What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW3 Fri - Raiders 16-10 Rabbitohs @ GIO

Finals Week 3: Raiders v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Souths attack was seriously awful. If Roosters win tomorrow they will beat the Raiders. If Storm win I think the Raiders will be premiers. I can't believe I just said that.

I think we would need to improve quite a lot to stand a chance but still you never know.

nick87

Coach
Fuuuuuuccccccccckkkkk yesssssssss!!!!!!

For twenty years I've sat in that concrete shithole and put up with cold miserable weather, Matthew Elliott, miserable fans, Jarrod Croker, shit food that tastes like regret, Alan Tongue, overpriced dirt car parks, Jason Bulgarelli, racist f**ks in bay 26, David Furner, pant pissers on Action buses...

And now we're in the f**kin' Grand Final!

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

we’ve paid our f**king dues
This fan base deserves this

GAZF

First Grade
I think we would need to improve quite a lot to stand a chance but still you never know.
Watching the game live, we looked to have lost the plot in the back 20 of the first half - dropped ball, lack of urgency from the scrum, too many strip attempts, and (most importantly) an inability to mount pressure with repeat sets. We really should have put the foot down during that period. Of course, possession swung in the second half and the game became unnecessarily close.

The Roosters or Storm will run away with it unless these issues aren't addressed. Can't just rely on individual performances like Papalii's monster effort tonight. Proper game management and keeping the ball out of our end like 2 weeks back will be critical. I'm confident we'll work on these issues. Hopefully we can also overcome the occasion and make a contest of it.

Bought GF tix last weekend and couldn't be happier to have made the right call.

bileduct

Coach
Croker has been terrible. Im finding it hard to defend him anymore
How about his dummy half play after Wighton made that break towards the end of the first half. There's four Raiders to his left and only two defenders, and there's Rapana to his right and four defenders. He goes to Rapana. Next play he's at dummy half again, there's no Raiders to his right. He goes right, and by the time he figures out nobody is there the defence is already on top of the guys to his left.

The attack does his side is just insipid. He doesn't really create anything. He has no step, no evasiveness, just a straight, predictable run into the defence where he is usually smashed or throws an impossible ball to his winger.

He's long past his expiry date.

azza29

Juniors
Well done Raiders, if the Storm don’t get up tomorrow I’ll be cheering you on next weekend.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
How about his dummy half play after Wighton made that break towards the end of the first half. There's four Raiders to his left and only two defenders, and there's Rapana to his right and four defenders. He goes to Rapana. Next play he's at dummy half again, there's no Raiders to his right. He goes right, and by the time he figures out nobody is there the defence is already on top of the guys to his left.

The attack does his side is just insipid. He doesn't really create anything. He has no step, no evasiveness, just a straight, predictable run into the defence where he is usually smashed or throws an impossible ball to his winger.

He's long past his expiry date.
As I said, it's hard to defend him. He should be stepping up in these pressure situations as a 200+ game leader. But he's crumbling at the moment.

I really hope he steps up next week and repays the faith the club and fans have had in him.

bileduct

Coach
Holy shit, when Adam Reynolds took that intercept I just sat down in my seat and closed my eyes waiting for the try that thankfully never came. I didn't realise CNK got 10 in the bin until watching the replay just now!

I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that for the final 10 minutes.

jack coburn

Juniors
Gee raiders looked rusty after the week off. Will be better next week. Think they will play the storm and have every state behind them bar vic. Gee papalli is an absolute beast. Best prop in the comp. roosters won’t match storm forwards but raiders will