What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ladder Predictions

Springs09

Juniors
1. Roosters
2. Dragons
3. Panthers
4. Broncos
5. Tigers
6. Rabbitohs
7. Storm
8. Knights

9. Sharks
10. Cowboys
11. Raiders
12. Warriors
13. Titans
14. Sea Eagles
15. Eels
16. Bulldogs

Can't see any way up for Eels/Dogs/Manly. Warriors are great for disappointing after a promising season. Sharks to go downhill as the salary cap ends their 'premiership window'. Tigers and Knights to improve on this year. Rabbitohs to slide as their coaching future becomes shaky. Storm to miss Slater and Smith to look too old. Broncos and Panthers to make top 4 without looking anything special. Dragons to leave their late-season fadeout until the finals. Roosters to dominate like 2017 Storm. And all this to be wrong.

GongPanther

Referee
1/ Sharks ( With the squad they have,and the younger talent at their disposal,the Sharks will be one tough nut to crack)

2/ Storm (Too talented a squad to leave out of the top 4)

3/ Panthers ( Will be a more mature and experienced squad. Should improve on last year's ladder standing,providing the injuries don't sink in...again)

4/ Manly ( Hasler's return will definitely be the tonic for the Manly players and fans. IMO should be into the top 8 without too much trouble)

5/ Roosters ( When you win a premiership,EVERYONE will be out to get you. They should be ready for some treatment especially from Souths)

6/ Raiders ( The Raiders finished in brilliant form to leave their fans pondering a "what if we won those less than 6 point losses?" summation. Will definitely be in the top 8,and maybe surprise and jag a top 4 spot)

7/ Bulldogs ( Dogs have recruited well in the off season,and have a very dependable reserve grade side. Will carry on from were they finished off last season's form. A huge danger in the 2019 finals)

8/ Tigers ( Hopefully Cleary stays and gets the Tigers into the finals to leave a solid platform for the next coach take over.Might sneak in the top eight)

9/ Warriors (Still went missing as per usual in the business end of the season in the finals. This will affect them mentally,but will still win their fair share of games)

10/ Rabbitohs (Good squad,but it's not 2014 anymore,but they'll turn up for the Easts match)

11/ Cowboys (A toss of the coin.Could finish either top 4,or bottom 4. Players may as well have an extended holiday while they are up there)

12/ Dragons ( A nuisance side who will either carry on from their late season form,or capitulate into a steaming mire. An enigma I can't really bet on)

13/ Knights ( Will be winning a few more games with Pierce hopefully uninjured. Every chance of getting into the top 8 if luck falls their way.)

14/ Titans (If Cartwright can snap out of the trance he is in,the Titans will be competitive)

15/ Broncos (Bennett's last chance...with that,there will be unsettling within the ranks which might tear this club apart)

16/ Eels (A wait and see side.Doubtful they'll get above .300)

In 2019 it will end up:

1. Sydney Roosters
2. South Sydney Rabbitohs

The rest is murky.

Panthers are the NRL's most overrated side. They are losing star utility Tyrone Peachey.

I expect that Canberra, with the injection of Englishmen John Bateman and Ryan Sutton, both from the powerful Wigan club, will probably make the top 8.

Newcastle will improve and be in playoff contention.

Melbourne will be in the top 8, as will Cronulla and Brisbane.

The New Zealand Warriors will also be in the top 8, and could well be knocking on the door of a top 4 position.

Valheru

Coach
In 2019 it will end up:

1. Sydney Roosters

The rest is murky.

Panthers are the NRL's most overrated side. They are losing star utility Tyrone Peachey.

I expect that Canberra, with the injection of Englishmen John Bateman and Ryan Sutton, both from the powerful Wigan club, will probably make the top 8.

The New Zealand Warriors will also be in the top 8, and could well be knocking on the door of a top 4 position.

Thanks Albert but your posts in threads like this really need a spoiler tag, it preserves suspense.

some11

Referee
99% of these will be the exact same as last years except for the posters team improving their position.

Every year 3-4 teams that made the 8 miss out the next year. That won’t change in 2019.
Should just be who do you think will improve/regress.

I'll wait for the 'training the house down' articles, then I'll put that team in the regress column.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Ben Barba top try scorer will lead us to our maiden minor premiership whilst picking up his second dally m award

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
1. Roosters
2. Rabbitohs
3. Panthers
4. Storm
5. Broncos
6. Dragons
7. Knights
8. Raiders
9. Warriors
10. Sharks
11. Cowboys
12. Tigers
13. Sea Eagles
14. Bulldogs
15. Titans
16. Eels

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1/ Sharks ( With the squad they have,and the younger talent at their disposal,the Sharks will be one tough nut to crack)

2/ Storm (Too talented a squad to leave out of the top 4)

3/ Panthers ( Will be a more mature and experienced squad. Should improve on last year's ladder standing,providing the injuries don't sink in...again)

4/ Manly ( Hasler's return will definitely be the tonic for the Manly players and fans. IMO should be into the top 8 without too much trouble)

5/ Roosters ( When you win a premiership,EVERYONE will be out to get you. They should be ready for some treatment especially from Souths)

6/ Raiders ( The Raiders finished in brilliant form to leave their fans pondering a "what if we won those less than 6 point losses?" summation. Will definitely be in the top 8,and maybe surprise and jag a top 4 spot)

7/ Bulldogs ( Dogs have recruited well in the off season,and have a very dependable reserve grade side. Will carry on from were they finished off last season's form. A huge danger in the 2019 finals)

8/ Tigers ( Hopefully Cleary stays and gets the Tigers into the finals to leave a solid platform for the next coach take over.Might sneak in the top eight)

9/ Warriors (Still went missing as per usual in the business end of the season in the finals. This will affect them mentally,but will still win their fair share of games)

10/ Rabbitohs (Good squad,but it's not 2014 anymore,but they'll turn up for the Easts match)

11/ Cowboys (A toss of the coin.Could finish either top 4,or bottom 4. Players may as well have an extended holiday while they are up there)

12/ Dragons ( A nuisance side who will either carry on from their late season form,or capitulate into a steaming mire. An enigma I can't really bet on)

13/ Knights ( Will be winning a few more games with Pierce hopefully uninjured. Every chance of getting into the top 8 if luck falls their way.)

14/ Titans (If Cartwright can snap out of the trance he is in,the Titans will be competitive)

15/ Broncos (Bennett's last chance...with that,there will be unsettling within the ranks which might tear this club apart)

16/ Eels (A wait and see side.Doubtful they'll get above .300)

I thought we had something beautiful going Gong :(

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Knights no Pearce injury this season and things go a lot differently for them. Scraping into the 8 and probably getting rolled over the top of for an early finals exit would still make me moist after several spoons in a row in recent times. Too bad they can’t out brown paper bag the donkeys for tevita

GongPanther

Referee
I thought we had something beautiful going Gong :(
LOL! We're cool.

Basing my tip on the fact that if there are rumblings,which seem obvious,I wonder if it will have any effect. I'll change my stance if the Broncos and Bennett part ways before November training starts. Surely you have concerns surrounding this issue.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Newcastle could possibly go up the ranks next year. They were going well till Pearce and Ponga went down and it's extremely difficult to compete when 2 of your most important players spend periods out. For their sake I certainly hope they do. Newcastle and the Hunter deserve success.

Knights no Pearce injury this season and things go a lot differently for them. Scraping into the 8 and probably getting rolled over the top of for an early finals exit would still make me moist after several spoons in a row in recent times. Too bad they can’t out brown paper bag the donkeys for tevita

Personally think the Knights are the most likely to jump into the 8 out of the bottom 8 this year, and as mentioned 3/4 do it every year. Pretty sure the lowest turn over from the last decade or so is 2.

Exsilium

First Grade
Personally think the Knights are the most likely to jump into the 8 out of the bottom 8 this year, and as mentioned 3/4 do it every year. Pretty sure the lowest turn over from the last decade or so is 2.

With some injury luck, Knights are in the 8 without issue

blaza88z

Coach
LOL! We're cool.

Basing my tip on the fact that if there are rumblings,which seem obvious,I wonder if it will have any effect. I'll change my stance if the Broncos and Bennett part ways before November training starts. Surely you have concerns surrounding this issue.

Honestly I expected that to happen during the latter stages of this past season, I don't think it will be an issue what so ever, if anything the players seemed to get behind him more so than ever before, no concerns for me

footy75

Bench
In 2019 it will end up:

1. Sydney Roosters

The rest is murky.

The great man has spoken.

Albert,,, where do you see New Zealand's improvement coming from?

Latest posts