What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

Off topic the Sydney Thunder membership kicks arse.

Value all round.
Entry to 5 games and free to 6ers at SCG.
Free entry to Easter Show
Free entry to Wet n Wild
Free entry to Featherdale Wildlife Park
Free entry day session of Sydney Int tennis.
Shedloads of vouchers from sponsors to cinema, etc.

Plus all the usual trinkets and stickers and at games they give out clappers, xmas santa hats etc.

At $290.00 for family of 4.

sempmrh

Juniors
Without scouring through every club's membership benefits, it looks like a merchandise voucher isn't very common. Personally, I'm not too fussed that I don't get one - I'm happy enough with just a percentage off on purchases.

A few years back Storm offered a rewards program where you'd earn points by attending games early, loading your membership card with cash to spend on game day (never did it myself - heard nothing but negative things about it) and even interacting with the club on social media. You could redeem those points for tickets, merchandise and even away trip with the team. It only lasted a year or two before quietly being abandoned. Not the worst idea but I don't think it worked as well as they had hoped.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Value all round.
Free entry to Wet n Wild

Plus all the usual trinkets and stickers and at games they give out clappers, xmas santa hats etc.

You'd think with the NRL's pulling power it could negotiate all sorts of good voucher offers it could make available to all clubs for their members?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I didnt present it as a fact, I presented it as an opinion based on your question why would I "feel" that way lol

There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence on here about not liking ANZ so I wold consider I am not alone in this one.

When was thew last time they played a home game at SFS?
The figures speak for themselves and if the fans wanted a permanent move back to Moore Park, they'd have it.

Souths moved a home game to Allianz yearly from 2015-2017, it wasn't successful.

v Brisbane 12036 (in 2015)
v Manly 8273 (in 2016)
v Manly 10594 (in 2017)

Timmah

Staff member
For the first time this season we finally have a figure from all clubs - Brisbane's finally got an update and the Titans have a figure.

upload_2019-1-25_9-49-47.png

With everyone reporting, compared to the same day last year the aggregate is 16.5k ahead of last year, so even more than we had initially guessed.

Next update Feb 2 unless something dramatic happens in between.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

azza29

Juniors
Given they're coming off losing a premiership (compared to winning one the year before), Storm figures aren't terrible. If they can crack 25k again that would be a solid result.

Timmah

Staff member
Given they're coming off losing a premiership (compared to winning one the year before), Storm figures aren't terrible. If they can crack 25k again that would be a solid result.
The good thing is, pretty much every club is either in line with or ahead of last season. The only real concern to me look at that list is Penrith and even their figure isn't horrible.

taipan

Referee
For the first time this season we finally have a figure from all clubs - Brisbane's finally got an update and the Titans have a figure.

View attachment 26566

With everyone reporting, compared to the same day last year the aggregate is 16.5k ahead of last year, so even more than we had initially guessed.

Next update Feb 2 unless something dramatic happens in between.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Clubs finally after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, got their sh*t together.Only in rugby league.

taipan

Referee

Think having See Ya Later in their ranks,boosted last memberships.

Timmah

Staff member
Clubs finally after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, got their sh*t together.Only in rugby league.
I think the NRL forced their hand in order to get figures on their membership page (most of which are already out of date)

taipan

Referee
I think the NRL forced their hand in order to get figures on their membership page (most of which are already out of date)

Would have expected the Broncos at least to be on the front foot, as they seem to be in other areas.
And Penrith under Gould likewise.

azza29

Juniors
Think having See Ya Later in their ranks,boosted last memberships.
Always a bandwagon effect after a premiership win, and with Slater gone and 2018's loss I would have expected more of a drop to be honest. It'll be interesting to see whether they can match last year's total.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I am stuck in Kalgoorlie for a month and had the TV on in the backgroung - WINs West Australian Country feed. Ads to join the Red V team kept coming on and I had to check that it really was an ad for St George Membership.
Not sure how many in Kalgoorlie will take up the offer - maybe its aimed at the fly-in/fly-outs

carcharias

Immortal

Value all round.
Free entry to Wet n Wild

That is good.
Although I’d pay $290 to not have to go to the Easter show.

That is good.
Although I’d pay $290 to not have to go to the Easter show.

I'm with you on the Easter Show...but since 3 of 4 want to go, getting in for 'free' (yes...I know I paid "something" for it, via the tickets) is a nice little bonus. Can save the entry fee for a Dagwood Dog and maybe a Coke.

sempmrh

Juniors
Hopefully the club will push the ‘triple treat’ membership over the coming weeks because it looks to be pretty good value. A category two ticket for the All Stars game, Good Friday and ANZAC Day plus one other GA ticket for $130. Promoted well that could bring people in.