What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

age.s

First Grade
Geez, I know RL players aren't noted for their wisdom where women are concerned but imagine being dumb enough to get into your bosses daughter.

Even for a guy who got that tattoo it's notably stupid.

Fangs

Coach
Crazy if true.

Still remember him winning us a game at Shark Park. Sideline conversion and field goal. Dropped the next week lol.

betcats

Referee
Geez, I know RL players aren't noted for their wisdom where women are concerned but imagine being dumb enough to get into your bosses daughter.

Even for a guy who got that tattoo it's notably stupid.

May as well just tattoo "I don't want an NRL career" on your forehead.

The Realist

Juniors
You guys obviously haven't seen Elliot's daughter, she was seriously drop dead gorgeous - probably the best looking girl I have ever seen set foot in Penrith. If I were a testosterone'd up 21 year old, I wouldn't have been able to help myself given the opportunity. I don't think you guys would have been able to either.

However what makes the story more interesting, wasn't Sammut dating Luke Lewis's sister at the time? That would make for an awkward dressing room to say the least...

Kilkenny

Coach
I know nothing of Sammut’s relationship status since he left us but I am sure there were plenty of young available ladies in the North of England for him to focus on since he left us all those years ago. The girls enjoy a good time in that part of the world.

Kilkenny

Coach
He came into the top grade as a fullback and then Elliot had this obsession to turn him into a half. Then when he played in the halves they defended him on the wing which if my memory serves me correctly was not a successful ploy for either us or Jarrod.

He’s had a long successful career even if only 2 1/2 short seasons in the NRL and even though he is in his thirties still getting games for his current club Wigan.

betcats

Referee
You guys obviously haven't seen Elliot's daughter, she was seriously drop dead gorgeous - probably the best looking girl I have ever seen set foot in Penrith. If I were a testosterone'd up 21 year old, I wouldn't have been able to help myself given the opportunity. I don't think you guys would have been able to either.

However what makes the story more interesting, wasn't Sammut dating Luke Lewis's sister at the time? That would make for an awkward dressing room to say the least...

The fact that she is a beauty doesn’t make it any less stupid for his career.

If Knights win today it could set up a massive game in the final round and final match of the year. They have the Cowboys, Tigers and Titans to come - all three they should win, given Wests' injury concerns. If Brisbane drop their matches against Parramatta and Souths and we beat the Cowboys, we will be level with Newcastle heading into the final game of the year with the winner to finish eighth. I know most don't care if we make the eight but even though we'd probably lose I'd still love to go to a first week final against Parramatta, who likely finish fifth, at Bankwest. Atmosphere would be electric.

Kilkenny

Coach
Go figure Nelson Asofa Solomon’s escapes any sanction for his crusher last week against the Bunnies and out of last night Pangai Junior is hit with a Grade 2 crusher and will miss four weeks with early guilty plea.

The inconsistency from the MRC just continues out of control each and every week.

It is staggering and the MRC & Judiciary systems are clearly broken beyond repair and need to be overhauled in the off season.

Abacus

Juniors
Go figure Nelson Asofa Solomon’s escapes any sanction for his crusher last week against the Bunnies and out of last night Pangai Junior is hit with a Grade 2 crusher and will miss four weeks with early guilty plea.

The inconsistency from the MRC just continues out of control each and every week.

It is staggering and the MRC & Judiciary systems are clearly broken beyond repair and need to be overhauled in the off season.
If it's the 2 instances I'm thinking of, TPJ should definitely be looking at 3-4 weeks given the danger posed to the tackled player.

NAS's I had at the lower end of the crusher spectrum. Probably still worth a week just to rub it out of the game.

Pomoz

Bench
You know a tackle is bad when an ex-pro on the commentary team, in this case Braith Anasta, says "that should be punished, that's really dangerous". He could have broke Maloneys neck.

As for Turpin, he could have broken Edwards jaw with that gutless, awful tackle. Milford should buy a lottery ticket after that attempted trip on Cleary as well. Maloney must look at that and go "WTF"?

franklin2323

Immortal
If Knights win today it could set up a massive game in the final round and final match of the year. They have the Cowboys, Tigers and Titans to come - all three they should win, given Wests' injury concerns. If Brisbane drop their matches against Parramatta and Souths and we beat the Cowboys, we will be level with Newcastle heading into the final game of the year with the winner to finish eighth. I know most don't care if we make the eight but even though we'd probably lose I'd still love to go to a first week final against Parramatta, who likely finish fifth, at Bankwest. Atmosphere would be electric.

Not we don't care about finals just we don't deserve to play

Black Diamond

Juniors
Not we don't care about finals just we don't deserve to play
I agree that we dont deserve to be in finals. However lets not forget that Cowboys qualified for the grand final in 2017 after scraping into the finals in 8th position. Wheres there is life, there is hope, anything is possible. In saying that, our inconsistent play doesn't really give us the right for such optimism.

Whino

Bench
To be quite honest no one below 6th place deserves to be playing finals football.

Last edited:

tripster

Juniors

Couldn't agree more. The problem is that the MRC is entirely made up of retired players (many whom we now know probably suffer from brain injuries). It used to be made up of retired players and a retired referee. The judiciary is also made up of retired players. There is one lawyer who chairs the judiciary but they have no vote in whether or not someone is acquitted or convicted - they can only advise the panel.

I don't mind the MRC having a retired player or two on it, but it must have at least one retired referee on it and ideally two.

Retired players should be completely removed from the judiciary, and it should just be a single retired judge. That will almost certainly bring consistency and impartiality. We'd never then have farces like Billy Slater being cleared for last year's GF or Kikau being suspended for a shoulder charge. The problem is that the NRL might not like that - I get the sense at the moment that the judiciary really just does the NRL's bidding week to week, with whatever is on the NRL agenda at that point in time.

To be quite honest no one above 6th place deserves to be playing finals football.

You mean below?

You’re right if so. But it’s a whole new ball game once you make it. Even in 7th & 8th spot.

Cowboys proved it in ‘17, Bulldogs made the GF from 7th in ‘14(at our expense), and who can forget Parra’s heroics in ‘09.

None won the GF in the end, but that trend can be broken