What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Unfortunately I can't see us getting anywhere near that this week.
SOU v SYD 21K
PAR v MAN 20K
MEL v NQL 18K
CAN v WAR 15K
CBY v BRI 14K
GLD v SGI 10K
WST v CRO 19K
PEN v NEW 11K

Being optimistic IMO I think we'll struggle to crack 130K - thats 128K there ^

Panther_Daz

Staff member
SOU v SYD 21K
PAR v MAN 20K
MEL v NQL 18K
CAN v WAR 15K
CBY v BRI 14K
GLD v SGI 10K
WST v CRO 19K
PEN v NEW 11K

I am actually concerned for Thursday nights game. I get a feeling the Roosters are going to rest a few players.

Perth Red

Post Whore
163,227‬ is the figure. Last year's final round to push it higher was 175K

We needed more double headers! Crowds havent shifted for years so no reason to expect this year would be much different, though the inclusion of Bankwest stadium gave some hope. Sadly the NRL hasnt utilised this amazing asset as well as it should have so havent seen the bump we could have done.

greenBV4

Bench
I am actually concerned for Thursday nights game. I get a feeling the Roosters are going to rest a few players.
Same with the Storm, minor premiership already in the bag so why risk/not rest the players, and cowboys aren't really a great draw card in their current form - so not expecting a great crowd (hopefully I'm wrong?)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Same with the Storm, minor premiership already in the bag so why risk/not rest the players, and cowboys aren't really a great draw card in their current form - so not expecting a great crowd (hopefully I'm wrong?)

This is what irks me. These games are the perfect opportunity to do something to get people there that would otherwise not bother. Make the tickets $10 each, kids free. Have a player signing session for the players rested etc. Make it an end of season party atmosphere. Melbourne should be hyping that this is the minor premiership party and all are invited, fireworks, give aways etc.

Clubs are so lazy!

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
We needed more double headers! Crowds havent shifted for years so no reason to expect this year would be much different, though the inclusion of Bankwest stadium gave some hope. Sadly the NRL hasnt utilised this amazing asset as well as it should have so havent seen the bump we could have done.

It would be disappointing if there was a drop in crowds on last year considering the new stadium would have expected to give a handy little bump to the average? There is a case that the unavailability of Allianz had an impact. Is the end number for the Roosters and other Allianz tenants significantly different than what they would have expected at their normal home base?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would be disappointing if there was a drop in crowds on last year considering the new stadium would have expected to give a handy little bump to the average? There is a case that the unavailability of Allianz had an impact. Is the end number for the Roosters and other Allianz tenants significantly different than what they would have expected at their normal home base?

Roosters avg is significantly higher this year than last year.

greenBV4

Bench
This is what irks me. These games are the perfect opportunity to do something to get people there that would otherwise not bother. Make the tickets $10 each, kids free. Have a player signing session for the players rested etc. Make it an end of season party atmosphere. Melbourne should be hyping that this is the minor premiership party and all are invited, fireworks, give aways etc.

Clubs are so lazy!

Defiantly should be, even if it meant loosing money from dirt cheap tickets, the fan engagement would be great and worth it! but I've actually seen more from the Cowboys for this game (paid advertisements on Facebook having been popping up the last week or so)

Also just looked at the AFL fixtures, Storm are going head to head with a most likely sold out MCG for the first week of their finals..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
SOU v SYD 21K
PAR v MAN 20K
MEL v NQL 18K
CAN v WAR 15K
CBY v BRI 14K
GLD v SGI 10K
WST v CRO 19K
PEN v NEW 11K

Souths first home game since they got back to winning, might get more or around that figure you mentioned.

Parra Vs Manly, for a 6pm game that crowd figure would be excellent but wouldnt surprise me if they get less.

Stallion

First Grade
SOU v SYD 21K
PAR v MAN 20K
MEL v NQL 18K
CAN v WAR 15K
CBY v BRI 14K
GLD v SGI 10K
WST v CRO 19K
PEN v NEW 11K

Parramatta v Manly 25000 plus
Canberra v Warriors 18000.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Parramatta v Manly 25000 plus
Canberra v Warriors 18000.
Eels-Manly is Friday 6pm, so it won't be getting 25k.

Canberra-Warriors, result is a forgone conclusion and they're guaranteed at least one home final. Warriors wouldn't have a huge away presence.

Stallion

First Grade
Eels-Manly is Friday 6pm, so it won't be getting 25k.

Canberra-Warriors, result is a forgone conclusion and they're guaranteed at least one home final. Warriors wouldn't have a huge away presence.

Maybe? I'm thinking the Eels fans are anticipating a positive result. 6pm timeslot maybe good for families to attend as its not so late. But I see your point . Travelling in Sydney during that time is undeniably difficult unlike a place such as Newcastle etc. Canberra will support their winning team very well. The Warriors are not a boring side to watch and the Raiders fans will be keen to see another win from what is a great footy side to watch. So hopefully such crowds will show up weather permitting.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Defiantly should be, even if it meant loosing money from dirt cheap tickets, the fan engagement would be great and worth it! but I've actually seen more from the Cowboys for this game (paid advertisements on Facebook having been popping up the last week or so)

Also just looked at the AFL fixtures, Storm are going head to head with a most likely sold out MCG for the first week of their finals..

Nrl had a chance to put storm on Thursday night at last minute and turned it down..
Roosters v South's was going to swap ..

Latest posts