What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW1 Fri - Roosters 30-6 Rabbitohs @ SCG

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
If your mob didn’t take the blood money selling their souls to news Corp, you’d have kept Freddy.

Don’t blame us for your club’s disgraceful management
Wrong...during the superleague war, nobody wanted us. It wasn't until a final hour meeting between Penrith and NEWS LTD that we showed them our plan on how we could be relevant. Gould was an instigator for the ARL side of things in signing up clubs,players,etc, and didn't want a bar of us.

As far as I'm concerned, the ARL was waiting for the war to settle down, so the rest of the ARL or Parramatta could absorb what was left of the Penrith carcass. NEWS LTD gave Penrith a lifeline (7 clubs signed with SL on the 20th April. Penrith 2 weeks later on the 3rd of May) , and a lot of ppl in Penrith haven't forgot when the ARL left them high and dry.

Panthers were like a shag on a rock at that time, and it was unnerving as nobody was taking interest at all with our clubs future on the chopping block.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Would not be surprised at all to see Bennett pack it in and endorse Demetriou as his successor once Souffs are out. He looks like he's had it.

Bowzy

Juniors
What’s the go with Penrith fans having a sook whenever the Roosters win? You guys have a plethora of juniors to pick from and one of, if not the most profitable leagues club backing your club. Yet you want to sit here and have a sook about the Roosters lol.

Valheru

Coach
What’s the go with Penrith fans having a sook whenever the Roosters win? You guys have a plethora of juniors to pick from and one of, if not the most profitable leagues club backing your club. Yet you want to sit here and have a sook about the Roosters lol.

They're an odd breed.

It is our fault their team is shit apparently.

They have this perception we keep taking their players but I can't remember a decent junior we have taken from them since Freddy and that was over 2 decades ago.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Roosters 30 Rabbitohs 6:

Hot Chooks roast Rabbitohs to go through to Preliminary Final
Sam Bourke | September 13 2019 10:16PM

Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs

The defending premiers have thrashed the Rabbitohs 30-6 and sent a clear message out to the NRL - the Roosters are bigger, better and faster than in 2018, and will take some stopping if they aren't to become the first side since the Broncos sides of the 1990's to go back to back.

In a six tries to one demolition, it was the Rabbitohs former premiership five-eighth Luke Keary who terrorised his former side, having a hand in three tries, with four line break assists for the Tricolours. Last year's Clive Churchill medallist was ably assisted by NSW's current Brad Fittler medallist in James Tedesco who was again superb for the superstar side.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34111-roosters-v-rabbitohs-report/

Mr Spock!

Referee
That’ll play out like this battle did. Melbourne will win the match that matters
Dunno.

I thought this would happen after the Roosters raped the Rabbits in the semis last year.

There's not much to shutting the Rabbits attack down (hint:Walker and Cook).

big hit!

Bench
Dunno.

I thought this would happen after the Roosters raped the Rabbits in the semis last year.

There's not much to shutting the Rabbits attack down (hint:Walker and Cook).

There’s that, but look at the Rabbitohs outside backs in this match - Allan, Graham, Roberts, Douehi... doesn’t say finals winners to me. Defence on the left side was deplorable tonight. Lost it here in the first 20 mins.

Canberra have got the match up they think they want because they beat them, and that’s what any one is thinking about. Remember Melbourne got a start on them a few weeks back. Storm won’t let them back this time if that happens which I think it will again and blow out

TheFrog

Coach
if penrith weren't admitted into the competition in 1967, they may never have been in a first grade comp
The NSWRL at the time wanted Wentworthville, that suburb 2km from Parramatta. Pretty much on the grounds that Wentworthville had won the second division every year since it started and Penrith was somewhere out near Wilcannia, accessible only by a 4 day trip by horse and cart. It took a concerted campaign to change their mind. Shortsightedness in this game is not new. A couple of weeks after Penrith was announced as the new first division team, they won the 1966 second division GF over Wentworthville.

Last edited: