opener there. I wouldn't completely write him off basically.

I think people are rightly harsh on Bancroft because he isn't as good as his dad thinks and his dad happens to be the coach of the side so he is getting a lot of chances. There is the potential of a good opener there. I wouldn't completely write him off basically.

I'm sure he could be of use in home conditions. Maybe on other dead tracks around the world as well

On anything seaming or swinging? No chance. It's all in the technique. He doesn't have it and at this level, the opposition will exploit it ruthlessly

blaza88z

Coach
England showing their lack of experience with genuine speed bowlers, Archer hasn't had a break yet

Reactions: JW
I don't recall Buck planting his leg out and across every ball though, having to play around his pad

I was referring to them playing patient innings, that’s what we need.

If, and it’s a big if, Bancroft could transfer some of his long, patient innings from shield to test cricket, he’d be a huge asset.