What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

grouch

First Grade
I think they will have something painted in the in goals. See recent tweet by ANZ Stadium account

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
EGJcaz-VAAAhmdW

EGJPQmNUwAAfkTb

Yep - must have been waiting til today given the weather over the last few days.

Coloured in goals with team names!

(photos via ANZ Stadium Twitter)

beave

Coach
Painting green grass green........ ;-P

The ironic thing is the plain grass actually looks more like the traditional Raiders green than the paint they’re using

gzerounian

Juniors
Probably don't mark the field for GF day anymore because the day is officially a GF double-header with the NRLW GF, and having two competition logos plus four club logos (or more to the point, should the same club qualify for the mens and womens GF, working out how to get only three club logos painted without it looking stupid) just would look confusing.

I was thinking recently, to get around the GF badge issue, they could use this one, or a variation of it, from their recent marketing:
thegrandfinals_linear_nav.svg

I do miss the days of club logos / colours being painted (not superimposed) onto the GF pitch, but I guess those days are gone unless the same two clubs play in both the mens and womens GFs on the same day.
I'm sorry its outrageous to have the NRLW grand final (a four week competition with four teams) on equal billing as the the NRL grand final and promote the day as a double header. If my comments make me a sexist then so be it. I am comfortable knowing that I am actually not sexist. In my opinion it's political correctness gone mad to satisfy a vocal minority. Bring back all three grades and a daytime grand final.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm sorry its outrageous to have the NRLW grand final (a four week competition with four teams) on equal billing as the the NRL grand final and promote the day as a double header. If my comments make me a sexist then so be it. I am comfortable knowing that I am actually not sexist. In my opinion it's political correctness gone mad to satisfy a vocal minority. Bring back all three grades and a daytime grand final.
I don't think you're sexist but I do think what you're saying is full of rubbish, in particular the last line.

I don't see how (and I haven't heard anybody til now) suggest daring to have the NRLW GF on the NRL GF day is somehow "political correctness gone mad" or satisfying a vocal minority.

It's simple business - adding to the product, tapping into new markets.

As for the "bring back all three grades" - the ongoing problem with that is the fact we have TWO reserve grade competitions and TWO under 20s competitions.

It's also not 1990 anymore.

I don't think you're sexist but I do think what you're saying is full of rubbish, in particular the last line.

I don't see how (and I haven't heard anybody til now) suggest daring to have the NRLW GF on the NRL GF day is somehow "political correctness gone mad" or satisfying a vocal minority.

As for the "bring back all three grades" - the ongoing problem with that is the fact we have TWO reserve grade competitions and TWO under 20s competitions.

Good enough reason for me. Seems like AFL have far more female fans than us. Anything we can do to address this is okay by me.

gzerounian

Juniors

I have no problem having the NRLW on grand final day, only with the way it has been promoted as a "double header" this year (what about State Championship? ) and as "Grand Finals" plural in some places. My response was also in context to the suggestion that there would need to be 4 emblems painted onto the field to accommodate for the NRLW grand finalists and to the suggestion that both the NRL and NRLW logos be painted onto the field with the words "The Grand Finals". I wasn't a fan of the under 20's comp (poor defence and clubs using different jerseys to first grade) but what I did like about it was that every NRL club had to enter a team (yes just like 1990) and even if you didn't watch any games all year, you would still sit and watch the grand final. I look forward to a time when the NRLW is a 16 team competition and I applaud the NRL for not rushing this process but we can't pretend that we are there yet after only 2 years and 4 clubs.

Timmah

Staff member
I have no problem having the NRLW on grand final day, only with the way it has been promoted as a "double header" this year (what about State Championship? ) and as "Grand Finals" plural in some places. My response was also in context to the suggestion that there would need to be 4 emblems painted onto the field to accommodate for the NRLW grand finalists and to the suggestion that both the NRL and NRLW logos be painted onto the field with the words "The Grand Finals". I wasn't a fan of the under 20's comp (poor defence and clubs using different jerseys to first grade) but what I did like about it was that every NRL club had to enter a team (yes just like 1990) and even if you didn't watch any games all year, you would still sit and watch the grand final. I look forward to a time when the NRLW is a 16 team competition and I applaud the NRL for not rushing this process but we can't pretend that we are there yet after only 2 years and 4 clubs.
I mean this respectfully, please consider paragraphs next time.

To rebutt:
  • Why is "The Grand Finals" an issue?
  • Ok, so you got worked up and had a rant about somebody's speculation, rather than waiting for the facts to come to light?
  • I don't understand why you can't still "sit and watch the Grand Final". What's wrong with the women's game?

gzerounian

Juniors
I mean this respectfully, please consider paragraphs next time.

To rebutt:
  • Why is "The Grand Finals" an issue?
  • Ok, so you got worked up and had a rant about somebody's speculation, rather than waiting for the facts to come to light?
  • I don't understand why you can't still "sit and watch the Grand Final". What's wrong with the women's game?

1. Because it's a 3 week regular competition compared to 25 week one but yes I concede it's not that big an issue in the big scheme of things.

2. I get worked up prematurely when I really shouldn't.

3. I am watching it and can't wait for my club to be involved in it one day. (I was also at North Sydney Oval for state of origin too)

As bad as the women's Broncos jersey is I think its still better than the current men's home jersey. Maybe needs a deeper V or yellow sleeves

Timmah

Staff member
1. Because it's a 3 week regular competition compared to 25 week one but yes I concede it's not that big an issue in the big scheme of things.

2. I get worked up prematurely when I really shouldn't.

3. I am watching it and can't wait for my club to be involved in it one day. (I was also at North Sydney Oval for state of origin too)

As bad as the women's Broncos jersey is I think its still better than the current men's home jersey. Maybe needs a deeper V or yellow sleeves
The yellow vee is definitely way too high, looks unnatural for a footy jersey.

I still don't like the Dragons side panels either - would prefer they went the Roosters route and just had the same jersey as the men's side.

That said, love the Warriors' jersey this season after last year's purple debacle.

gzerounian

Juniors
The yellow vee is definitely way too high, looks unnatural for a footy jersey.

I still don't like the Dragons side panels either - would prefer they went the Roosters route and just had the same jersey as the men's side.

That said, love the Warriors' jersey this season after last year's purple debacle.
The roosters look stunning. The others look like the under 20s jerseys I was talking about earlier.

yakstorm

First Grade
Wonder if Australias 9s jersey will have sponsors?

They'll possibly still have Holden on the lower back and VB on the shorts like last year's Tests and the 2017 RLWC.

If England is any indicator, then they'll also have Downer on one sleeve and the Jillaroos will continue to have Harvey Norman on the front.