What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

gzerounian

Juniors
Absolutely delicious jersey. Well done to them. Even the chest sponsor looks awesome..just looks like a singed jersey. Without sounding like I'm nitpicking, I would love to see the stripes on the bottom half closer to white than grey.

I have no doubt that ideas and feedback in forums like this are now being taken more seriously and closely examined by clubs when implementing jerseys.

Frailty

First Grade

Honestly, he said this less than a week ago. He is a compulsive liar - if you're the board, surely you can not trust ANYTHING he says.

Bazlad

Juniors
Some points on the Penrith jersey:

- the sponsor intergration of hertz has improved significantly. It really puts Penrith closer to the roosters in terms of great intergration. Still not sold on the use of plus on the oak sponsorship. I understand why, but still not needed.

- the use of a stand alone panthers logo. I really do think the panthers logo and brand can become similar to how the rabbitohs use their logo. The removal of 'panthers' decluters the jersey.

- the nrl logo works well because of the design of the jersey. There are no lines moving through the jersey. And black works well on both home and away.

- the removal of the tapering of the three colours. Just gives the jersey a mature look going forward.

Overall just really stoked Penrith finally have a jersey that really represents the area.

callmack1

Staff member
First bit of 2019 Souths gear has dropped but this is is all we have so far, I'm so excited!!

s-l1600-jpg.24957

I love it, looks awesome!

Also confirms Alcatel as the new main sponsor and I think it also suggests that P&O may be stepping up into a main sponsor position too.

Nuke

Staff member
Penrith have done well, as have most other clubs, with their 2019 jerseys.
My only concern is that in that white jersey reveal image, you can see the shorts that accompany the white jersey are also white. Presumable the socks will also be majority white.

That's a lot of white. My concern is that it's too much white.

Remember that mostly gold Brisbane kit several years ago? They paired the yellow jersey with yellow shorts and resembled the Brisbane Canaries. Everyone hated the jersey as it was 'too yellow', but had they remained with maroon shorts, the overall kit would have looked WAY better and it would have looked pretty good.
I fear this all-white Penrith kit may have that similar vibe. I reckon keep the black shorts for both kits, but I will happily be proved wrong once we all see them on the field.

GAZF

First Grade
- the use of a stand alone panthers logo. I really do think the panthers logo and brand can become similar to how the rabbitohs use their logo. The removal of 'panthers' decluters the jersey.

My dislike for the execution aside, I don't think the Panthers logo has the impact of the Rabbitohs logo to warrant using it without a wordmark. Its only point of contrast from the jersey body is the thin keyline and the shape is complex with more "thin" sections compared with a big white rabbit.

If you're going down that route, you better make the logo stand out on the jersey and both the Panthers and Rabbitohs (black logo version) fail to do this.

gzerounian

Juniors
Disclaimer: by no means am I implying that any of these mockups are improvements...in fact in trying to improve the jersey I am convinced now that they have got it 100% correct the way it is. I'm just having a bit of fun with it that's all.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 9.22.33 am.png

gzerounian

Juniors
Damn it now I want an oak
Im assuming they go with promoting the "plus" as its a protein shake rather than just a milkshake. Two birds with one stone...they are still getting their message to the normal milkshake drinkers while also appealing to gym junkies.