What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Draw

snickers007

Juniors
You'd have to be a moron to give away home advantage against Melbourne

It's more about getting the people of Bathurst interested. 2018 was marketed as a chance to see JT before he retired, 2019 will be about Smith. Nice little homecoming for Bellamy too.

Bathurst is not full of Panther fans, and they'll happily shun the game unless there is a superstar to watch.

And it's not like we'd sell out Penrith Stadium against the Storm either.

Good decision for mine

Wookies&Cream

Juniors
Our record in Bathurst is pretty good.
It's more about getting the people of Bathurst interested. 2018 was marketed as a chance to see JT before he retired, 2019 will be about Smith. Nice little homecoming for Bellamy too.

Bathurst is not full of Panther fans, and they'll happily shun the game unless there is a superstar to watch.

Good decision for mine

It also helps the cause making opposition have the longest travel time possible, Melbourne to Sydney, Sydney to Bathurst. Win win

Good decision for mine
Winning should be put before EVERYTHING else

murraymob

Coach
Reality check .The Bathurst crowd will be no lower than if it is held in Penrith. .We are seen as going to a country reginal area developing the game Bonus the game is partly funded by Bathurst. I prefer keeping the money games where we get big crowds at Penrith so we have a ground that can make us money

TheFrog

Coach
Reality check .The Bathurst crowd will be no lower than if it is held in Penrith.
I'm all for the Bathurst game but surely we can get better than 10,000 at Penrith on a Saturday night against any side. The ground at Bathurst could really use some work because I'm sure this event could get 15,000 if the ground was up to it.

Bathurst is not full of Panther fans

Maybe not, but they're trying to change that, and Orange, Dubbo and Mudgee are relatively nearby. It takes the same time to get from Dubbo to Bathurst as it takes from Penrith to the SFS.

Last edited:

Panfa

Juniors
We haven't played the storm at penrith for yrs and now we have the chance to and we take it to bathurst dear o dear

GongPanther

Referee
Hard to understand why they would give us a 4pm kick off for round 1 considering it will probably be 35 degrees, a 7.30pm kick off (on a Saturday) would have made more sense.
38 degrees at 5 p.m. the day we played Souths in rnd 2. The NRL have to re-schedule some of these matches. The climate seems to be getting hotter as years go by,and it's just a matter of time before you have players dropping like flies.

unKwn

Juniors
Club will have mixed feelings.

Sponsors will be happy with the Draw so hopefully can get some increased revenue from that.

However the club does make a lot of money from patronage at the Leagues Club before and after Saturday games in particular.
when will the draw be released?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Club will have mixed feelings.

Sponsors will be happy with the Draw so hopefully can get some increased revenue from that.

However the club does make a lot of money from patronage at the Leagues Club before and after Saturday games in particular.

Thanks for your update Daz. I get the feeling a fair bit of free to air games by the sound of it.

If Sponsors are happy, I suppose the club will be happy.

I do hear what your saying about Saturday nights though regarding the club. Friday nights and Sundays can be good earners for them too.

Just hope there are not too many Thursday night, Friday 6pm games. These ones seem to be the killer for a communter suburb like Penrith.

GongPanther

Referee
Thanks for your update Daz. I get the feeling a fair bit of free to air games by the sound of it.

If Sponsors are happy, I suppose the club will be happy.

I do hear what your saying about Saturday nights though regarding the club. Friday nights and Sundays can be good earners for them too.

Just hope there are not too many Thursday night, Friday 6pm games. These ones seem to be the killer for a communter suburb like Penrith.
I hoping we get our fair share of FTA games as I got rid of Foxtel because there was no reason to over pay for just the football,although this season I thought we had more FTA games than usual. I'll simply listen to the radio which I was used to from my younger days before live games became the norm.

tripster

Juniors
Hopefully not too many Friday night games. They are next to impossible for me to make it to, unless I take half a day off work. Have already brought my membership for next year.

Latest posts