What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

I am a supporter, I buy my gear, my season tickets, go to as many games as I can!
After my family and job, Penrith is the most important part of my life!
I don’t have any power to change the way the club is run, coached or managed.
I have never said things were perfect or anything like that, but there are positives!
If you think that by only seeing the downside of everything you can change things that is delusional.

Disagree you can’t influence how the club is run. If you’re a member you can vote, even by voicing your displeasure to the club it can help improve things.

Flashstep

Juniors
There’s a massive difference between expectations and delusions, most Penrith fans have very little confidence in our club because of the minuscule success we’ve had for decades, anyone expecting to win a grand final with this team and coach is a quite simply a moron.

On the other hand Melbourne are a hugely successful team for the past 20 years that have been blessed with a once in a generation spine and the best coach in the NRL, of course their fans have high expectations when they’ve been showered with non stop success and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop.

Not much we can do as fans anyway.

roofromoz

First Grade
Let's say the NRL allows exemptions to us for next week given it's the last round and out of contention - is there anyone else that should be given a debut with the view of 2020?

franklin2323

Immortal
Let's say the NRL allows exemptions to us for next week given it's the last round and out of contention - is there anyone else that should be given a debut with the view of 2020?

Not really. 9 is a good number of debutants. That with clearing cap space was the good things from this season

Fangs

Coach
Hopefully to Westfield for a medium low carb Sumo Salad with a sharp kick up the arse for desert.

Nah cmon mate they've all had it tough this year. They busted their guts.

First class tickets to Baghdad are surely in order.

pantherz9103

First Grade
On face value we seemed to recover with the 7 wins in a row but again have showed our true colours with 5 losses from the last 6 with the season on the line and the same inept attack and dumb footy from the first 10 rounds.

In all honesty, when you start the season losing 8 from 10, and those 2 wins were far from convincing, you don't deserve to make the finals. At that time I expected last or 2nd last so the winning streak was just like a bit of pain relief from a chronic injury....We should be grateful for avoiding a bottom 4 finish. Based on performance, we probably deserve bottom 4 but will get 10th or 11th and Cleary will be able to put a positive spin on it, whereas he wouldn't have been able to had we not had the purple patch.

Overall a poor season with plenty of unwatchable footy played by the team. The attack in most games was just putrid and the errors and discipline was unacceptable. Some of the form of the rookies like To'o brightened up things a little and bring up my grade for the season slightly.

Grade: D-

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
On face value we seemed to recover with the 7 wins in a row but again have showed our true colours with 5 losses from the last 6 with the season on the line and the same inept attack and dumb footy from the first 10 rounds.

In all honesty, when you start the season losing 8 from 10, and those 2 wins were far from convincing, you don't deserve to make the finals. At that time I expected last or 2nd last so the winning streak was just like a bit of pain relief from a chronic injury....We should be grateful for avoiding a bottom 4 finish. Based on performance, we probably deserve bottom 4 but will get 10th or 11th and Cleary will be able to put a positive spin on it, whereas he wouldn't have been able to had we not had the purple patch.

Overall a poor season with plenty of unwatchable footy played by the team. The attack in most games was just putrid and the errors and discipline was unacceptable. Some of the form of the rookies like To'o brightened up things a little and bring up my grade for the season slightly.

Grade: D-

Hard to argue..

That said I am more confident going into next year than I was going into this season

forby

Juniors
Disagree you can’t influence how the club is run. If you’re a member you can vote, even by voicing your displeasure to the club it can help improve things.
Voting doesn’t Change how a club performs on the field. It doesn’t suddenly get you Bellamy as a coach. It doesn’t suddenly attract the elite players. That is just fantasyland.
Ask Parramatta, Bulldogs, St George - they have all undergone Board upheavals and haven’t become super clubs.

forby

Juniors
What we need more than anything is a super rich but lousy golfing benefactor. Then you can compete with Uncle Nick and the Storm double contracts.

Voting doesn’t Change how a club performs on the field. It doesn’t suddenly get you Bellamy as a coach. It doesn’t suddenly attract the elite players. That is just fantasyland.
Ask Parramatta, Bulldogs, St George - they have all undergone Board upheavals and haven’t become super clubs.

Canterbury appear to be improving since their board upheaval, so have Parramatta to be fair.

Fan expectations can influence a club, if we make it clear we won’t settle for mediocrity we can possibly push the administration to be better.

I’m not saying it’s a silver bullet, but it’s part of the equation.

TheFrog

Coach
You can only have so many super clubs. At the moment there don't seem to be any vacancies.

Half of the 16 clubs have to miss the finals each year, there's no getting away from it.With three clubs making it every year you've only got 5 spots left for the other 13 teams.

We've made the finals 5 times out of 10 this decade, so we're half way up the ladder. It's an improvement on previous decades, but a slow one.

martielang

Bench
At least RCG had a more fun off season but.

I think people have got to understand people deal with things / grieve in different ways. IMO pointless attacking someone because they choose to be more positive & vice versa. We all support the club in different ways & we are all obviously passionate because we waste way too much of our time on a bloody Internet forum.

Hopefully a couple more positive signings & the re-signing of Hook & Katoa will lift spirits over the next couple of months.

franklin2323

Immortal
At least RCG had a more fun off season but.

I think people have got to understand people deal with things / grieve in different ways. IMO pointless attacking someone because they choose to be more positive & vice versa. We all support the club in different ways & we are all obviously passionate because we waste way too much of our time on a bloody Internet forum.

Hopefully a couple more positive signings & the re-signing of Hook & Katoa will lift spirits over the next couple of months.

Exactly everyone grieves no super coach Hook differently

OldPanther

Coach
Same here. More excited for 2020 then I was for 2019.. By no means am I saying we should be happy with how this year went... But could be far worse

Just watching now. It's not looking too good for next year. They'll need a big off season to be ready whichever guy they pick for the 5/8

franklin2323

Immortal
Just watching now. It's not looking too good for next year. They'll need a big off season to be ready whichever guy they pick for the 5/8

The 3-4 new guys will help. Having cap space is huge to improve the team
As will the pre-season for the new guys.
We also haven't got a key player waiting to leave keeping others in limbo..

Sure would of been nice for finals but really it is 2 horse race so get a head start on planning for 2020.. The coach and halfback are still a concern but plenty more to look forward too

Latest posts