What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Panther_Daz

Staff member
"Not only did it disrupt the squad and test a number of friendships, but there’s been some uncomfortable issues with wives and girlfriends too. The whole thing has really unsettled the season and made away trips particularly difficult."

I didn't release the internal fallout from the incident between some of the players had gotten that bad.

I don't think it is as bad as being made out. Just another excuse to shift the blame away from the Board and Ivan Cleary.

The way Gus puts it is Moylan wanted to be a 6 and no one else wanted that. So I doubt both would of been here.

In an alternate world we have him. Keep Walker and Cook when had then and have a dominate spine

We didn’t have salary cap room for both. Maloney was shopping for a big deal, Moylan had been re-signed on a 5 year deal.

mxlegend99

Referee
I was neutral on Ivan until last week. Dropping to 2 wins and 7 losses is pathetic and he topped it off by:

-picking Fuimaono at centre ahead of DWZ
-not hooking Fuimaono after like 10 minutes
- keeping him in first grade this week.

He is not even a good reserve grade player. He shouldn't be anywhere near first grade in any position. We shouldnt have wasted a top 30 spot signing him.

Mansour and RCG being dropped was understandable due to their form.
But even in poor form both had more upside than Fuimaono. Ivan also dropped Aekins who hasnt done anything wrong to recall Edwards who last week wasn't deemed good enough for a wing spot to keep Fuimaono out. But this week pushes Aekins out.

Hopefully Cleary is just f**king with us and we're using Sele instead. But after keeping him on for 80 last week I have zero faith in Ivan. Something just isnt right. He's trying to destroy this club intentionally. Nothing else makes sense. Hes getting payback on Gus for sacking him and is here to destroy what Gus built.

Abacus

Juniors
No I mean Ivan and the board in response to what Daz posted
Need to be careful about WW rumours given their affiliation with a board member. Buck stops with the head coach, coaxed out of an existing contract by his mate Dave, for our performance this season.

Pointing to a minor off-field indiscretion is a shameless piece of deflection. Ivan's had 9 rounds to get the players' minds back on playing footy - and he's proved incompetent at this key requirement of a head coach.

I'm still waiting for someone to take responsibility - so far all I've heard from Ivan and the board (or in this case the WW) are excuses and telling fans and members that they have no right to complain.

franklin2323

Immortal
Need to be careful about WW rumours given their affiliation with a board member. Buck stops with the head coach, coaxed out of an existing contract by his mate Dave, for our performance this season.

Pointing to a minor off-field indiscretion is a shameless piece of deflection. Ivan's had 9 rounds to get the players' minds back on playing footy - and he's proved incompetent at this key requirement of a head coach.

I'm still waiting for someone to take responsibility - so far all I've heard from Ivan and the board (or in this case the WW) are excuses and telling fans and members that they have no right to complain.

Yep they are great at shifting the blame

forby

Juniors
Just watching Souths v Canberra. This new interpretation of the strip rule is a joke. Three players tackle with on grabbing the ball. When he is ready to pull it out the others let go! Ridiculous.