What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 3rd Test Australia v England, Leeds Aug 22-26

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unlikely but I’d send an SOS for Joe Burns to play in the tour game next week.

with his technique issues I doubt he would get off the mark

I dont think we have the answers in those conditions, we can talk about techniques like Labs who is very correct but our best batsman has the worst technique

JW

Coach
Uzi and co just need to hang in there for another couple of weeks. Not long now and all will be forgiven when they'll be able to amass some hearty 40s or 50s blocking kookaburras to the fence on our home highways.

bazza

Immortal
with his technique issues I doubt he would get off the mark

I dont think we have the answers in those conditions, we can talk about techniques like Labs who is very correct but our best batsman has the worst technique
Burns could have nicked one earlier than Harris

bazza

Immortal
Poms giving it to us because Labs is Seth Efrican but he emigrated here when he was 10 and raised in Qld yet they get narkey when I call them Rest of the World team.
I think it depends on why they came to the country - if they just came to play cricket then it is fair to call it out
If someone came for any other reason then that is fair enough

Guys like Andrew Strauss and even Ben Stokes get a pass
People like Pietersen and Trott don't

TheParraboy

Staff member
180 could be a competitive score , we bowl them out for less then we are on top

Good to see Davey dig in, make a decent half ton in those conditions

Early wickets today and poms are torpedoed up the jacks crackers...

As far as I am concerned, the test is already done. f**k me if I'm watching another minute.

Bravo England. 1-1. Archer to take 200 wickets by 20 tests. Root double ton. Stokes ton. Bairstow 6 catches. Leech to bleed Australia. Bayliss still a Benedict Arnold.

f**k it all. f**k the world. f**k the cosmos to infinity and beyond...

Can't wait for the double up of a Rabbits arse rimming too. I can really up my meds.

Arghhhhh!!!

180 could be a competitive score , we bowl them out for less then we are on top

Good to see Davey dig in, make a decent half ton in those conditions

Early wickets today and poms are torpedoed up the jacks crackers...

You’re a glass half full fella, Parraboy

As far as I am concerned, the test is already done. f**k me if I'm watching another minute.

Bravo England. 1-1. Archer to take 200 wickets by 20 tests. Root double ton. Stokes ton. Bairstow 6 catches. Leech to bleed Australia. Bayliss still a Benedict Arnold.

f**k it all. f**k the world. f**k the cosmos to infinity and beyond...

Can't wait for the double up of a Rabbits arse rimming too. I can really up my meds.

Arghhhhh!!!

You’re a glass half empty fella, Mad Hatter.

Sphagnum

Coach
Mavis Bitchlasagne with the hard carry.

Still not as good a batting prospect as wade apparently.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Unless we keep them to 220 max, then it's 1-1 and England hot favourites. If we keep making Archer look f**king Immortal, Poms to win the series 3-1.

undertaker

Coach
If England bat in the dark like the Australians than this could be an interesting test.

Having the Dukes ball (which is much darker than the Kookaburra ball) bowled by fast bowlers in overcast conditions is a massive advantage. It's very clear from Labuschagne's dismissal that he didn't see the ball until very late.
It's even a bigger advantage if the bowler has darker skin, as it makes it more difficult for the batsman to detect the release point of the bowler and the ball is camouflaged for a split moment after release as the bowling hand comes down.

I don't know why they didn't have pink ball day/night tests. It would completely remove the 'bad light' issue. I guess the Poms are still stuck with traditional mindsets. After all, ODIs in England were still played with white clothing and the red ball until as recently as 1998.

Last edited:

Latest posts