What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

kinghippo

Juniors
Tend to agree with @tonks tbh. Surely he could get punted for bringing the game/club into disrepute?
It happened to Carney I suppose, but I think he won a law suit for unfair dismissal in the end.
That’s the problem.
If they get a not guilty verdict it will cost them, best to wait until the court case is done.

martielang

Bench
It happened to Carney I suppose, but I think he won a law suit for unfair dismissal in the end.
That’s the problem.
If they get a not guilty verdict it will cost them, best to wait until the court case is done.

Yeh it’s definitely not black & white. Hard one.

franklin2323

Immortal
There is guys in the game who have done far worse things and not punted. Also talking of a cleanskin on a charge that will rarely see jail time.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Does anyone know whats going on with Sele? Why has he not been named in the 21 for weeks? I heard he was being disciplined for sleeping in and missing training a few weeks ago, is there more to it or does the coach not rate him? I thought his appearance in FG were pretty good.

Kilkenny

Coach
As things unfolded over the last year or so I believed our retention of most of our players and there were many were excellent even if there were question marks about the lengths of some contracts.

Move forward 12 months or so and you could be forgiven for thinking why we resigned any of the players whose contracts were extended. While Mansour, Cleary and RCG have been the pin cushions for the boo boys Yeo, Blake and others should not escape criticism and have equally been underwhelming.

JFH another long term recent resigning and arguably our best player thus far in 2019 is an average player at best so Im not sure what that says about where we are at as a club long term.

Let’s all accept 2019 is a write off, elevate Jarome, Too, Burns, Lui Toso and others and see whether they are up to it. Given the injuries today we should have no problems getting approval to elevate some players outside the top 30.

I mentioned last week but I’d be looking to move on Maloney, this season is a write off, he’d be better off elsewhere. Might free up some cash to add some experience, but also gets us a leg up on next year with Luai.

I’d also look strongly at moving on Mansour.

But I can’t stress this enough, we need to bring in some experienced players from outside.

Kilkenny

Coach
I mentioned last week but I’d be looking to move on Maloney, this season is a write off, he’d be better off elsewhere. Might free up some cash to add some experience, but also gets us a leg up on next year with Luai.

I’d also look strongly at moving on Mansour.

But I can’t stress this enough, we need to bring in some experienced players from outside.

The Josh Mansour one is a hard one. He has been so loyal over the years surely he deserves some loyalty in return. While he hasn’t shown anywhere near the form he showed when he represented for the Blues and Kangaroos I think he has been getting better each week this season.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Josh Mansour one is a hard one. He has been so loyal over the years surely he deserves some loyalty in return. While he hasn’t shown anywhere near the form he showed when he represented for the Blues and Kangaroos I think he has been getting better each week this season.

I mentioned trying him in the backrow. I'd try that before shifting him off too England

unKwn

Juniors
it is tough to let go of a player such as mansour, great person and all.

but if we want to win a premiership, we need to make those tough decisions.

panther.mike

Juniors
Is there a conspiracy by the "board" to move on all our good players, and there are many of them, and retain no hopers and then merge with another club ie eels?

Kilkenny

Coach
I mentioned trying him in the backrow. I'd try that before shifting him off too England

Try anything I suppose but just like DWZ in the centres it is not gonna work out.

Mansour would no doubt attract some interest from the ESL I just can’t see him going there given his passion for his young family.

You can’t simply get rid of someone unless they are accepting of the move.

franklin2323

Immortal
Try anything I suppose but just like DWZ in the centres it is not gonna work out.

Mansour would no doubt attract some interest from the ESL I just can’t see him going there given his passion for his young family.

You can’t simply get rid of someone unless they are accepting of the move.

Your last paragraph is why we need to try something. A few guys off contract after 2020 but until then pretty much this is it

unKwn

Juniors
For 2020: (i’m just estimating their values, could be completely wrong with the numbers)

- Mansour, +300k
- Whare, +400k
- Edwards, +300k
- Phillips, +150k?
- Maloney, +800k
- Katoa, +200k?

how much does that give us to work with, like around 2.2 mil?

Hopefully Aekins is good enough to replace Edwards, and Luai replaces Maloney

We can pick up a centre or winger off the market with a fair bit of money to spare for a good forward (like an actual good one pls).

We should also see how Egan goes this year and evaluate if we need a hooker from the market for next year. If Egan is good we stick with him. If Egan isn’t good then we keep him for depth but go to the market for a good 80 min hooker.

Hope this makes sense lol

For 2020: (i’m just estimating their values, could be completely wrong with the numbers)

- Mansour, +300k
- Whare, +400k
- Edwards, +300k
- Phillips, +150k?
- Maloney, +800k
- Katoa, +200k?

We can pick up a centre or winger off the market with a fair bit of money to spare for a good forward (like an actual good one pls).

We should also see how Egan goes this year and evaluate if we need a hooker from the market for next year. If Egan is good we stick with him. If Egan isn’t good then we keep him for depth but go to the market for a good 80 min hooker.

Mansour would be on more, I’d say $400k-450k

Katoa I’d say a little less.

franklin2323

Immortal

- Mansour, +300k
- Whare, +400k
- Edwards, +300k
- Phillips, +150k?
- Maloney, +800k
- Katoa, +200k?

I think you have Whare and Mansour around the wrong way but I agree with the amount.

Certainly enough to fill some holes

forby

Juniors
Is there a conspiracy by the "board" to move on all our good players, and there are many of them, and retain no hopers and then merge with another club ie eels?
What an idiotic thing to say!
Penrith is Panthers and unless there is a time when it snows in Sydney they will never merge with Parramatta!

Latest posts