What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Such a hero. Valid points get ridiculed by some and appreciated by others But that's part of the deal here. Continue on.
If it were a valid point, then the other ten matches involving the same jersey since 2014 would've all featured poor crowds.

Unfortunately for your very invalid point, that's not the case. Move on.

T-Boon

Coach
Stallion is right. Some people are losing attachment to their team because the team is selling out its identity. My team is the Aland Eels we represent some property developer, we were formerly known as the Parramatta Eels, I cant even describe our colours anymore. This affects crowds.

DC_fan

Coach
Stallion is right. Some people are losing attachment to their team because the team is selling out its identity. My team is the Aland Eels we represent some property developer, we were formerly known as the Parramatta Eels, I cant even describe our colours anymore. This affects crowds.

It is an interesting point you make, and one that needs more discussion. The other day I was out having lunch at a club. The NRL was being shown on TV. It was a replay. I could not tell from the jumpers which teams were playing. I needed to look for the scores on screen to answer that question.

Shark62

Juniors
It is an interesting point you make, and one that needs more discussion. The other day I was out having lunch at a club. The NRL was being shown on TV. It was a replay. I could not tell from the jumpers which teams were playing. I needed to look for the scores on screen to answer that question.
Funny thing is that happened to me watching premier league football the other night. It’s also happened watching top flight rugby afl cricket and basketball.

Stallion

First Grade
If it were a valid point, then the other ten matches involving the same jersey since 2014 would've all featured poor crowds.

Unfortunately for your very invalid point, that's not the case. Move on.

Dissagree.These abstract jerseys being used with unfamiliar club colours do not do any favours for the universal recognition of a club. I will move on however the point is valid. I know anecdotal scenarios don't count here but plenty of people I spoke to last night do not like the "unfamiliar" playing strip. It's a crock of shit and perhaps the Knights should note the work wear 'cause' in another way.

I didn't go last year but was there this year with another person. Make that 1102 people.

So 1100 people didn’t attend tonight because of the knights warning prospective attendees of these shirts?
I see a solution here. But I can’t be bothered telling you what it is.

Shark62

Juniors
Dissagree.These abstract jerseys bring used with unfamiliar club colours do not do any favours for the universal recognition of a club. I will move on however the point is valid. I know anecdotal scenarios don't count here but plenty of people I spoke to last night do not like the "unfamiliar" playing strip. It's a crock of shit and perhaps the Knights should honour the work wear 'cause' in another way.
I’ve heard some really dumb reasons for NRL crowds but I think we’ve now hit rock bottom.
It’s the jerseys!
Oh and I spoke to lots of people last night about this very issue and they all looked at me as if I had something terribly wrong with me. Anecdotally speaking of course :joy:

Stallion

First Grade
Saints v Canterbury Bankstown has the potential to draw a "surprise " attendance today! Given good weather I'm predicting 20000 plus at Kogarah. Both clubs will be wearing their recognisable colours. The number will be good and look impressive on tv due to these two teams proving to be competitive and having a go in the eyes of most fans.

Shark62

Juniors
Saints v Canterbury Bankstown has the potential to draw a "surprise " attendance today! Given good weather I'm predicting 20000 plus at Kogarah. Both clubs will be wearing their recognisable colours. The number will be good and look impressive on tv due to these two teams proving to be competitive and having a go in the eyes of most fans.
woo hoo!

DC_fan

Coach
Funny thing is that happened to me watching premier league football the other night. It’s also happened watching top flight rugby afl cricket and basketball.

The only sports I watch to any great degree are NRL, NFL and cricket. Obviously as discussed it happens a lot in the NRL. It doesnt happen a whole lot in the NFL. But when it does teams are easily identifiable by the logo on the players helmets.

Latest posts