What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW1 Fri - Roosters 30-6 Rabbitohs @ SCG

Finals Week 1: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDMC

Bench
That game was mud.

An aside, Tedesco is better than RTS because he plays for the Roosters or just because he is Australian? or is actually better, if so why. So many unanswered questions.

Spot On

Coach
Yeah, sounds grim. He admitted picking Douehi to play wing was a mistake.

That was the least of their problems. Nice attempt at declection from Old Wayno.

He was outcoached and his side was outgunned.

Roosters literally bombed at least 3 first half tries by dropping the ball over the line last week and should have led by close to 30 in that match by half time too.

Throwing Douehi under the bus was piss poor from Bennett. Adding one of the worst defenders in the comp (Gagai) will not help their back line defensive issues. Playing Cam Murray in the centres might.

ram raid

Bench
That game was mud.

An aside, Tedesco is better than RTS because he plays for the Roosters or just because he is Australian? or is actually better, if so why. So many unanswered questions.

Teddy is the 'ít-boy' at the moment. He plays for the best team, and he's the best player in that team. But I don't think he's fundamentally better than RTS, Tommy Turbo or Ponga. If you put any of those players at the back for the Roosters they'd be on the front page after every game. The way that club is managed they probably will all play for the Roosters in a few years heh.

Valheru

Coach
Teddy is the 'ít-boy' at the moment. He plays for the best team, and he's the best player in that team. But I don't think he's fundamentally better than RTS, Tommy Turbo or Ponga. If you put any of those players at the back for the Roosters they'd be on the front page after every game. The way that club is managed they probably will all play for the Roosters in a few years heh.

Well RTS has already played for us.

Teddy is certainly better than Ponga, there is absolutely no debate.

The other two are a much closer run things.

Turbo is more flexible, I don't think Teddy would do any good on the wing or at centre. IMO as a pure fallback Teddy is superior, his defensive positioning is second to none.

RTS is a tough one because he is in a shit team at the moment. In 2015 he dominated at the roosters like Teddy is now. Probably too close to call who is better out of those two.

ram raid

Bench
Well RTS has already played for us.

Teddy is certainly better than Ponga, there is absolutely no debate.

The other two are a much closer run things.

Turbo is more flexible, I don't think Teddy would do any good on the wing or at centre. IMO as a pure fallback Teddy is superior, his defensive positioning is second to none.

RTS is a tough one because he is in a shit team at the moment. In 2015 he dominated at the roosters like Teddy is now. Probably too close to call who is better out of those two.

I'm prepared to argue that Ponga is as good as Teddy. Not in the sense that he is as good at this moment; Obviously if they both retired tomorrow Teddy would have a greater legacy. But that's just one way to approach it.

People forget how ordinary Teddy was when he first went to the Roosters. For two thirds of last season everybody was asking when the Roosters were finally going to 'click', He emerged as the best fullback in the game congruently with the Roosters becoming the best team. So it's hard to separate one from another. You might argue that Teddy won games by himself at the Tigers, but Ponga has done that for his club too (and RTS and Turbo).

Ponga is also 6 years younger.

If you look at it from the perspective that the market decides what you are worth, I don't think Teddy would necessarily cost more than Ponga on the open market.

We're living in an era of superstar fullbacks. I find it really hard to separate those 'big four', as you can make arguments for all of them.

TheFrog

Coach
Teddy is the 'ít-boy' at the moment. He plays for the best team, and he's the best player in that team.
He's bulked up and with it has improved his ability to break tackles. He's still got the footwork as well but maybe has lost a tiny bit of speed, but not much. He's certainly had a tremendous year and is more dangerous than ever working with a seriously sharp backline. In saying that I think they should have given the Fittler medal to someone else, since he already won the Wally. One player shouldn't win both.

But I don't think he's fundamentally better than RTS, Tommy Turbo or Ponga. If you put any of those players at the back for the Roosters they'd be on the front page after every game. The way that club is managed they probably will all play for the Roosters in a few years heh.

Meant as a joke but it's on the cards they'll get one of them or whoever is the latest and greatest when the time comes to push Teddy aside. It's not so much the club's management but the NRL's management that is the problem here. They think it's good for the game to have super clubs that no-one can compete with but I don't think it is.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
JWH done for tripping. He won't get off this time. No wonder the Roosters want rid of him, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

ram raid

Bench
He's bulked up and with it has improved his ability to break tackles. He's still got the footwork as well but maybe has lost a tiny bit of speed, but not much. He's certainly had a tremendous year and is more dangerous than ever working with a seriously sharp backline. In saying that I think they should have given the Fittler medal to someone else, since he already won the Wally. One player shouldn't win both.

Meant as a joke but it's on the cards they'll get one of them or whoever is the latest and greatest when the time comes to push Teddy aside. It's not so much the club's management but the NRL's management that is the problem here. They think it's good for the game to have super clubs that no-one can compete with but I don't think it is.

I don't think so. The NRL has done everything they can to equalise teams. But the good clubs have forged a point of difference by being smarter. Part of it has to do with money, but it's not just that. Brisbane is a rich club but not a successful club (recently). The Roosters and Storm are lessons in how professionalism at the top has a trickle down effect, from the CEO to the coach, the players, recruitment, the ball boys and girls, it all runs like a finally tune machine. The Panthers I think were also an example well run club, but obviously it went bad somewhere this year.

Danish

Referee
Are you serious you inbred merkin?

Did you see the blokes face after JWH took his f**king head off?

Must have been some hit to give him a cut on the eye after making contact with the back of his head.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, could that have been from the head clash with another tackler?

bull rider

Juniors
Must have been some hit to give him a cut on the eye after making contact with the back of his head.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, could that have been from the head clash with another tackler?

What does that have to do with how crook he was you f**king spastic?

Mr Spock!

Referee
I don't think so. The NRL has done everything they can to equalise teams. But the good clubs have forged a point of difference by being smarter. Part of it has to do with money, but it's not just that. Brisbane is a rich club but not a successful club (recently). The Roosters and Storm are lessons in how professionalism at the top has a trickle down effect, from the CEO to the coach, the players, recruitment, the ball boys and girls, it all runs like a finally tune machine. The Panthers I think were also an example well run club, but obviously it went bad somewhere this year.
Roosters are a great club but as pointed out they almost have a team of internationals and SOO stars.

Sure some teams have signed nuffies like Milford, Bird and Taylor to million dollar contracts but not all.

The salary cap was meant to stop clubs becoming like the Broncos in the 90s which fielded a SOO team every week.

bull rider

Juniors
Roosters are a great club but as pointed out they almost have a team of internationals and SOO stars.

Sure some teams have signed nuffies like Milford, Bird and Taylor to million dollar contracts but not all.

The salary cap was meant to stop clubs becoming like the Broncos in the 90s which fielded a SOO team every week.

Wasnt very effective. Did you see the team the roosters rolled out last night?

The unknown

Juniors

Teddys origin series proved he was the best to me. And last year's "billy Slater series" aswell.

You don't win back to back Brad Fitler medals by fluke. And i should be a bitter tigers fan saying he's shit

It's one thing to play in a team full of stars, but it's another to actually be the number #1 go to in that team full of stars