What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

betcats

Referee
There is a whole other thread on this, but anyone who thinks DWZ is a better FB than Edwards, doesn’t understand the subtlety’s of the position.

Well I disagree with that, I think you might just be over-rating your understanding of the subtlety's of the position.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well I disagree with that, I think you might just be over-rating your understanding of the subtlety's of the position.

Really, I doubt that very much, defensively it’s the most important position on the field.

Listen to Edwards when he’s playing, he guides players all over the park, calls his wingers back, tells them to stay put etc.

DWZ does half the amount of talk. He’s also played there a fair bit, which makes me think this won’t improve.

He’s not bad, Edwards is just a lot better.

Bringing the ball back and running sweep plays is 15% of what a FB’s actual job is. It just gets noticed the most.

Ivan will pick Edwards, it’s a done deal.

It’s so done that it’s a pointless discussion .

betcats

Referee
Really, I doubt that very much, defensively it’s the most important position on the field.

Listen to Edwards when he’s playing, he guides players all over the park, calls his wingers back, tells them to stay put etc.

DWZ does half the amount of talk. He’s also played there a fair bit, which makes me think this won’t improve.

He’s not bad, Edwards is just a lot better.

Bringing the ball back and running sweep plays is 15% of what a FB’s actual job is. It just gets noticed the most.

Ivan will pick Edwards, it’s a done deal.

It’s so done that it’s a pointless discussion .

If its so pointless why are you discussing it then? So the offensive side is 15 percent of their job and the defensive side is 85 percent? Lol yeah right I can tell you have a brilliant understanding of the position.

I think Dallin has a lot of improvement left in him. Communication is something that he can improve upon in one offseason easily for one thing. I think we have yet to see the best of him physically yet. I doubt he has trained there as our first choice fullback half as much as Dylan has either.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If its so pointless why are you discussing it then? So the offensive side is 15 percent of their job and the defensive side is 85 percent? Lol yeah right I can tell you have a brilliant understanding of the position.

I think Dallin has a lot of improvement left in him. Communication is something that he can improve upon in one offseason easily for one thing. I think we have yet to see the best of him physically yet. I doubt he has trained there as our first choice fullback half as much as Dylan has either.

There’s a lot more to attack then running the Ball back and sweep plays for pity sake. How do you not understand even that....

DWZ has played a lot of footy at FB, he’s not learning a position he’s been thrown into, he played there a lot as a junior.

Edwards is just better. He has a better footballing brain.

betcats

Referee
There’s a lot more to attack then running the Ball back and sweep plays for pity sake. How do you not understand even that....

DWZ has played a lot of footy at FB, he’s not learning a position he’s been thrown into, he played there a lot as a junior.

Edwards is just better. He has a better footballing brain.

That’s what you said mate I’m just trying to clarify your statement since it wasn’t clear at all, you are the one claiming to have a superior understanding of the position and that it is a done deal for Edwards, yet all you’ve actually said about the players is Dylan talks more and has a better footballing brain and Dallin won’t improve most of which is extremely speculative and just an opinion, Yet you keep saying it like it’s fact, I just don’t get it.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That’s what you said mate I’m just trying to clarify your statement since it wasn’t clear at all, you are the one claiming to have a superior understanding of the position and that it is a done deal for Edwards, yet all you’ve actually said about the players is Dylan talks more and has a better footballing brain and Dallin won’t improve most of which is extremely speculative and just an opinion, Yet you keep saying it like it’s fact, I just don’t get it.

Read what I typed... I said no such thing. I said that there is more to the position then running the ball back and sweep plays. That’s only 15% of the FBs role.

You then said that left 85% for defence, which is obviously not correct, because there is a shit load more to attack then returning the ball and sweep plays... surely you get that.

Dallin’s footballing instinct isn’t going to improve, nor does it too. He’s very good. But he makes his money by being a powerful, dynamic runner of the ball.

I understand that you don’t get it, that much is very clear. Wait til round one, see whose FB.

betcats

Referee
Read what I typed... I said no such thing. I said that there is more to the position then running the ball back and sweep plays. That’s only 15% of the FBs role.

You then said that left 85% for defence, which is obviously not correct, because there is a shit load more to attack then returning the ball and sweep plays... surely you get.

Which I found completely ridiculous hence the sarcasm in my response, did you not pick that up?

I don’t want to wait till round one i”d rather discuss it now since you seem to know what Ivan is thinking and what he will do, i”d like a better explanation then “he talks more” and “Dallin won’t improve” which is still the only things you’ve said about the players, everything else has been you insinuating you understand better than anyone who doesn’t share your opinion with very little to actually back that up.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
In 2 out of his 3 games for NZ at fullback Dallin has been the best on the field. I still think id go Edwards but its a legitimate question who gets the nod

He doesn’t need to play FB to be the best player on the park! He’s been our best player plenty of times, from the wing.

I totally agree he was the best player in those games, I don’t agree it was because he was playing FB.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Which I found completely ridiculous hence the sarcasm in my response, did you not pick that up?

I don’t want to wait till round one i”d rather discuss it now since you seem to know what Ivan is thinking and what he will do, i”d like a better explanation then “he talks more” and “Dallin won’t improve” which is still the only things you’ve said about the players, everything else has been you insinuating you understand better than anyone who doesn’t share your opinion with very little to actually back that up.

You weren’t being sarcastic, that wasn’t even sarcasm... you misinterpreted what I said, which is fine.

DWZ can definitely improve, just not in the areas that make Edwards a better FB.

Edwards has a better footy brain, he sees things occurring on field and talks to his team mates. He reads the opposition better, that’s why he is positionally better than Dal.

You learn these things as you come through the JNRs, it’s football instinct, if Dal doesn’t have it by now, he won’t get it in a pre-season. Which is fine, He doesn’t need it.

Latest posts