What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

ReddFelon

Juniors
I am stuck in Kalgoorlie for a month and had the TV on in the backgroung - WINs West Australian Country feed. Ads to join the Red V team kept coming on and I had to check that it really was an ad for St George Membership.
Not sure how many in Kalgoorlie will take up the offer - maybe its aimed at the fly-in/fly-outs
I used to work in Kalgoorlie, union and league are quite well supported due to the huge number of Kiwi and Saffa labourers.

carcharias

Immortal
I am stuck in Kalgoorlie for a month and had the TV on in the backgroung - WINs West Australian Country feed. Ads to join the Red V team kept coming on and I had to check that it really was an ad for St George Membership.
Not sure how many in Kalgoorlie will take up the offer - maybe its aimed at the fly-in/fly-outs

Could be worse
You could be stuck in Perth watching ads for the red V.

LineBall

Juniors

We're getting them up here in North Queensland too. No other clubs come to mind, even the cowboys.

Billythekid

First Grade
Considering their 07-09 crowds, we know they have potential and interest.

I dont understand why they cannot convert that into Membership or a better attendance.

Their club has been a basket case for years now both on and off the field. They lost a lot of that goodwill since then.

Looks like we should crack 20k this season. Great effort.

A successful season this year could see huge crowds and memberships. Hopefully the team delivers.

Knight Vision

First Grade
For the first time this season we finally have a figure from all clubs - Brisbane's finally got an update and the Titans have a figure.

View attachment 26566

With everyone reporting, compared to the same day last year the aggregate is 16.5k ahead of last year, so even more than we had initially guessed.

Next update Feb 2 unless something dramatic happens in between.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/
oh dear the Titans numbers are nothing short of embarrassing. Big questions need to be asked at a management level.

azza29

Juniors
That’s what happens when you try to invent teams in joints that aren’t footy joints.
Gold Coast is poison for professional sport, Titans and Suns both struggling, and in the last 30 years a pile of teams have either folded or fled. Bears, Giants/Seagulls, Chargers, Cougars, Blaze, GC United... just a graveyard of failed clubs.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Gold Coast is poison for professional sport, Titans and Suns both struggling, and in the last 30 years a pile of teams have either folded or fled. Bears, Giants/Seagulls, Chargers, Cougars, Blaze, GC United... just a graveyard of failed clubs.

Nah...

In terms of crowds, the Titans are still doing as well or better than 6 of the Sydney clubs.

Of all the clubs, they seem to be the team with the biggest disconnect between crowds and memberships. Crowds demonstrate the general support, membership is more an indication of the managements ability to harness this.

Hopefully the new managers do a better job than the old guys...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Who/what are the Gold Coast Bears?

Timmah

Staff member
I think he's referring to the Burleigh Bears? Or perhaps North Sydney's attempt to take over the Titans?
The latter was a media report and never happened. Not sure Burleigh have ever been in trouble.

azza29

Juniors
Brisbane Bears? They might have played out of Carrara but wasn't that only until the Gabba became available?
For the ten years they were the Bears half the time they were based in Carrara. Brisbane in name but in reality they were a Gold Coast club.

Timmah

Staff member
For the ten years they were the Bears half the time they were based in Carrara. Brisbane in name but in reality they were a Gold Coast club.
While they might have been based there, I don't think they were ever intended as a Gold Coast club, as evidenced by the immediate improvement in the clubs' fortunes when they relocated to the Gabba.

(ultimately they floundered again but I think that speaks more to the fact the AFL's never truly gained traction in QLD, but that's another discussion).

taipan

Referee
50+ years and people still not turning up for games in Cronulla, how long do you let a failed experiment run for?

50 years and still going strong,despite all the dramas.
Failure is not getting a gig.Feeling squeamish.

Brisbane population 2.4m
Sharks pop 218,000

Crowds Brisbane 2018 31,000 average
Sharks 12,685

Membership to date 2019
Brisbane 25,049
Sharks 13,276

Think I know pro rata ,who is pulling their fan following share.