What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

franklin2323

Immortal
probably been discussed ad nauseum, but the fox coverage is so much better than ch9 ... it's almost like they are trying lose the ratings ... it cannot be much longer until someone over there wakes up and copies the fox coverage ... i suppose they are trying with 100% footy but they need something every night in a better timeslot, even if they push it to gem or something.

Those who watch do so because they have no option. Main thing is those that watch 9 are watching NRL

Marlins

Juniors
Does anyone know the Record Ratings for an NRL match on FOX?
As mentioned on another thread, The BankWest opening game, won’t be shown on FTA. So I wonder if this years’s Easter game, could break the record.

Shark62

Juniors
As mentioned on another thread, The BankWest opening game, won’t be shown on FTA. So I wonder if this years’s Easter game, could break the record.
Over 400000. Can’t remember which game. Storm v Cronulla?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was it a nice day on Friday? Looks like everyone in Sydney was out at the park for the Souths game!

Perth Red

Post Whore

Not even close which is surprising given the hype around this game for last couple of weeks. Did rate the highest in the round though.,

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Great work Timmah!
We've been keeping track all year, just google "Monday expert wrap leagueunlimited" and it should come up in search. Ratings, crowds, judiciary, injuries and Player of the Year points (as awarded by our live updaters)

Timmah

Staff member
Not even close which is surprising given the hype around this game for last couple of weeks. Did rate the highest in the round though.,
Second highest Fox game this year behind R1 Storm v Broncos (which was dual broadcast). So the highest standalone Fox game this year easily.

The only reason it wouldn't have smashed through 350-400K is probably because it was played on a public holiday.

Shark62

Juniors
Second highest Fox game this year behind R1 Storm v Broncos (which was dual broadcast). So the highest standalone Fox game this year easily.

The only reason it wouldn't have smashed through 350-400K is probably because it was played on a public holiday.
Kayo hurts as well.

Billythekid

First Grade
It was a 50 point drubbing, it’s only going to rate so highly. Regardless the match rates well and drew a great crowd. That stadium is the best thing to happen to league in years. Hopefully it shows just how much of a difference a modern stadium makes so that others like Canberra stand up and take notice.

Shark62

Juniors
Undoubtedly, but it's not "hurting" per se, it's just people watching via a different method.

You'd have to wonder when we start seeing Kayo produce these stats.
I meant hurt the official ratings. It didn’t hurt the viewership as such. I hurled down plenty of beer watching it on Kayo!

Shark62

Juniors
AFL had massive fta ratings last night. Over 830000 including regionals. I suspect the Melbourne audience was huge as it was a game between two Melbourne suburbs. Food for thought next year for the NRL. Today will be interesting as we got a bit of a hiding last year for the afternoon match compared with them. We left it solely on fox for far too long. Reactive administration I’m afraid.

Timmah

Staff member
It was a 50 point drubbing, it’s only going to rate so highly. Regardless the match rates well and drew a great crowd. That stadium is the best thing to happen to league in years. Hopefully it shows just how much of a difference a modern stadium makes so that others like Canberra stand up and take notice.
For all the bleating about stadia upgrades, the absolute first priority should be GIO Stadium. It's a f**king embarrassment that the coldest location in the NRL has the least protected stadium.

Latest posts