What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

That's why I think Ivan's comments are on the mark. We aren't where we should be but we are in a good place. I'm pretty happy with the improvement. Cleary and Maloney where finally working well together which is why his injury sucks so much. Them 2 could have taken us to the next level this year. Not sure how set back they'll be now.

Hopefully it won’t be huge setback. It looked like Cleary was going to get the green light to play SOO at one stage so I’m assuming he won’t be out for too long.

We need Maloney to emerge on Wednesday evening unscathed and we should be good. I agree that Maloney should be given the night off against the Titans. Hopefully the dynamic duo will be back in time for the Dragons game

OldPanther

Coach
Hopefully it won’t be huge setback. It looked like Cleary was going to get the green light to play SOO at one stage so I’m assuming he won’t be out for too long.

We need Maloney to emerge on Wednesday evening unscathed and we should be good. I agree that Maloney should be given the night off against the Titans. Hopefully the dynamic duo will be back in time for the Dragons game

Yeah I'd rest them both to be 100% sure.

I read an article earlier today that said Cleary had the choice to play but decided not to just in case.

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney won't be good to go because of the celebratory hangover he will have on Thursday morning.

Nah he'll be fine, don't worry about it:

giphy.gif

TheFrog

Coach
We're now one of three teams equal in 8th place, but we're 10th with an awful F/A.

Next week: Sharks vs Storm in Melb.
Tiges vs Parra at the new joint.
Panthers vs Titans at home. Do it boys.

Uncontested 8th position is ours next weekend!! It has been an enjoyable sail north, long may it continue.

Crashtest

Juniors
The Blues win last night highlighted the effect a good fullback and hooker can have on a team winning, even when the performance by both the halves is average.

And shows why we have been struggling this year to score points with Edwards at fullback and the hooker options we have at the club. I just hope this changes for next season, especially if Maloney leaves early and we have 2 young halves that will need more support from our 1 and 9.

Pomoz

Bench
The Blues win last night highlighted the effect a good fullback and hooker can have on a team winning, even when the performance by both the halves is average.

And shows why we have been struggling this year to score points with Edwards at fullback and the hooker options we have at the club. I just hope this changes for next season, especially if Maloney leaves early and we have 2 young halves that will need more support from our 1 and 9.
Yes and the effect speed has to create space even when your forwards are being dominated. We were getting flogged in the forwards and Tedesco created something from nothing. Speed and footwork can do that. The trouble we have, is we haven't got that anywhere. Although, Too and Naden have increased our speed a bit in the backs. We still need more pace though.

Crashtest

Juniors
I still reckon there’s a lot of upside in Edwards. Nowhere near the finished product. Steadily improving week by week as his confidence returns.

It’s good that he is safe under the high ball again, and i can’t fault his effort on kick returns and tough carries. But he doesnt have the speed, footwork or ball playing skills to be an Elite fullback. First year rookie fullbacks like Nicoll-Klokstad and Papenhuyen are already showing more promise than Edwards.

The Realist

Juniors
It’s good that he is safe under the high ball again, and i can’t fault his effort on kick returns and tough carries. But he doesnt have the speed, footwork or ball playing skills to be an Elite fullback. First year rookie fullbacks like Nicoll-Klokstad and Papenhuyen are already showing more promise than Edwards.

He has a good knack of following up in support and is deceptively strong. That fend he put on to score shocked me. He isn't lightning quick but he is no slouch either. As long as he does the basics very well (he seems to have regained them) and offers good support I am content with that. Slater never had blinding speed, power or an ace passing game. He just nailed the basics and was a very intelligent player. I think Edwards is from a similar mould.

mxlegend99

Referee
CNK is not a ball player. IMO he's very much in the Dylan Edwards mould. He hasn't shown anymore promise than Edwards... he looks to have the same ceiling as a player IMO.

CNK:
16 games
8 tries
1 try assist
7 linebreaks
71 tackle breaks
178m per games

Edwards:
12 games
4 tries
1 try assist
4 linebreaks
54 tackle breaks
151m per game

Without a doubt CNK has had the better season. Edwards first stint this year was shocking. But Edwards recently has been in similarish form to CNK. Both players have similar strengths and weaknesses. In form they would both offer about the same.

Latest posts