What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Whino

Bench
You mean below?

You’re right if so. But it’s a whole new ball game once you make it. Even in 7th & 8th spot.

Cowboys proved it in ‘17, Bulldogs made the GF from 7th in ‘14(at our expense), and who can forget Parra’s heroics in ‘09.

None won the GF in the end, but that trend can be broken

If you mean below I think you're right.

I did my mistake.

Whino

Bench
You’re right if so. But it’s a whole new ball game once you make it. Even in 7th & 8th spot.

Cowboys proved it in ‘17, Bulldogs made the GF from 7th in ‘14(at our expense), and who can forget Parra’s heroics in ‘09.

None won the GF in the end, but that trend can be broken

I agree the finals are a different comp and anything can happen, but after 22 rounds I haven't seen anything from us that we can match it with the top 4 when they are full strength.

I still smell another win from us before the year is out. Maybe 2.

Kilkenny

Coach
Realistically the Dragons had to beat the Sharks today to give us a shot at the top eight.

After today I think the Broncos and Sharks will fill 7th and 8th spots.

Crashtest

Juniors
These type of off field incidents being reported by SMH today don't seem a surprise, given some of the on field performances this season:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mo...enrith-s-blighted-season-20190826-p52kwy.html

While the sex-tape scandal took an emotional toll on the Panthers, the Herald has learned of several other incidents that caused further turmoil and division among the playing group.

In one, a player caused damage to a teammate's car when he became angry and threw a punch.

Club insiders have also revealed how a young player was forced to skip an interstate game, much to the anger of his teammates, because his partner refused to let him travel.

There was also the constant stress behind the scenes for officials trying to shed players because the club was close to being $1 million over the cap for the 2020 season.

Vicpanther

Juniors
I was coming in to post about that article.
The line about one partner banned a player from travelling interstate sounds like a load of crap.
Sorry coach I can't go my Mrs won't let me.

tripster

Juniors
These type of off field incidents being reported by SMH today don't seem a surprise, given some of the on field performances this season:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mo...enrith-s-blighted-season-20190826-p52kwy.html

While the sex-tape scandal took an emotional toll on the Panthers, the Herald has learned of several other incidents that caused further turmoil and division among the playing group.

In one, a player caused damage to a teammate's car when he became angry and threw a punch.

Club insiders have also revealed how a young player was forced to skip an interstate game, much to the anger of his teammates, because his partner refused to let him travel.

There was also the constant stress behind the scenes for officials trying to shed players because the club was close to being $1 million over the cap for the 2020 season.

The article says that Tyrone Phillips departed due to the sex tape scandal, when we know that is wrong - he was terminated because he was charged with drink driving. When an article has a blunder in it like that, it makes you question the quality of the rest of the reporting.

Whino

Bench
While I agree the sex tapes have impacted our season to an extent I can't help feel the re-emergence of this story the past few days has been to take the heat off Ivan for a poor year.
I acknowledge our roster is not perfect but apart from the top 5 teams it has been a weak competition this year.
We have had our chances to make the 8 and blew it.

I will be keenly hoping for a few decent signings in the off season and a scandal free pre season to have hope of a good season next year.
If we fail again next year under better terms Ivan will have no excuses.

franklin2323

Immortal
While I agree the sex tapes have impacted our season to an extent I can't help feel the re-emergence of this story the past few days has been to take the heat off Ivan for a poor year.
I acknowledge our roster is not perfect but apart from the top 5 teams it has been a weak competition this year.
We have had our chances to make the 8 and blew it.

I will be keenly hoping for a few decent signings in the off season and a scandal free pre season to have hope of a good season next year.
If we fail again next year Ivan will have no excuses.

Exactly this. Not just Ivan we were 4th when hook was punted. If you are going to give a massive payout then you better make sure you improve.

We did the opposite. Board elections this year. Most sponsors off contract. Management needing to justify the releasing of players.. So I have no reason to doubt it

I was coming in to post about that article.
The line about one partner banned a player from travelling interstate sounds like a load of crap.
Sorry coach I can't go my Mrs won't let me.

keep in mind that was likely right after the sex tape scandal. I could see a partner flipping out.

Latest posts