What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

betcats

Referee
Probably stating the obvious but we need to start the year strong, the media will be waiting for any cracks to appear at the club.

Looking forward to seeing what Kikau and Waqa can do next season and hopefully a rejuvenated Maloney and more confident and decisive Cleary. I think our season realty will depend on these guys having big years.

franklin2323

Immortal
Probably stating the obvious but we need to start the year strong, the media will be waiting for any cracks to appear at the club.

Looking forward to seeing what Kikau and Waqa can do next season and hopefully a rejuvenated Maloney and more confident and decisive Cleary. I think our season realty will depend on these guys having big years.

Kikau is the one. Another full pre season of mainly defence techniques and he will be huge.

Those guys you mentioned are all big keys but for me. Getting that right side more attack is the key to moving on from week 2

betcats

Referee
Kikau is the one. Another full pre season of mainly defence techniques and he will be huge.

Those guys you mentioned are all big keys but for me. Getting that right side more attack is the key to moving on from week 2

Agree but I think they attack will be ok if they get the effort and defence right. As long as Ivan listens to guys like Maloney and the other staff around him we should be ok. We have some brilliant attacking weapons, we just need find the best way to utilise them. If the guys I mentioned are having good years we should be scoring enough.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree but I think they attack will be ok if they get the effort and defence right. As long as Ivan listens to guys like Maloney and the other staff around him we should be ok. We have some brilliant attacking weapons, we just need find the best way to utilise them. If the guys I mentioned are having good years we should be scoring enough.

Maloney moving to the right is the main change. Nathan is great with game plans if you tell him give Kikau and Blake the ball it will happen. Maloney is better with vision. Him on the right helps that for attack and can hide him in defence.

Those guys alone will ensure we finish 6th and not 12th. Hopefully the plan is get May into the Taylor role that Ivan uses well. That and dumb penalties out of the game. We will miss tackles always due to JFH, RCG rushing up for the hit but the right guys around them

CCJohnC

Juniors
I have been watching classic matches on Fox including some of last seasons games and I wonder how much we will miss the unpredictability of Peachey? Fuimaono is an unknown quality to me although he is shown as a centre. Perhaps the inclusion of Luai off the bench may be the answer. Any other suggestions?

franklin2323

Immortal
I have been watching classic matches on Fox including some of last seasons games and I wonder how much we will miss the unpredictability of Peachey? Fuimaono is an unknown quality to me although he is shown as a centre. Perhaps the inclusion of Luai off the bench may be the answer. Any other suggestions?

The good thing with Peachey was he was the total utility. He could play on the bench a have 3 forwards. Or play as a forward and allow a hooker. That is the sort stuff that would be missed.

I go Luai on the bench. The problem is does it leave us too light if a forward goes down injured? Luai, Fuimaono and 2 props would be my bench

OldPanther

Coach
The good thing with Peachey was he was the total utility. He could play on the bench a have 3 forwards. Or play as a forward and allow a hooker. That is the sort stuff that would be missed.

I go Luai on the bench. The problem is does it leave us too light if a forward goes down injured? Luai, Fuimaono and 2 props would be my bench

What is Ivan likely to do though?

age.s

First Grade
Love the white strip. Who cares if you get sauce on it? They're battle scars, wear them with pride!

EDIT: Both strips are great to be clear.

franklin2323

Immortal
What is Ivan likely to do though?

From what I remember and casual viewing of Tigers games. He likes a smaller pack probably helps with defence. It wouldn't surprise me to see Yeo prop or something strange like that. I think May will be in the top 17 somewhere.

martielang

Bench
Found it strange we never formally announced the signed of Fuimaono. Not a marquee signing by any means but worthy of a mention. Average centre but decent prospect at backrow.

Surely we're moving Merrin on for a signing. I doubt it'll be someone the calibre of Klemmer, Napa, Taupau though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Found it strange we never formally announced the signed of Fuimaono. Not a marquee signing by any means but worthy of a mention. Average centre but decent prospect at backrow.

Surely we're moving Merrin on for a signing. I doubt it'll be someone the calibre of Klemmer, Napa, Taupau though.

We did the same last year with Phillips and co.

You can't have a new coach and not have room for them to get players that fit their style. A good solid defending backrower hopefully

franklin2323

Immortal
You're not the only one.

Maybe Tyrone May at lock like an Taylor was at Tigers.

well back in 2015 in NYC he was going to be an Lewis Brown style backrower you'd think Ivan was part of that discussion. Ivan is one coach that has a small lock. That would be a good move push JFH to prop or bench. He should be playing less to help with errors

OldPanther

Coach
well back in 2015 in NYC he was going to be an Lewis Brown style backrower you'd think Ivan was part of that discussion. Ivan is one coach that has a small lock. That would be a good move push JFH to prop or bench. He should be playing less to help with errors

Sounds like a solid plan. I think it'd benifit May so much Vs being a bench hooker.

Latest posts