What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
Disclaimer: by no means am I implying that any of these mockups are improvements...in fact in trying to improve the jersey I am convinced now that they have got it 100% correct the way it is. I'm just having a bit of fun with it that's all.

View attachment 24962
I've got something near identical to the top left on my pc at home. It allows the jersey to be white while still maintaining the key characteristics of the home jersey.

grouch

First Grade
Never forget

kevin-kingston-of-the-sharks-in-action-during-the-round-14-nrl-match-picture-id71171148

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Disclaimer: by no means am I implying that any of these mockups are improvements...in fact in trying to improve the jersey I am convinced now that they have got it 100% correct the way it is. I'm just having a bit of fun with it that's all.

View attachment 24962
The bottom two look pretty much bang-on updates of the 1991 strip.

But agreed also that the official ones for 2019 are pretty damn good. Clean designs ftw

sempmrh

Juniors
First bit of 2019 Souths gear has dropped but this is is all we have so far, I'm so excited!!

s-l1600-jpg.24957

I love it, looks awesome!

Also confirms Alcatel as the new main sponsor and I think it also suggests that P&O may be stepping up into a main sponsor position too.
I don’t know if it necessarily confirms Alcatel as being Souths’ new major sponsor since Alcatel has been prominent on training gear for years. Having multiple Alcatel logos is curious though so you could be right.

I like when lower level sponsors upgrade their partnerships. To me, keeping and building on a commercial partnership for the long term is a good look because it suggests stability. I’ve been making a mental list of sponsors Storm has - ones already on apparel and less visible ones - and there’s a few good options there when it comes to how a logo would look on a jersey.

wazdog

Juniors
I don’t know if it necessarily confirms Alcatel as being Souths’ new major sponsor since Alcatel has been prominent on training gear for years. Having multiple Alcatel logos is curious though so you could be right.

I like when lower level sponsors upgrade their partnerships. To me, keeping and building on a commercial partnership for the long term is a good look because it suggests stability. I’ve been making a mental list of sponsors Storm has - ones already on apparel and less visible ones - and there’s a few good options there when it comes to how a logo would look on a jersey.

Alcatel are now listed as a major partner on the clubs website so it looks like they’ve upgraded.

I’m not sure I like the look of the new training gear just yet. It reminds me of the home strip that Chelsea FC have. The stripes would look a lot better on a darker background IMO.

sempmrh

Juniors
Alcatel are now listed as a major partner on the clubs website so it looks like they’ve upgraded.

I’m not sure I like the look of the new training gear just yet. It reminds me of the home strip that Chelsea FC have. The stripes would look a lot better on a darker background IMO.
Ah, you're right. Disregard what I said, then.

The pattern on the training gear isn't too bad and is actually pretty good when you compare it to some of the sublimated designs other clubs have gotten across the ISC teams in both codes.

sempmrh

Juniors
I actually really liked that red dragon tattoo jersey. I'm not sure if that's an unpopular opinion or not.

Latest posts