What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

beave

Coach
re: roosters away, white writing on the comp logo on a white jersey, well done whoever the dumb merkin was that allowed that to happen.

AJB1102

First Grade
The logo, while soulless, is not much of a problem. It integrates - but should it? Should the competition logo blend in while Neds and Crown stick out like dogs balls?

Just the text which seems to be considered necessary (obviously don't believe the logo says enough) but isn't able to be seen or read. It's like a cheap, shit compromise was reached.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Hahaha, im sure the original appeal of the new logo was "seamless integration" with each clubs jumpers. For anyone who ever asked for the logo to match club colours, this is what you get!!!

I still dont have a problem with the new logo, but the colouring is shit. Either go with a basic *White design on black Shield* or the as some comp colours.

But i think we have all officially learned that matching the comp logo to club colours is an asshole of an idea...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This (and its white inverse on a black shield) would've sufficed, without the text.

nrl-premiership-badge.svg

GAZF

First Grade
This (and its white inverse on a black shield) would've sufficed, without the text.

nrl-premiership-badge.svg
This with a black keyline, in differing colours by season would better tie the jerseys into the "brand flexibility" they're going for.

sempmrh

Juniors
I like the Telstra Premiership logo, especially some of the sample applications we’ve seen. However, the way it’s being used on jerseys is very poor and basically undoes any of the positives from how it’s being or will be used elsewhere.

What I really don’t like is how it doesn’t fit in with the rest of the NRL’s branding. I know that that’s the point but if they wanted a simplified look all they needed to do was flatten all the elements of the existing Telstra Premiership logo and basically make it look more like the Women’s Premiership logo.

The Marshall

Juniors
Could they move the the Telstra logo up so its in line with the shield then move the chevrons up a few centimetres to allow the text to be inside the shield? Or would it be too crowded?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Could they move the the Telstra logo up so its in line with the shield then move the chevrons up a few centimetres to allow the text to be inside the shield? Or would it be too crowded?
Too crowded, and moving the Telstra logo up would make it look even more weird.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I think they were REALLY trying to avoid that.

I think the want the logo to be an image and the text to be entirely separate. If you pu the text inside the shield, it ruin that effect.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
would be perfect, all it needs to say is NRL. its said that for 20 years..

Recognition of images and recognition of text use very different parts of the brain.

- Image recognition (like seeing faces) has been with us since we were fish. It is right at the back of the brain, and it inspires a very emotional/primal response.

- Reading is a very new skill (and not even strictly natural to the brain). The processes involved jump all over the brain. Basically, it takes a long time to process and (while the information is more specific) it does not have the same emotional base.

I think this is the idea of the new logo; remove the words and teach fans to associate the game to an image. The wordmark "NRL Premiership" is necessary if people want to know what to search, but that is deliberately small and separate from the image.