What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Nuke

Staff member
Am I the only one a little disappointed that the Kangaroos 9s team don't have something along the lines of the Jillaroos or even maybe something like the PM's XIII jersey? I felt the 9s could be an opportunity to go with something with a more gold-dominant design. For starters, it'd set it apart from the traditional bottle-green with double-gold chevrons design, but it'd then also allow the ARL to rake in more fans' money from a vastly different jersey that they could buy. Kinda like in cricket: Test vs ODI vs Twenty20 kits.

Okay, yes, they have gone with something a little different to usual, but I dunno ... it's missed the mark in my eyes.

Incidentally, does anyone know where one can purchase a Jillaroos test jersey from in male sizes? Again, the 9s design, while perhaps better executed than the Kangaroos, still doesn't quite hit the mark properly to me, and the only Jillaroos test-style jersey I can find online is in womens cut. Thanks!

gzerounian

Juniors
Am I the only one a little disappointed that the Kangaroos 9s team don't have something along the lines of the Jillaroos or even maybe something like the PM's XIII jersey? I felt the 9s could be an opportunity to go with something with a more gold-dominant design. For starters, it'd set it apart from the traditional bottle-green with double-gold chevrons design, but it'd then also allow the ARL to rake in more fans' money from a vastly different jersey that they could buy. Kinda like in cricket: Test vs ODI vs Twenty20 kits.

Okay, yes, they have gone with something a little different to usual, but I dunno ... it's missed the mark in my eyes.

Incidentally, does anyone know where one can purchase a Jillaroos test jersey from in male sizes? Again, the 9s design, while perhaps better executed than the Kangaroos, still doesn't quite hit the mark properly to me, and the only Jillaroos test-style jersey I can find online is in womens cut. Thanks!
Not Jillaroos jersey but as close as you will get from Canterbury store
Screenshot_20191018_081256.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors

I agree. This is the current rugby 7s jersey
Screenshot_20191018_081645.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
Jillaroos jersey looks ordinary on field. They should have just worn their actual jersey like they used to do at the Auckland 9s.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Kangaroos

EHWsR2FU8AA0tPm

Junior Kangaroos

EHWt2x1UcAALZGG

Via twitter.com/storm

greenBV4

Bench
They’re all the same - they’re just pulled up to different lengths, bunched up differently or folded over exposing more gold.
Its just being nit-picky but you'd think they'd make them clean up their look (and by look I mean having their socks all worn the same way) for a team photo, it only takes a minute and it is a uniform after all. Ponga doesn't even have his shoelaces tied up..

Arucard

Juniors
Its just being nit-picky but you'd think they'd make them clean up their look (and by look I mean having their socks all worn the same way) for a team photo, it only takes a minute and it is a uniform after all. Ponga doesn't even have his shoelaces tied up..
That's a really weird thing to be worried about.... lol

LineBall

Juniors

Pretty much sums Ponga up. Too casual for his own good.

sempmrh

Juniors
For a team photo they should all have their socks pulled up properly. Unfortunately the ship has sailed on socks pulled up for games but I’m sure they can be ‘uncomfortable’ for five minutes.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Na, that Canterbury template is horrible. Makes the jerseys look cheap.

I'd actually like to see a modernised version of the maroon and blue striped Australian jersey adopted as our 9s kit in future years.

gzerounian

Juniors
The Junior Kangaroos side has origin players in it who would not be out of place in the actual Kangaroos side. On one hand I think it's a great initiative to raise the junior kangaroos age to 23 as it will be awesome to watch star players that we all know from the NRL. On the other hand you can argue that it takes away a pathway opportunity for younger players (who may have been in the Australian Schoolboys team) to represent their country before they have become household names, like when it used to be when it was under 19's. As a spectator though, I can't wait to see the France game if its going to be televised. Maybe they should just call them Australia A. Their jersey also doesn't look that bad. The shorter V makes more sense on this jersey as there is a colour change on the shoulder.

Latest posts