What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Draw

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hopefully not too many Friday night games. They are next to impossible for me to make it to, unless I take half a day off work. Have already brought my membership for next year.

From what I have heard you aren't going to be happy then. I am hearing we have up to 12 Channel 9 games.

Including a potential grudge match in Round 4 v Tigers at home (Friday night).

We finish with a few away games but apparently our last round is at home.

3 of our first 4 rounds are at home. Round 1 v Eels, Round 3 v Storm (Bathurst) and Round 4 v Tigers.

unKwn

Juniors
West tigers are apparently playing Parra on the opener for western Sydney stadium. we would be playing Parra would draw a much bigger crowd

Panther_Daz

Staff member
West tigers are apparently playing Parra on the opener for western Sydney stadium. we would be playing Parra would draw a much bigger crowd

The opening of the new stadium would sell out against anyone to be fair.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Draw is about to be released but I believe all Sydney teams will visit Panthers Stadium in 2019 except for the Dogs.

No Cowboys or Broncos visit.

GongPanther

Referee
Penrith Panthers

Teams they play twice: Eels, Knights, Wests Tigers, Titans, Sharks, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Warriors, Roosters.

Teams they play once: Storm, Sea Eagles, Dragons, Bulldogs, Broncos, Cowboys.

Day-by-day breakdown: Thursday - Three, Friday - Ten, Saturday - Six, Sunday – Five.

Five-day turnarounds: 0.

Kick-off: After being eliminated in the second round of the playoffs, Penrith's campaign to go further in 2019 will begin with three out of their first four matches on home turf, including a round-three sojourn to their west against the Storm in Bathurst. They also play three teams in the opening month who didn't make last year's playoffs so they have a golden opportunity to reverse their recent trend of slow starts to the season.

Toughest stretch: Rounds 5-9. Penrith for the most part have their tougher games and travel fairly well spread out through the season. There is a tricky spell from round five to nine in which they are at home just once, with two trips to Queensland and one to Wagga. The only home game in that spell is against a Rabbitohs side that finished third on the ladder last season while there is also a very tough trip to Shark Park in round six.

And another thing: The Penrith boys will get to spend plenty of time with each other on the Panther bus in 2019, especially early on, with road trips to Newcastle (round two), Bathurst (round three) and Wagga (round eight) plus five plane trips through the season to Brisbane (twice), Gold Coast, Auckland and Townsville.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/25/what-you-need-to-know-for-your-nrl-teams-2019-draw/

MrBlack

Juniors
From Sportal Website

https://www.nospam47.com/au/rugby-l...rs-ladder-fixtures/1frzkvdp14ywx1xzlpbb8p9qvq

Games against top eight sides: 12

Games against bottom eight sides: 13

Where life gets tough: Round 21-24 – Sharks (H), Broncos (A), Cowboys (A), Roosters (A)

Where life gets easy: Rounds 1-5 – Eels (H), Knights (A), Storm (H), Tigers (H), Titans (A)

Overall Ranking: B

According to them we have the 9th easiest (or is it 7th hardest) draw.

Lets see if the conspirators come out and say we have had a dream run again....

Panther_Daz

Staff member
From Sportal Website

https://www.nospam47.com/au/rugby-l...rs-ladder-fixtures/1frzkvdp14ywx1xzlpbb8p9qvq

Games against top eight sides: 12

Games against bottom eight sides: 13

Where life gets tough: Round 21-24 – Sharks (H), Broncos (A), Cowboys (A), Roosters (A)

Where life gets easy: Rounds 1-5 – Eels (H), Knights (A), Storm (H), Tigers (H), Titans (A)

Overall Ranking: B

According to them we have the 9th easiest (or is it 7th hardest) draw.

Lets see if the conspirators come out and say we have had a dream run again....

Hard to gauge how tough a draw is now. Teams that are meant to do well struggle and the other way around.

The past 3 years we have definitely had comfortable draws.

MrBlack

Juniors
Hard to gauge how tough a draw is now. Teams that are meant to do well struggle and the other way around.

The past 3 years we have definitely had comfortable draws.

Not by our own choosing. We cant help which teams improve and who goes backwards.

My main point here is that at best guess right now the draw is fair.

snickers007

Juniors
I'm really torn on the draw,

The good:
- 12 (9 at home) FTA games is huge for our sponsors and partners
- No short turn arounds
- Fair Origin period (only play Manly without Origin players, and they'll be just as impacted as us)
- All Sydney teams (excl Bulldogs) at home
- Even spread between 2018 Top8/Bottom8
- Big chance to start the season strong, 4 of first 5 games against Bottom 8 teams

The bad:
- No Saturday games at Penrith
- 7 home games Thurs/Fri. Not good for crowds. Though to be fair, our Thursday game is Easter weekend, and our Friday 6pm games are against interstate teams - and likely wouldn't attract great crowds anyway
- 4 trips to QLD, 1 to NZ, plus Wagga & Newcastle. Includes Wagga to Brisbane back to back, and Brisbane to Townsville back to back

As an out-of-towner (with a baby due at Easter), I'll probably only get to the Eels (maybe Tigers) home games this year. Might be able to sneak in the Knights game to finish the year if we're heading into the finals hot.

franklin2323

Immortal
Does the Club still request Sat night games as home games? It is the easiest for the majority to make. Yet we never get them. Atleast NQ and Newcastle are in the same boat

Blade23

Juniors
I would happily take 2 Thursday night games and shift them to Saturday night if I had my way.
I hate Thursday night games it doesn't feel right.
Still its a fair draw on the surface you can't have everything.

franklin2323

Immortal
I still don't see why every team doesn't get a couple in each Timeslot home games. Wasn't the NRL picking meant to even it up?